KB - a better class of pervert

News:

The Kristen Archives - ON HIATUS, sorry, no further info yet

SilverRiverdad · 59391

Offline bioman57

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +0/-0
Reply #40 on: April 20, 2017, 05:54:08 PM
Is the site ever going to start accepting stories again or is it over for the site. It has been months since a new story has been posted and while there are many stories to read, they need to stay fresh. Plus I have noticed the]at some areas of the site are not working either.  I am just looking of information and as yet have never seen any that says anything other than very clouded with no clear information.

KitKat

Reply #41 on: April 20, 2017, 07:12:08 PM
I have no idea when they will begin posting new stories again, but, if your looking for fresh new stories there are new stories posted here almost everyday.

http://www.kristensboard.com/forums/index.php?board=36.0

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1750/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #42 on: April 20, 2017, 07:50:39 PM
Discussion on this subject can be found here

http://www.kristensboard.com/forums/index.php?topic=28248.0

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline JulesVern

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +51/-0
Reply #43 on: April 20, 2017, 11:41:36 PM
That link simply takes you back to this thread...

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #44 on: April 21, 2017, 12:05:07 AM
That link simply takes you back to this thread...

Eeeeek!   It's an endless loop.  

It takes you to the original post of this topic that answers his question.   The posters original post has been replaced with a redirect to his post up above.    We get this question occasion and instead of having them spread all over the board, we just shuffle them all into the thread that answers their question.    

Are you as confused as I am now.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:08:57 AM by MintJulie »

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline JulesVern

• Total freak
Reply #45 on: April 21, 2017, 12:22:19 AM
At least as confused... :-p

I read the whole thread and I didn't really see much of an answer other than the moderator (or whatever) is unavailable. That has been the case for how long now? This thread is at least a year old and in the beginning said posting had been done for 6 months at that point. So he has been unavailable for 18 months now?

As some of the other posters have said, what can we do to help short of donating lots of money? I wouldn't mind donating a few hours a week accepting or denying story submissions if that's what it takes.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #46 on: April 21, 2017, 12:24:58 AM
It's owned by Mr Webber.   He frequents this board on occasion.   He doesn't seem interested in continuing the Archives.  It's his choice and his alone.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline GEMINIGUY

• "I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
  • GG
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +508/-59
Reply #47 on: April 21, 2017, 12:26:59 AM
No, Mr. Webber doesn't own Kristen's Archives, he's only the archivist. I used to stay in touch with him via email.
It seems something has happened to Mr. Webber, he hasn't been on here and has been unable to update the Archives. I've been assuming the worst...

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

Offline JulesVern

• Total freak
Reply #48 on: April 21, 2017, 12:28:53 AM
No doubt. But if he isn't interested in dealing with it anymore, I would hope he would be willing to pass it on to others. It seems to foolish to let something die simply because you are tired of it.

Offline JulesVern

• Total freak
Reply #49 on: April 21, 2017, 12:30:31 AM
That seems quite possible.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #50 on: April 21, 2017, 12:31:10 AM
It can't be as simple as that, or KA would have resolved the problem already.

Offline JulesVern

• Total freak
Reply #51 on: April 21, 2017, 12:35:54 AM
lol. I mean it seems quite possible that something has happened to him. As to adding an archivist, or new moderator, or whatever it would take, I have no idea how difficult or possible it might be.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #52 on: April 21, 2017, 02:40:15 AM
Yeah, messages got crossed back there. :P

Offline bioman57

• New Pervert
Well, if hen is no longer interested in continuing the site has he explored the thought off selling then site to someone else.. Just a question and no I do not have the funds to do something like that I am just curious, as I think maybe there are some out there that would be willing and able to see the site continue..

Offline redneckbubba

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +2/-0
Reply #54 on: August 24, 2018, 02:55:08 PM
KB hasn't "dropped the ball", because we writers can post our stories ourselves.
You still don't seem to get it or appreciate the situation. The people that run KA ARE DOING YOU A FAVOR. SO SOME THANKFULNESS. They have their own jobs, families, lives. They keep KA running ON THEIR SPARE TIME, not on YOUR TIME. They're not sitting there 24/7 as your personal slave. They may only have a few minutes a day. Get over yourself. Or volunteer to do Mr. Webber's job.

Couldn't have said it better myself GG. Although I am not happy with the situation with KA I do understand that "VOLUNTEERS" do have a life and family that should come first.  I still have the KA as one of my favorites and will continue to have it until it is no longer available. For those of you that want to read stories posted there, they have several thousand stories still available for your enjoyment.  :sign_quitebegging: and let the ones actually enjoying the stories that were posted enjoy them. Have some respect for those that take time away from their family to update KA and KB for doing things most of you would not.

Offline RizMahTiz

• New Pervert
Reply #55 on: September 14, 2018, 10:59:40 PM
It seems like the archives are up and running.  But what isn't running is the ASSTR search engine.  Whenever I try to search for something I get the following error message:

The search server is currently unavailable, but should automatically restart in about 60 seconds.

_priapism

Reply #56 on: September 15, 2018, 03:03:09 AM
It seems like the archives are up and running.  But what isn't running is the ASSTR search engine.  Whenever I try to search for something I get the following error message:

The search server is currently unavailable, but should automatically restart in about 60 seconds.

Just use Google search, I have for years.  The archives have been bot crawled.  Type your terms, then site : asstr.org.  It will pull up any relevant hits.

Offline herschel

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +222/-1
Reply #57 on: September 15, 2018, 04:57:43 PM
Many many thanks for this tip, Merv! I tried it on Phil Phantom's See No Evil, and it worked like a charm. I googled <sne site: asstr.org> and it went right to the Eli the Bearded Collection, which seems to have the full (very long) series. Not only that, the story contains a bunch of live links to other parts of the series.

Offline Levorotatory

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +19/-0
Reply #58 on: September 19, 2018, 06:59:56 PM
Unfortunately Google and other general search engines have some limitations when searching by genre.  Being case-insensitive, they can't distinguish between the mf, mF, Mf, and MF codes.

Offline Merc

• Not Yet A Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +1/-0
Reply #59 on: September 25, 2018, 03:33:24 AM
Not sure if this is the place for it but I've been looking for answers on other parts of the website and can't seem to find them so hopefully I can get an answer here. While looking through the stories I found that a few are aimed towards a more illegal aspect, younger kids, murder and whatnot. I'm just wondering from a legal stand point how is that? Is it illegal if we read those? I'm from Scotland myself, and I've tried looking online to get a proper answer but I can't seem to find it. Would be great if someone could fill me in on it, are there stories I should avoid all together or perhaps just stay away from the ones that are illegal?