News:

Does God exist?

Grm · 107987

Offline The_PG

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +18/-2
  • SDHN!
Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 10:22:17 AM
I think one has to exist simply due to the process of elimination.

I've seen macro-evolution so shot full of holes it's not even funny, and every other explanation (no matter what religion) relies on the presence of one or several supernatural beings creating the world, etc. So imho one has to exist, I won't go into the rest of the questions and debates that spawn off that, since you simply asked if God exists, and you now have my answer.

Btw, there a reason you capitalized God? That's giving an awful lot of respect to something you don't believe in/or believe firmly against, whatever the case. :)

Offline Grm

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +456/-117
  • Goodbye KB
Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 12:05:03 PM
The only people who believe that natural selection is not the reason for the natural world are those who out of ignorance or choice, prefer not understand how it works. As for capitals, thats how my processor works, the program was probably written by a good catholic.  ;D

Offline eddie73

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +19/-0
Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 12:59:37 PM
Capitalised - God - the God

Uncapitalised - god - a god

eddie

The only people who believe that natural selection is not the reason for the natural world are those who out of ignorance or choice, prefer not understand how it works. As for capitals, thats how my processor works, the program was probably written by a good catholic.  ;D

Offline Grm

• Freakishly Strange
  • Goodbye KB
Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 04:21:58 PM
Oh gud eddie, what are you now my eGliSh Teecher.
God, [OK PG its the beginning of the sentance], was in a good mood. He decided he would give all true believers some extra excellence.

Offline Psymon

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +48/-0
  • What fresh hell is this?
Reply #24 on: August 03, 2007, 05:14:05 PM
God DAMN i love catholic school girls! All that repression makes them so damn horny all the time.

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here. This is a war room.

Offline The_PG

• Degenerate
  • SDHN!
Reply #25 on: August 04, 2007, 01:56:03 AM
lol - sorry i brought a serious tone to this discussion - i have this thing about being too literal most of the time - O.o

Offline eddie73

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +19/-0
Reply #26 on: August 04, 2007, 02:16:00 AM
Oddly enough GRM, I wasn't trying to be awkward.  I think there is a difference between God as in God in the Bible (the father of Christ) and a god that one believes must be there but does not know the form.  I wll endeavour to be clearer next time. 

And for God's sake, GRM, sit up straight in that chair.  What kind of classroom do you think I am running here.

eddie

Oh gud eddie, what are you now my eGliSh Teecher.
God, [OK PG its the beginning of the sentance], was in a good mood. He decided he would give all true believers some extra excellence.

Offline Grm

• Freakishly Strange
  • Goodbye KB
Reply #27 on: August 04, 2007, 06:09:52 AM
lol - sorry i brought a serious tone to this discussion - i have this thing about being too literal most of the time - O.o
Never apologise in the rowdy room PG, despite the levity that inevitably creeps in to the arguments sometimes. I created the first Rowdy Room on another forum so that people could insult other members [and me] without getting banned, luckily we have not yet had a troll, but if we do this place will be their natural home. Now start throwing the dirt!

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #28 on: August 07, 2007, 08:23:20 AM
GOD IS DEAD. I KILLED HIM!

Now who said that?

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine .......  ;D

Offline The_PG

• Degenerate
  • SDHN!
Reply #29 on: August 09, 2007, 10:19:28 AM
Never apologise in the rowdy room PG, despite the levity that inevitably creeps in to the arguments sometimes. I created the first Rowdy Room on another forum so that people could insult other members [and me] without getting banned, luckily we have not yet had a troll, but if we do this place will be their natural home. Now start throwing the dirt!

*chucks it*

Offline The_PG

• Degenerate
  • SDHN!
Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 10:20:17 AM
GOD IS DEAD. I KILLED HIM!

Now who said that?

Eminem i think. Or maybe that was about Tupac... O.o

Offline celticfeline

• Ceridwen
  • Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +209/-24
  • meeeeeeeeeow
Reply #31 on: September 15, 2007, 09:23:17 PM
anybody wanna buy me the grim reaper dildo?  I promise they can use it on me...repeatedly

SEX KITTENS OF THE WORLD UNITE!

Chrysanthem

Reply #32 on: September 15, 2007, 11:51:19 PM
NOPE, theres NO shitting GODalmightie anyway round __ not EVEN in fucking HEL!! Or how doU xplain all of shitBags us are HERE LOL?!
Please lick off my Ass after commentin, im too lazy to wash it :P

Offline Enigma

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +17/-2
Reply #33 on: September 28, 2007, 09:40:57 AM
GOd has shit to do with religion.

God never diad let there be Jews, or Catholics or Methodist.

Relgion was invented by man to Give himself a way of undersanding something that is impossible to understand.

I do believe in a higher power, call it God, or Joe or Sue whatever makes you feel good. IF what we call life is just an accident then how come it keeps reapeting its self? Each one of us us make up of about 14 trillion atoms (give or take a few trillion) not one ofthose atoms in and of its self is alive, rearange those 14 trillion atom that make you in any other way and you wont be alive either, you mite be a rock or a table or a peanut butter sandwich.

If that aint a miricle then I dont know what is

Reality is only a point of view

Offline Grm

• Freakishly Strange
  • Goodbye KB
Reply #34 on: September 28, 2007, 06:52:43 PM
'I dislike blasphemy on purely rational grounds. If there is no God, blasphemy is stupid and unnecessary; if there is, then it's damned dangerous.'
Flann O'Brien

Offline AvatarofTruth

• Hero Protagonist
  • Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +183/-47
  • Je suis Marxiste, tendance Groucho
Reply #35 on: November 05, 2007, 07:21:58 AM
The way I tend to approach questions of theology is by attacking them from this front:

There either is or is not a creator of the universe.

No one has a choice over what the answer is. They can only choose what to believe.

Most people believe that if they do not know why the sky is blue, then no one knows. Religion is an opiate designed to provide answers and placation in the face of uncertainty and fear.

Look at the probability curve. When you make enough measurements, maybe in this case of the position of a star, you may never know for certain the exact location of the star, but with enough data you will begin to see a pattern, and the highest point of the curve is the most likely position of that star.

And so it is with God. We can never prove with certainty the non-existence of a spiritual being, but we can over a period of time and with an abundance of data come to a theory of existence which does not include an omniscient creator.

A lot of people never learn this, but Darwin was an atheist, and his theory of natural selection was based on there being no God. The recent COBE mission proved that the big bang occurred, which one could argue further adds to the data on the 'God does not exist' side of the debate.

As for Enigma's convoluted and quasi-scientific argument, I believe the obvious ignorant nature of it speaks for itself.

Offline Grm

• Freakishly Strange
  • Goodbye KB
Reply #36 on: November 05, 2007, 07:21:14 PM
As for Enigma's convoluted and quasi-scientific argument,
That made me chuckle avatar,

Canary

Reply #37 on: November 06, 2007, 12:25:34 AM
Well, yes God exists within each one of us.  We are born with a sense of right and wrong and to the extent that we chose to follow those feelings each of us becomes a little god.  But of course the devil also exists within each of us as well so who really cares. :)

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #38 on: November 06, 2007, 12:25:46 AM
Actually, I have decided that GRM is god.  All hail GRM!

Offline Gina Marie

• So fucking done with it all.
  • Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1375/-70
  • Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated
Reply #39 on: November 06, 2007, 05:14:53 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 10:31:46 PM by Gia1978 »