KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 409 410 411 412 413 [414]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Trump thread: All things Donald  (Read 136253 times)
Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 636

« Reply #6195 on: March 26, 2020, 05:30:09 AM »

So?  He still was not elected by popular vote.  He has no mandate.  Not all Americans elected him to office as you like to believe.

Shiela_M
Total freak

Fame 79

Let's do some "we shouldn't be doing this" things

« Reply #6196 on: March 26, 2020, 06:20:15 AM »

which means he won the votes of more states

False.

Not all states have the same number of "votes" within the electoral college.  You don't need to win majority of 50 states, you just need to win the ones with the most "votes".  Hillary can win Wisconsin, Michigan, north Dakota, south Dakota, Iowa, and Montana.  Trump wins Texas, and he's ahead....  think about it.

35 vs 38 in the electoral college

I'll have sex with you, but I only make love with good music
joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 322

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #6197 on: March 26, 2020, 11:49:11 AM »

The United States individually control their own elections, with some common denominators of course. There is no National Popular Vote... Media talking heads created this 'count' which has no valid use when it comes to elections.

Each State or Territory/District conducts an election, and the popular vote counts for the most part, to determine the winner of the State Vote for Federal Elections. Most such elections are 'Winner Take All' as to allocation of Electoral College distribution, and importantly not all are Winner Take All. Each State may determine how to allocate such Electoral College "votes", and should, in my opinion, distribute such votes by the Districts within the state represented.
This is of course up to the individual States.

The District Of Columbia managed to wrangle itself 3 permanent Democrat votes in our Electoral College, which should be looked into anew, with the 'Senate' portion of our Electoral Votes eliminated, as DC has no Senators that matter (we manage to squander money on two 'shadow' Senators who do not have any meaningful, accountable tasks... along with our Non Voting Delegate to the House of Representatives, who at least assumes some functional uses.)

Just as Congressional Districts are allocated by State/Territory/District (only by State or Commonwealth, with House voting capability), and those same Districts are represented in the Electoral College, for election of the President in our Repubic. The President is President of ALL Americans, like him/her or not.

One President at a time. Four Years at a time, at least so far...

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much, but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.
Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 636

« Reply #6198 on: March 26, 2020, 04:54:27 PM »

So?  Not all Americans elected him to office as you say.

He was not even elected by a majority of the population.  He has no mandate.

Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 636

« Reply #6199 on: March 27, 2020, 03:30:35 AM »

Furthermore, Trump acts like he's only a president for his base.  He does not care about California or any other state that did not vote for HIM.

Trump acts like he's a Presdent for just 40%.  He really should be working to be a President for all of us.

ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 585

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #6200 on: March 27, 2020, 05:07:56 AM »

299 days...
joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 322

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #6201 on: March 27, 2020, 02:13:24 PM »

Our President is for ALL Americans, and for Aliens who reside in America, legal or otherwise. All 50 States are in the Phase3 Bill negotiated with the White House and Senate, with buy in from the Speaker of the House. All 5 Districts and Territories are included in that Bill as well.

State Governors who reject the President's assistance on behalf of their State Residents, for purely political reasons, along with the Democrat Media, try to blur that line, yet all the States get the support they are due, as we all know.

Up until 2016, all Citizens and their State Governors gave due support to their President, without regard as to whether that President won their State's electoral Votes.  One President at a time, as it should be.

Furthermore, Trump acts like he's only a president for his base.  He does not care about California or any other state that did not vote for HIM.

Trump acts like he's a Presdent for just 40%.  He really should be working to be a President for all of us.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much, but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.
Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 207

I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls

« Reply #6202 on: March 27, 2020, 02:49:14 PM »

One president at a time joan?  I’d be happy to have a president leading.  But in the obvious absence of leadership, I’m glad the state governors including my own are providing leadership.  All the while a petulant narcissist in chief can’t think of anyone but himself.

Welcome to Donald Trump’s Easter celebration.

joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 322

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #6203 on: March 27, 2020, 03:42:36 PM »

You should be listening to those you elected, in your town, your State, as they will have the latest information regarding you and yours. President Trump and his Administration, the National Team led by Vice President Pence, coordinate with your Governor, your State, and the other 54 States, Territories, District(s) and lead the National Effort to resolve how we survive the pandemic, and how we manage our Nation going forward, so the Nation recovers, the Economy recovers, and your pension(s) get back on track, along with all Americans futures.

You are doing exactly the correct things, seems, in spite of your politics, as it should be. Thank you.

One president at a time joan?  I’d be happy to have a president leading.  But in the obvious absence of leadership, I’m glad the state governors including my own are providing leadership.  All the while a petulant narcissist in chief can’t think of anyone but himself.

Welcome to Donald Trump’s Easter celebration.

joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 322

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #6204 on: March 27, 2020, 03:48:23 PM »

CNN plans to broadcast a well rehearsed presentation tonight, I understand, with Primary Candidate Joe Biden presenting how he would handle a Pandemic, as if he were currently in charge of anything today.   

Donating an hour or more to one Democrat Primary Candidate. Am sure the Donation In Kind will be recorded at whatever an hour's worth of CNN advertising goes for today. Keep your eyes out for that...

Perhaps you will enjoy, and gain some new knowledge. Watch JoE, on CNN, as he imagines how as our President, he would perform... is that the right word...

Closest you can get to your goal of more than one leader at one time... I am sure his offering will be flawless, as always, and hope everyone watches.

Will expect a full report from you tomorrow, should you care to give it. TY
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 03:53:06 PM by joan1984 » Logged

Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 207

« Reply #6205 on: March 27, 2020, 05:42:13 PM »

What a relief it will be when President Biden is sworn in next January 2021.  He’s got a hell of a mess to clean up.
Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 636

« Reply #6206 on: March 27, 2020, 09:44:34 PM »

Our President is for ALL Americans, and for Aliens who reside in America, legal or otherwise.

Please tell Trump that.

joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 322

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #6207 on: March 27, 2020, 10:55:58 PM »

President Trump is showing his care for all Americans every day.
The outlets you choose to view, or believe, are skewing your view.

Our President is for ALL Americans, and for Aliens who reside in America, legal or otherwise.

Please tell Trump that.

Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 207

« Reply #6208 on: March 27, 2020, 11:04:13 PM »

President Trump is showing his care for all Americans every day.
The outlets you choose to view, or believe, are skewing your view.

Please tell Trump that.

He’s a mob boss that views The United States as territories and people either friendly or unfriendly to him.  After extorting Ukraine, he’s now extorting state governors, ‘They have to treat us well.’
Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 636

« Reply #6209 on: March 28, 2020, 03:01:02 AM »

Yep, Trump still needs to use the Defense Production Act and set production goals for makers of PPE. It is BULLSHIT that the states are bidding against each other for needed supplies.  Put the military logistics folks in charge to figure out where supplies are most urgently needed first, and make these supplies produced without profiteering. 

Currently states have to bid for products not only against other states, but against the Federal Government itself. This should not be.

Pages: 1 ... 409 410 411 412 413 [414]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: