YAY for Monica!

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy

_priapism

Reply #5863 on: October 07, 2019, 10:55:28 PM
It says “fake Tweet” at the top of the photo.  So we need Snopes to verify that a photo labeled “fake Tweet” is in fact fake?   :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #5864 on: October 07, 2019, 11:32:55 PM
It says “fake Tweet” at the top of the photo.  So we need Snopes to verify that a photo labeled “fake Tweet” is in fact fake?   :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I just don’t have that automatic instinctiveness to read the fine print that you have, LOL.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #5865 on: October 08, 2019, 07:12:20 PM
I must admit I bought it to.  Still, makes a good point though.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #5866 on: October 09, 2019, 03:23:04 PM
I’m increasingly thinking he’s not going to make it to either the election or an actual impeachment.  He’s going over the deep end both mentally and physically.  There’s going to be a complete mental breakdown (one even the deplorables will see), a stroke or he’ll send interns on one too many Bigmac or KFC run and have a real heart attack (not a little Bernie one).

I might be starting to feel sorry for him.  OK, not there yet.

_priapism

Reply #5867 on: October 09, 2019, 06:22:35 PM
My Russian wife and I were discussing this at bedtime last night.  Putin won.  Former KGB head hotwired the system and got a totally unqualified individual into the White House.  But then he hit the jackpot. That individual also proved to be a hothead, a narcissist, a man with zero love of country and solely love of self.  It could not have worked out better.  We’ve damaged our standing, our roles, our alliances, and our economic interests... all in three years.

I can’t remember a time in our history when virtually everyone, on both sides of the aisles, has negative feelings about our political institutions, our intelligence community, our foreign policy, and domestic commercial enterprise.  This is *not* making America great again.  This is setting America 100 years back.  The “good old days” for corporate cronyism.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5868 on: October 10, 2019, 04:12:02 AM
Yep.  Putin must love that we have pulled out of Syria and left the Kurds to die.  Now they can dominate Syria and the USA has been shown to be a feckless ally.

I'm an athiest, but that does not stop me from praying that Trump rots in hell for his betrayal of the Kurds.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1603/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #5869 on: October 11, 2019, 08:11:15 PM
Yep.  Putin must love that we have pulled out of Syria and left the Kurds to die.  Now they can dominate Syria and the USA has been shown to be a feckless ally.

I'm an athiest, but that does not stop me from praying that Trump rots in hell for his betrayal of the Kurds.

Our allies, if we have any left, must be thinking WTF is going on. I am afraid it will take years to repair all the damage that has been done in terms of trusting the United States.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #5870 on: October 11, 2019, 11:33:11 PM
Rudy Giuliani is about to get a Cohenesque view of the underside of a bus.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5871 on: October 17, 2019, 02:59:45 AM
The Ukraine stuff is sure getting deep.  It's hard to see how Trump can avoid impeachment at this point.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #5872 on: October 17, 2019, 06:45:26 AM
What is the High Crime or Misdemeanor? What is the charge?

The Ukraine stuff is sure getting deep.  It's hard to see how Trump can avoid impeachment at this point.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

psiberzerker

Reply #5873 on: October 17, 2019, 08:05:51 PM
What is the High Crime or Misdemeanor? What is the charge?

Treason.  Conspiring with a foreign power to circumvent Democracy.  Also, election fraud, espionage...

Hasn't changed much from when it was Russia directly, only this time we have him dead to rights.

IdleBoast

Reply #5874 on: October 17, 2019, 08:49:36 PM
I just heard that Trump has arranged for the next G7 summit to be held on one of his properties.

Isn't there a rule against presidents profiting from their presidential activities...?

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5875 on: October 17, 2019, 09:40:36 PM
It's good to hear from you again Joan.

If you are a Constitutional Scholar, reading the Federalist Papers is a must. The Federalist papers can be considered the notes behind the drafting of the Constitution, and they express the founders' original intent.

Among the founders greatest fears and concerns was foreign influence in our elections. Trump was caught actively sliciting such interference.

Also the founders strongly belived NO ONE should be above the law, and that is why impeachment was provided for.  By witholding foreign aid approved by congress for a political favor, he has not only broken the law but also shown his contempt for the seperation of powers provided for in the Constiution.  He has broken his oath to all of us.

Arent you just a little upset about this?

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #5876 on: October 17, 2019, 09:53:14 PM
What is the specific CHARGE? Is there a 'charge' at all? Is something the President has done illegal? If so, should be easy to identify the broken law, and make a 'charge'. What I see is one false thing after another being 'leaked' to Media, and then rejected in polls, so 'another one' is leaked, in hopes of finding the 'magic' one with which to make a 'charge'.

When will The House, who has the sole ability to Impeach, decide and vote on a charge of impeachment? TheHouse includes all it's Members, by recorded vote, as was done with the first Clinton Impeachment. Does TheHouse have the votes to charge the President with Impeachment?

Seems not, at this time.

It's good to hear from you again Joan.

If you are a Constitutional Scholar, reading the Federalist Papers is a must. The Federalist papers can be considered the notes behind the drafting of the Constitution, and they express the founders' original intent.

Among the founders greatest fears and concerns was foreign influence in our elections. Trump was caught actively sliciting such interference.

Also the founders strongly belived NO ONE should be above the law, and that is why impeachment was provided for.  By witholding foreign aid approved by congress for a political favor, he has not only broken the law but also shown his contempt for the seperation of powers provided for in the Constiution.  He has broken his oath to all of us.

Arent you just a little upset about this?

psiberzerker

Reply #5877 on: October 17, 2019, 09:59:30 PM
What I see is one false thing after another being 'leaked' to Media, and then rejected in polls, so 'another one' is leaked, in hopes of finding the 'magic' one with which to make a 'charge'.

When will The House, who has the sole ability to Impeach, decide and vote on a charge of impeachment? TheHouse includes all it's Members, by recorded vote, as was done with the first Clinton Impeachment. Does The House have the votes to charge the President with Impeachment?

Okay, first you invoke the polls, then say that the House tries the Impeachment.  The polls don't have anything to do with it, it's not a Popularity contest, it's an Impeachment.  

Again, the "charge" is espionage.  Conspiring with a foreign power (Ukraine) to gain government secrets (Dirt on the former vice-president) and fix an election.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 10:05:48 PM by psiberzerker »

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #5878 on: October 17, 2019, 10:30:01 PM
  I asked a number of questions, not all in sequence, and indeed NO CHARGE has yet been made. Lots of enticing thoughts, phrases, speculation by wannabe Democrats and leftist media, and still no vote, no charge...

TheHouse is the entity noted in the Constitution with power to Impeach. Not TheSpeaker, not some CommitteeChair, not a Party Leader, Minority Leader, no, only TheHouse has the ability to Impeach our President.

The House in previous modern "Impeachment Processes", as was the case with the Impeachment of President William Jefferson Clinton, takes a recorded VOTE, which demonstrates the will of the House to start the Impeachment Process.

The Impeachment Process affords Subpoena Powers for all involved, including Democrat and Republican Members. Affords cross examination of all witnesses, and other formalities. No such vote of TheHouse regarding the will of the House to Impeach President Donald John Trump has been taken.

When will TheHouse vote on Impeachment? Is 'Espionage' the Charge that TheHouse has decided to pursue? Is that the High Crime or Misdemeanor?
To date, TheHouse has not Vote, nor established any CHARGE, not taken on the formalities required for Impeachment of the President.

My mention of "Polls", which you state have nothing to do with the process, is directly involved in what we see happening around us today, and for the past many many months, where Media driven public interest is sampled on one then the next, then the next, then the next, etc., "possible" charges or actions that could or should happen, all in an effort to drive down the Polls of the President, his public perception, with one after another 'also ran' charge.

WHEN will the House of Representatives express itself through recorded Vote on WHETHER TheHouse wishes to pursue a Impeachment Charge, Espionage?

If Nancy had the votes, the VOTE of the House would be happening now.
She does not have the votes, is my conclusion.

Offline staci

• KB Pervert of the Year 2023
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1835/-28
Reply #5879 on: October 17, 2019, 10:52:35 PM
I rarely venture into these waters but feel the need to maybe give you a reason why there is no "charge" to date.

As each day, week, month go by, new revolutions come to light of sometime serious misdoings and often new areas this president has soiled that are still being researched and investigated. Mayhaps, rather than to subject the House to a vote for one or even two "charges, the Left figures with time, one or maybe two will be more enforceable.??

Honestly JJ, in my opinion, this guy is his own enemy and any fool knows to get one foot out of the mud, the other has to be on solid ground.

one of the originals