KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does God exist?  (Read 86908 times)
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 590

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #1260 on: June 14, 2019, 07:26:38 PM »

And if your non-religion makes you hate religion, or religious believers, you need a new life.

And a new non-religion.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 09:04:29 PM by ToeinH20 » Logged
psiberzerker
« Reply #1261 on: June 14, 2019, 08:19:37 PM »

ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 590

« Reply #1262 on: November 01, 2019, 09:11:24 PM »

Scientists are baffled: What’s up with the universe?

psiberzerker
« Reply #1263 on: November 01, 2019, 11:17:40 PM »

This inflation paradox is ultimately what made them make up Dark Matter, Dark Energy, and Dark Drift.  I'm not sure any of them actually exist.  They made up Dark Matter to explain a problem with the equation underpinning the Hubble Constant.  So, the Universe had to be more massive (And therefore have a greater gravitational density) than they could measure, so they made up a special form of matter that they can't detect to balance the equation.

That threw the equation for universal expansion off, so they made up Dark Energy to explain that...
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 590

« Reply #1264 on: November 30, 2019, 08:41:20 PM »

This inflation paradox is ultimately what made them make up Dark Matter, Dark Energy, and Dark Drift.  I'm not sure any of them actually exist.  They made up Dark Matter to explain a problem with the equation underpinning the Hubble Constant.  So, the Universe had to be more massive (And therefore have a greater gravitational density) than they could measure, so they made up a special form of matter that they can't detect to balance the equation.

That threw the equation for universal expansion off, so they made up Dark Energy to explain that...

Then again...

Stellar Black Hole in Our Galaxy Is So Massive It Shouldn't Exist

Eric The Red
Pervert

Fame 17

« Reply #1265 on: December 01, 2019, 12:29:59 AM »

Does God exist? For anyone with an open, enquiring mind there can only be one conclusion, extremely unlikely. I think of myself as an atheist, i.e there definitely isn't a god, but no one can prove there isn't one, so I guess I'm an atheist/slightly agnostic. Those who believe, just believe, why? Their parents believed and passed on their blind faith to their offspring. The belief in god causes more horror and distress to humankind than any good it purports. Isn't it time we ditched  god and started using our brains?
For me the answer is yes and no, and if you know what I mean then you know what I mean and if not, give it time.
For those who have seen no explanation is necessary, and for those who have not none would suffice.
The problem with religion is that if a person has a revelation it's a revelation for that person.
As soon as they tell that to someone else it becomes hearsay.
I'm not saying that hearsay can't be good evidence, and even in a court of law it's often accepted, but there's no substitute for seeing it yourself.
I don't believe it's an accident that all of our great spiritual icons like Jesus and Buddha are essentially men of peace.
Clearly something vital is getting lost in translation but that's the bitch of it.
Fact is if you could perceive the universe, how it functions, and your place in it for even a second you'd realize that a question like, "Is there a god?" is superfluous and kind of absurd.
For me the game is to live in such a way that when you die it doesn't matter if there's a God or not, you did it right and can die at peace.

But that's just what I think.
Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 208

I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls

« Reply #1266 on: December 01, 2019, 01:17:49 AM »

Then again...

Stellar Black Hole in Our Galaxy Is So Massive It Shouldn't Exist

Possibly something that has even more suction than Chirp.
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 590

« Reply #1267 on: December 01, 2019, 01:51:38 AM »

Interstellar should have been called Intergalactic. #thoughtsintheshower
Fish
Stranger Than Fiction
Freakishly Strange

Fame 254

A taste is a waste of time.

« Reply #1268 on: December 12, 2019, 01:02:48 AM »

Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education. However, through compassionate dialogue, help others renounce fanaticism and narrowness.

And if your non-religion makes you hate religion, or religious believers, you need a new life.

If your life experiences with religion lead you to the conclusion that religious beliefs lead to evil or shameful conduct, gently encourage those you care about to explore why they are attached to those beliefs when those beliefs are so massively unfounded.

Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.
Supersoftball
Degenerate

Fame -3

Blue Lives Matter!

« Reply #1269 on: February 03, 2020, 03:30:19 PM »

Does God exist? For anyone with an open, enquiring mind there can only be one conclusion, extremely unlikely. I think of myself as an atheist, i.e there isn't a god, but no one can prove there isn't one, so I guess I'm an atheist/slightly agnostic. Those who believe, just believe, why? Their parents believed and passed on their blind faith to their offspring. The belief in god causes more horror and distress to humankind than any good it purports. Isn't it time we ditched god and started using our brains?

I think a person is entitled to believe in whatever they wish. The efforts at brainwashing worked until I reached the age of reasoning at around 9 or 10 for me.

Bass Reeves<br /><br />\"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.\"
blackdog
New Pervert

Fame 1

« Reply #1270 on: February 21, 2020, 01:28:57 AM »

I haven't believed in a god since I was in my mid teens and throughout my life I've grown to
despise all religions because of their bigotry and hatred for anyone who doesn't think as they do. Just recently I found this short video on youtube that sums up my feelings and what I personally believe.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/L6IPFyHEv3o&rel=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/L6IPFyHEv3o&rel=1</a>
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: