KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

The Trump thread: All things Donald

joan1984 · 234682

_priapism

Reply #6160 on: March 19, 2020, 05:34:27 PM
Stated from a very safe distance away...

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #6161 on: March 19, 2020, 05:50:40 PM
I used to read the BBC for a lot of U.S. political news, just to see how others view us from the outside looking in.

However, Trump is an existential threat not just to the U.S., but to the entire world.  Now, go ahead and use the word hyperbole.

_priapism

Reply #6162 on: March 19, 2020, 06:40:19 PM
I don't like them and the economy is fucked and therefore they can fuck themselves.   :emot_laughing:

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #6163 on: March 19, 2020, 10:02:48 PM
I used to read the BBC for a lot of U.S. political news, just to see how others view us from the outside looking in.

However, Trump is an existential threat not just to the U.S., but to the entire world.  Now, go ahead and use the word hyperbole.

If you know it's hyperbole then why would you say it?

Probably because I don’t consider what I said to be hyperbolic, just expected it might be viewed that way.

What a strange circumstance that the under siege feeling I’ve had with the war on the truth going on for many years peaking exponentially in the last 3 years, that things manifest themselves as an actual worldwide siege.

I’m going bar hopping, starting in my kitchen and ending in my bedroom.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #6164 on: March 19, 2020, 10:19:23 PM

It’s a high level of frustration for me.  I’ve not been in contact yet since this started with my two uncles in their 70s, but as conservatives (even in one case extremely conservative), I worry they have been listening to Sean Hannity and Medal of Freedom recipient Rush Limbaugh telling them this is all a Democrat scam, and they are acting as if this is business as usual unnecessarily exposing themselves to a real threat, especially at their age.  I told my mom to take it seriously, at least she listens to me.

Much as I’ve been trying to avoid going out, I’ve had to pick up prescriptions twice and get my blood drawn, both happen to be in the grocery store I frequent.  I live in a conservative area.  My friends I hang out with are Republicans.  When I went to my grocery store this week (too many times), I’m appalled at the high number of elderly inside acting as if things are fine.  I envision them watching Fox and taking about the Dem virus hoax.

I’m frustrated, scared for my family, friends and yes myself, and as toe said very stressed.  I doubt there will be any accountability to those that downplayed this, but they are killing people.  That upsets me.  The numbers show who are not taking this seriously, it’s conservatives listening to our president and conservative media and the young who think they are immortal.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2945/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #6165 on: March 20, 2020, 07:33:12 PM
I think it is fair to say that everyone is under a lot of stress.  So the level of vitriol has been  exponentially increased.  Imagine the neighbors across the street have a swastika draped on their house, and an “Adolph 2020” sign on their car and in their window.  You’ve know these people for years.  Your kids played together.  Yet here it is.  Right in your face.  They support a wholly unqualified candidate who has declared war on the world order, the environment, persons of color, closed the borders, and engaged in just about every sort of racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic chicanery imaginable.  The pussy grabber in chief.  Trump supporters are on the wrong side of history, but we are making the history right now.

So now voting trump is equal to supporting the holocaust?? What a disgusting disrespect to those who suffered that tragedy.   

What is wrong with you?

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #6166 on: March 20, 2020, 10:03:53 PM
Calm down folks!  This is a message board.  We are all frustrated by the situation and things are boiling over.  Just try to be understanding that we are all concerned.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #6167 on: March 21, 2020, 09:40:39 PM

Calm down folks!  This is a message board.  We are all frustrated by the situation and things are boiling over.  Just try to be understanding that we are all concerned.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #6168 on: March 25, 2020, 06:29:57 AM
It seems Trump wants to let COVID-19 run its course and get everyone back to work by Easter.  He still  seems to think the econmy can be saved with Hospitals overflowing and having to turn people away because of the lack of intensive care beds.  If Trump moves forward with his plan Doctors will have to decide who gets needed care and who doesn't.

Maybe he's right and maybe he's not.  I would prefer to follow the experts.  Trump is not one.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #6169 on: March 25, 2020, 12:43:18 PM
  The President, elected by all of us in 2016, is our Chief Executive, and listens to many Experts, in Health, as well as in all other aspects of our Nation's world class standing, and our economy.

Expectation is the Senate will pass it's Phase3 Bill today, with bipartisan support and the House will vote on the identical legislation, so as to allow the Two Trillion Dollar investment to join with the 4 Trillion Dollar investment the Fed is making, to stabilize our nation, as we deal with this novel virus, along with all the other issues in life, and get our county back on its feet, moving forward... regaining the excellent economy that has been disturbed recently.

Vulnerable populations will continue to listen to their State and Local elected leaders, and take the steps needed to protect their health, while the Nation is able to get back to work, and rebuild our companies and corporations efforts, so when the general public is ready to return safely to American Life, they have something worth living for in place, once again.

Our 'new normal' need not be the dire condition for all we currently endure, and new medicines, as well as over 60 existing medicines are being evaluated to cure or reduce the deadly aspects of the C Virus.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #6170 on: March 25, 2020, 10:08:31 PM
  The President, elected by all of us in 2016, is our Chief Executive, and listens to many Experts, in Health, as well as in all other aspects of our Nation's world class standing, and our economy.

You are wrong.  Trump was not elected President by "all of us" in 2016.  He was elected by the electoral congress, a decrepit institution that was meant to sooth the slave states concerning their lessser standing with regards to the "popular vote."

In fact, Trump lost the popular vote by more than 2 million votes, and when you consider the majority of eligible voters did not even vote at all it is then clear that Trump actually came in third place after "none of the above" and Mrs. Clinton.

Again, Trump was never elected by all of us.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #6171 on: March 25, 2020, 10:47:27 PM
President Trump was elected the same way every President is elected, every four years, by winning the majority of electoral college votes, which means he won the votes of more states, you know, the popular vote of his share of the 50 States and the District Of Columbia... the same way Obama, and Clinton, and Bush, and Bush, and Reagan, and Nixon, and Eisenhower, and all the rest won... and having won in that manner, he represents all Americans, those who matter, and Democrats as well, Lois.

You are wrong.  Trump was not elected President by "all of us" in 2016.  He was elected by the electoral congress, a decrepit institution that was meant to sooth the slave states concerning their lessser standing with regards to the "popular vote."

In fact, Trump lost the popular vote by more than 2 million votes, and when you consider the majority of eligible voters did not even vote at all it is then clear that Trump actually came in third place after "none of the above" and Mrs. Clinton.

Again, Trump was never elected by all of us.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #6172 on: March 26, 2020, 05:30:09 AM
So?  He still was not elected by popular vote.  He has no mandate.  Not all Americans elected him to office as you like to believe.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #6173 on: March 26, 2020, 06:20:15 AM
which means he won the votes of more states

False.

Not all states have the same number of "votes" within the electoral college.  You don't need to win majority of 50 states, you just need to win the ones with the most "votes".  Hillary can win Wisconsin, Michigan, north Dakota, south Dakota, Iowa, and Montana.  Trump wins Texas, and he's ahead....  think about it.

35 vs 38 in the electoral college

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #6174 on: March 26, 2020, 11:49:11 AM
  The United States individually control their own elections, with some common denominators of course. There is no National Popular Vote... Media talking heads created this 'count' which has no valid use when it comes to elections.

Each State or Territory/District conducts an election, and the popular vote counts for the most part, to determine the winner of the State Vote for Federal Elections. Most such elections are 'Winner Take All' as to allocation of Electoral College distribution, and importantly not all are Winner Take All. Each State may determine how to allocate such Electoral College "votes", and should, in my opinion, distribute such votes by the Districts within the state represented.
This is of course up to the individual States.

The District Of Columbia managed to wrangle itself 3 permanent Democrat votes in our Electoral College, which should be looked into anew, with the 'Senate' portion of our Electoral Votes eliminated, as DC has no Senators that matter (we manage to squander money on two 'shadow' Senators who do not have any meaningful, accountable tasks... along with our Non Voting Delegate to the House of Representatives, who at least assumes some functional uses.)

Just as Congressional Districts are allocated by State/Territory/District (only by State or Commonwealth, with House voting capability), and those same Districts are represented in the Electoral College, for election of the President in our Repubic. The President is President of ALL Americans, like him/her or not.

One President at a time. Four Years at a time, at least so far...

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #6175 on: March 26, 2020, 04:54:27 PM
So?  Not all Americans elected him to office as you say.

He was not even elected by a majority of the population.  He has no mandate.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #6176 on: March 27, 2020, 03:30:35 AM
Furthermore, Trump acts like he's only a president for his base.  He does not care about California or any other state that did not vote for HIM.

Trump acts like he's a Presdent for just 40%.  He really should be working to be a President for all of us.

_priapism

Reply #6177 on: March 27, 2020, 05:07:56 AM
299 days...

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #6178 on: March 27, 2020, 02:13:24 PM
  Our President is for ALL Americans, and for Aliens who reside in America, legal or otherwise. All 50 States are in the Phase3 Bill negotiated with the White House and Senate, with buy in from the Speaker of the House. All 5 Districts and Territories are included in that Bill as well.

State Governors who reject the President's assistance on behalf of their State Residents, for purely political reasons, along with the Democrat Media, try to blur that line, yet all the States get the support they are due, as we all know.

Up until 2016, all Citizens and their State Governors gave due support to their President, without regard as to whether that President won their State's electoral Votes.  One President at a time, as it should be.

Furthermore, Trump acts like he's only a president for his base.  He does not care about California or any other state that did not vote for HIM.

Trump acts like he's a Presdent for just 40%.  He really should be working to be a President for all of us.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #6179 on: March 27, 2020, 02:49:14 PM
One president at a time joan?  I’d be happy to have a president leading.  But in the obvious absence of leadership, I’m glad the state governors including my own are providing leadership.  All the while a petulant narcissist in chief can’t think of anyone but himself.

Welcome to Donald Trump’s Easter celebration.