KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

climate change thread

Lois · 14286

_priapism

Reply #260 on: August 02, 2019, 01:09:39 PM
July 2019 was the warmest month in recorded history.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #261 on: August 16, 2019, 01:12:27 PM
https://earther.gizmodo.com/a-weather-station-above-the-arctic-circle-hit-94-6-degr-1837274379

I’d consider emigrating to Greenland, but now I hear Trump wants to buy it.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +613/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #262 on: November 30, 2019, 09:40:27 PM
Climate Collapse, Climate Chaos

Good brand names instill a clear message or even a direct call to action. Perhaps that's why climate change isn’t powerful enough: “Change” sounds so neutral. However, there’s nothing neutral about collapse or chaos. Both are states of events that you absolutely want to avoid. They ask each of us to do what it takes to avoid collapsing or descending into chaos. They both also use alliteration -- using the same letter or sound at the beginning of connected words -- a naming trick proven to enhance memorability.

https://adage.com/article/industry-insights/renaming-climate-change-can-new-name-finally-make-us-take-action/2218821

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

_priapism

Reply #263 on: November 30, 2019, 10:09:31 PM
I don’t care what they call it, as long as they do something about it. Air quality has worsened under the Trump administration. The first time in many years. I know you hate yourself and hate everybody else, but is it too much to ask for some clean air to breathe, and a planet for my grandchildren?  
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 08:09:31 AM by ToeinH2O »

Offline Gunnerman19

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +11/-22
Reply #264 on: December 01, 2019, 01:21:31 PM
The climate changes all the time tho. As does the science. Science is an interpretation of data. The current models used are flawed in many was with lots of fill in information that doesn’t make them accurate.
That being said, I believe in being good stewards of the land. Unfortunately most of the people pushing the “save the earth” bit don’t make changes. Recycling is a fine thing and I take part in it because otherwise it’s wasted resources. Blaming President Trump seems ridiculous and miss placed. The blame belongs on every red blooded person on earth, if there is blame to be forced. Seems to me this is just another money making scheme much like the Al Gore era. I’ve even heard scientists suggesting metering methane expelled by cows and humans...come on.
I believe if Mother Earth wanted us off this ball, she’d give us the boot without notice. We have been living in a very calm period of existence and according to other scientists, we are headed out of that calm period. I tend to believe them because it doesn’t seem like we have to fill in the gaps with blame, and make believe causes. This ball has been spinning with life on it for quite a few years before us today and I don’t think we even have a choice on if it will continue...but it will. Unless we hit another planet or something anyway.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 01:24:34 PM by Gunnerman19 »

_priapism

Reply #265 on: December 01, 2019, 03:36:59 PM

The climate changes all the time tho.

Idiot.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #266 on: December 01, 2019, 04:26:04 PM
Has YOUR air quality in TX worsened, Toe?
Wonder what is the cause, in just the past 36 months...

How does that demonstrate for you... do you need to wear a mask for breathing, like is the case in so many places in Asia, we see on the news...

I believe the US is one of the very few who fully meet the goals of the Paris Accord right now, or maybe exceed those goals, even as we will not be drawn into economic losses in our future, having withdrawn from the agreement. We continue to apply ourselves. Is air quality or pollution coming across from Mexico, to make your air less than it was last year, and the years prior?

Help me understand the air quality caused by Trump that YOU face.
Thank you.

I don’t care what they call it, as long as they do something about it. Air quality has worsened under the Trump administration. The first time in many years. I know you hate yourself and hate everybody else, but is it too much to ask for some clean air to breathe, and a planet for my grandchildren?  

Offline Gunnerman19

• Deviant
Reply #267 on: December 01, 2019, 07:48:06 PM
Come on Toe...haha. Would you mind explaining why you think that sentence makes me an idiot? Doesn’t it change all the time? I would figure you would have a bigger issue with me saying the blame doesn’t belong on President Trump’s shoulders.
Despite the scary prophecy by Miley Cyrus, your grandchildren will have a beautiful earth to live on just as you have.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 08:03:52 PM by Gunnerman19 »

_priapism

Reply #268 on: December 01, 2019, 08:02:33 PM
I’m just triggering you.  Psi would post 170 times, but I don’t have the time or inclination.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #269 on: December 01, 2019, 08:15:59 PM
Weather changes all the time, not climate.  Willful idiots get that wrong all the time.

Offline Gunnerman19

• Deviant
Reply #270 on: December 01, 2019, 08:16:29 PM
Haha oh...are you triggering me or triggered by me?

Offline Gunnerman19

• Deviant
Reply #271 on: December 01, 2019, 08:19:38 PM
Weather does change all the time as does climate. Please explain how climate doesn’t change? Seems to me the earth has cycled from ice age and back quite a few times in its history.

It’s okay to have apposing viewpoints. If we want to get into a playful game of name calling as Psi and I did, I’m game for it haha. We should make another place for that tho. I think Joan (tho I don’t speak for her) and myself would like to know what your reasoning is for believing the way you do. Remember you commented on her post so are you both just trolling or actually want to express a differing viewpoint?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 08:31:33 PM by Gunnerman19 »

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #272 on: December 01, 2019, 10:33:50 PM
The last big climate change occurance was the ice age.  That was very long ago in tems of human life.  It occured before what we call human civilization, and it was not very good for humans.  Scientists theorize that civilization would have come about much earlier if not for the ice age.

There have also been past climates that were extremely warm.  One such period resulted in the Permian extinction, in which 90% of all life on the planet died.  It can be viewed as a worst case scenario.

In light of the disaterous effects climate change is likely to have for human life, if we could do something to stop it we should.  Think it costs to much?  In the short term maybe, but in the long term spending a lot now may have returns that are beyond money.  They may be human saving.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #273 on: December 01, 2019, 11:18:24 PM
Did this thread change NAME?

When, Why, please advise.

Offline Gunnerman19

• Deviant
Reply #274 on: December 01, 2019, 11:29:38 PM
I agree on the past historic changes of climate. On a smaller scale the little ice age came after a warming period as well. So if these changes happened in history multiple times they what would make you think that the current models are correct? Also what makes you believe that humans are to blame...if you believe that they are to blame, Lois.
As Joan said, the US is probly one of the only countries that meets or exceeds the goals of the Paris Accord right now. Not sure I can ever agree with the idea that we can stop the natural course of our planet. No matter how much money is thrown at fixing what may not need fixed. I don’t deny the climate is changing whatsoever.

Offline Gunnerman19

• Deviant
Reply #275 on: December 02, 2019, 06:08:18 AM
Now darn it Farmer Miles, I was hoping that Toe or Lois would have responded. Well written or typed rather. I enjoy your in-site and way of putting thought down on paper ( or computer).
Okay it would seem I can’t dispute most of what you have explained other than we are a natural part of this planet. We are a part of it. We didn’t come here from another planet with the potential of off setting the balance. We are part of the balance. Everything we are and do is a part of it. We are made here and die here. Seems simple doesn’t it. There is more scientific proof in the way our planet changes and renews itself, I think we can agree on that. So if these things are true and global warming is “man made” Because of emissions of green house gases during and since the industrial revolution then the problem is solely man kind. Also that would mean the problem is getting worse because there are more people on earth requiring more food, etc, etc . Are we really going to be throwing money at a problem that really would require only removing 3/4 of the human population because that is what would have to be done. Well who’s first? This is why people don’t stop driving and turning lights on. Without killing off most of the human race, the natural events are set and we are along for the ride. Other than finding another planet or killing billions of innocent people, which to me are both ridiculous than I see nothing we can do and no amount of money can change that. We need to accept that we are a natural part of this place we call home and enjoy it while we are here. I think it is more likely that an asteroid or commit takes us out before the side affects of natural global warmings and natural climate changes.
Climate change and global warming is nothing new. It is natural. Blaming Trump or corporations and other people along with trying to make people feel bad for something we have very little control over is ridiculous, tho effective when raising money. Especially when as a nation, the US is already doing it’s fair share and more.
What would you have done different during the industrial revolution? Since this seems to be what everyone agrees was the start. Did it seem like we did the best with what we had?
Are you willing to spend that money on the slaughter of so many innocent humans? No I don’t actually believe you would want this, just to be clear.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 07:41:58 AM by Gunnerman19 »

Offline Gunnerman19

• Deviant
Reply #276 on: December 02, 2019, 04:53:59 PM
Oh yes, I remember in the 1990s we were all supposed to burn up in a Terminator movie type fiery blaze because of global warming by like 2010. Here we are damn near 2020. Still can’t clean the air any better. Even solar technology really hasn’t advanced much more. You are worried about something that many scientist are predicting. They analyze info., interpret the data, creat a program with worst case scenario using the data. As far as us inventing stuff to make the earth better and help us to live long...come on. We have been playing around with “making the planet better” for a long time and really haven’t made anything better. Many times the things we think help actually cause harm.
Eggs were bad for you but now they are the “incredible edible egg”. Bacon has been bad for you but here they are changing that as well.
Well use the same tactics for asteroid and commit deflection as has been use with climate change, make it man kinds fault. Surely just the fact that we are here is fault enough isn’t it. Wouldn’t it be a mistake to spend all this money to prevent climate change but to have it all fucked up in one moment by a commit that ends up distorting humans?

Yes yes...damn corporations that brought us dawn soap that is used to clean oil from birds of oil spills. Damn the ones that make it easy to reach out and turn a light on or have hot water right now. Damn these same corporations for providing jobs to people. How dare they be so terrible. I bet each corporation is thinking their profit could be better if we could just finish off the damn human population.
Not imposing government regulations on corporations...are you kidding here??? I hope you are!
As for President Trump, admit it, you all have a hard on for him. I’d say don’t be so sensitive to what the guy says. We the people are still in charge. That’s why he’s president.

Lies...hmmm. Where’s your proof. Just saying they make baby Jesus cry is not proof of a lie. You said it yourself “the largest economy in the world” in reference to its leadership. I think if you dig down you will find it is not a lie. In fact we fund many things many of us believe we shouldn’t. Fact is the largest economy has been doing the most and including other nations and helping fund their same save the planet schemes for years and years. You may not want it to be so but a lie it is not.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 07:45:20 PM by Gunnerman19 »

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #277 on: December 02, 2019, 05:23:52 PM
Oh yes, I remember in the 1990s we were all supposed to burn up in a Terminator movie type fiery blaze because of global warming by like 2010.

Funny that you mention The Terminator, because nobody but Hollywood would have said 2010.

Here we are damn near 2020.

Yep, and things have accelerated worse than the predictions a decade or two ago.  A man made climate crisis isn’t on the horizon, it’s already here.

Offline Gunnerman19

• Deviant
Reply #278 on: December 02, 2019, 05:50:17 PM
Well Hollywood has fueled much of the fear of “man made” climate change. Pretty sure I’m not the only one to reference a movie on here. Wouldn’t be the first time Hollywood has helped to further a ridiculous idea.
Maybe you should just crawl in to a cave where you will be safe. Find an underground bunker and stay there. Here’s another movie for ya. Remember Blast From The Past? They thought a nuke was inbound so they spent like 20 years underground while everyone else was living and enjoying life. For the most part the man made climate change is only a scheme. Something will most likely take us out for sure. Our climate, disease, volcanos, earthquakes, commits, asteroids, Aliens (no not the ones from the south border), some black hole, etc, etc.

I’m not against treating our planet with respect. I’m all for using  resources wisely and with as little waste as possible. To blame people of the industrial revolution seem idiotic because of simple common sense. My parents and grandparents always used to tell me “if you Are leaving a room then make sure you shut off the lights. Sunday drives, we would pick up pop/beer cans along the rode side along with garbage. We would turn the cans in to help fund our summer vacations. My grandparents were some of the best recycler I knew. They didn’t waist anything it seemed. They walked to the store to friends house. I was told stories of how my great grand parent were as well and it was very similar with little waist. If it could be used again or repurposed it was. I’d be for betting that my family wasn’t the only family in the US or world that was that way.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 06:45:05 PM by Gunnerman19 »

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #279 on: December 18, 2019, 03:56:37 AM
Did this thread change NAME?

When, Why, please advise.

It was merged with an already existing climate change thread.