KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: climate change thread  (Read 9256 times)
Athos_131
ΘΣ, Class of '92
Burnt at the stake

Fame 308

How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?

« Reply #270 on: June 18, 2019, 12:26:50 PM »

This Striking Climate Change Visualization Is Now Customizable for Any Place on Earth

#Resist

Stratton: "A hundred other guys out there like me - what are you going to do, change the world?"

B.J.: "No, just our little corner of it."

mash.fandom.com/wiki/Souvenirs_(TV_series_episode)
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 590

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #271 on: August 02, 2019, 01:09:39 PM »

July 2019 was the warmest month in recorded history.
Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 208

I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls

« Reply #272 on: August 16, 2019, 01:12:27 PM »

https://earther.gizmodo.com/a-weather-station-above-the-arctic-circle-hit-94-6-degr-1837274379

I’d consider emigrating to Greenland, but now I hear Trump wants to buy it.
joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 322

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #273 on: November 30, 2019, 09:40:27 PM »

Climate Collapse, Climate Chaos

Good brand names instill a clear message or even a direct call to action. Perhaps that's why climate change isn’t powerful enough: “Change” sounds so neutral. However, there’s nothing neutral about collapse or chaos. Both are states of events that you absolutely want to avoid. They ask each of us to do what it takes to avoid collapsing or descending into chaos. They both also use alliteration -- using the same letter or sound at the beginning of connected words -- a naming trick proven to enhance memorability.

https://adage.com/article/industry-insights/renaming-climate-change-can-new-name-finally-make-us-take-action/2218821

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much, but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 590

« Reply #274 on: November 30, 2019, 10:09:31 PM »

I don’t care what they call it, as long as they do something about it. Air quality has worsened under the Trump administration. The first time in many years. I know you hate yourself and hate everybody else, but is it too much to ask for some clean air to breathe, and a planet for my grandchildren?  
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 08:09:31 AM by ToeinH2O » Logged
Gunnerman19
Deviant

Fame -3

« Reply #275 on: December 01, 2019, 01:21:31 PM »

The climate changes all the time tho. As does the science. Science is an interpretation of data. The current models used are flawed in many was with lots of fill in information that doesn’t make them accurate.
That being said, I believe in being good stewards of the land. Unfortunately most of the people pushing the “save the earth” bit don’t make changes. Recycling is a fine thing and I take part in it because otherwise it’s wasted resources. Blaming President Trump seems ridiculous and miss placed. The blame belongs on every red blooded person on earth, if there is blame to be forced. Seems to me this is just another money making scheme much like the Al Gore era. I’ve even heard scientists suggesting metering methane expelled by cows and humans...come on.
I believe if Mother Earth wanted us off this ball, she’d give us the boot without notice. We have been living in a very calm period of existence and according to other scientists, we are headed out of that calm period. I tend to believe them because it doesn’t seem like we have to fill in the gaps with blame, and make believe causes. This ball has been spinning with life on it for quite a few years before us today and I don’t think we even have a choice on if it will continue...but it will. Unless we hit another planet or something anyway.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 01:24:34 PM by Gunnerman19 » Logged
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 590

« Reply #276 on: December 01, 2019, 03:36:59 PM »

The climate changes all the time tho.

Idiot.
joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 322

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #277 on: December 01, 2019, 04:26:04 PM »

Has YOUR air quality in TX worsened, Toe?
Wonder what is the cause, in just the past 36 months...

How does that demonstrate for you... do you need to wear a mask for breathing, like is the case in so many places in Asia, we see on the news...

I believe the US is one of the very few who fully meet the goals of the Paris Accord right now, or maybe exceed those goals, even as we will not be drawn into economic losses in our future, having withdrawn from the agreement. We continue to apply ourselves. Is air quality or pollution coming across from Mexico, to make your air less than it was last year, and the years prior?

Help me understand the air quality caused by Trump that YOU face.
Thank you.

I don’t care what they call it, as long as they do something about it. Air quality has worsened under the Trump administration. The first time in many years. I know you hate yourself and hate everybody else, but is it too much to ask for some clean air to breathe, and a planet for my grandchildren?  

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much, but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.
Gunnerman19
Deviant

Fame -3

« Reply #278 on: December 01, 2019, 07:48:06 PM »

Come on Toe...haha. Would you mind explaining why you think that sentence makes me an idiot? Doesn’t it change all the time? I would figure you would have a bigger issue with me saying the blame doesn’t belong on President Trump’s shoulders.
Despite the scary prophecy by Miley Cyrus, your grandchildren will have a beautiful earth to live on just as you have.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 08:03:52 PM by Gunnerman19 » Logged
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 590

« Reply #279 on: December 01, 2019, 08:02:33 PM »

I’m just triggering you.  Psi would post 170 times, but I don’t have the time or inclination.
Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 208

I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls

« Reply #280 on: December 01, 2019, 08:15:59 PM »

Weather changes all the time, not climate.  Willful idiots get that wrong all the time.
Gunnerman19
Deviant

Fame -3

« Reply #281 on: December 01, 2019, 08:16:29 PM »

Haha oh...are you triggering me or triggered by me?
Gunnerman19
Deviant

Fame -3

« Reply #282 on: December 01, 2019, 08:19:38 PM »

Weather does change all the time as does climate. Please explain how climate doesn’t change? Seems to me the earth has cycled from ice age and back quite a few times in its history.

It’s okay to have apposing viewpoints. If we want to get into a playful game of name calling as Psi and I did, I’m game for it haha. We should make another place for that tho. I think Joan (tho I don’t speak for her) and myself would like to know what your reasoning is for believing the way you do. Remember you commented on her post so are you both just trolling or actually want to express a differing viewpoint?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 08:31:33 PM by Gunnerman19 » Logged
Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 636

« Reply #283 on: December 01, 2019, 10:33:50 PM »

The last big climate change occurance was the ice age.  That was very long ago in tems of human life.  It occured before what we call human civilization, and it was not very good for humans.  Scientists theorize that civilization would have come about much earlier if not for the ice age.

There have also been past climates that were extremely warm.  One such period resulted in the Permian extinction, in which 90% of all life on the planet died.  It can be viewed as a worst case scenario.

In light of the disaterous effects climate change is likely to have for human life, if we could do something to stop it we should.  Think it costs to much?  In the short term maybe, but in the long term spending a lot now may have returns that are beyond money.  They may be human saving.

joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 322

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #284 on: December 01, 2019, 11:18:24 PM »

Did this thread change NAME?

When, Why, please advise.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: