News:

Does size matter? New study provides insight into women’s preferences

watcher1 · 167

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1575/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
What factors influence the popularity of sex toys, specifically those designed for vaginal insertion? A study published in The Journal of Sex Research delved into this question, revealing that women’s preferences might not align with common assumptions.

The research was conducted by analyzing data from Lovehoney, the United Kingdom’s largest online sex toy retailer. The study focused on a sample of 265 phallic-shaped products, assessing various characteristics such as size, material, presence of realistic features (like veins or a skin-like texture), and whether the toy included a vibrating function.

These products were evaluated using detailed onsite specifications, customer reviews, and visual assessments from product photographs, aiming to understand which features aligned with higher popularity and consumer preference.

The analysis found that the most popular products among the sample had an average circumference of 4.85 inches, which is slightly above the average erect penis circumference but still within what might be considered a moderate size range.

This preference suggests that consumers prioritize comfort and usability over the novelty of larger sizes. It indicates a practical approach to sex toy use, where the physical experience of using the toy is more important than the visual appeal of larger dimensions.

The finding that smaller circumferences were preferred challenges the notion that bigger is inherently better, highlighting a preference for sizes that perhaps better align with the natural anatomy and personal comfort levels of the user base.

Regarding length, the study found that the insertable length of the toys in the sample was significantly larger than the average human erect penis length, with an average of 7.07 inches. However, insertable length was not a significant predictor of a toy’s popularity.

This suggests that while the products available on the market often exceed average penis sizes in terms of length, this characteristic does not necessarily influence consumer preferences. Consumers may not prioritize length as a deciding factor in their purchases, possibly due to the understanding that the full length of a toy does not need to be utilized during use.

Apart from the presence of veins, other realistic characteristics such as the color, the researchers found that the presence of a scrotum, and the detailing of a glans or coronal ridge did not significantly influence a toy’s popularity.

Contrary to expectations, the addition of vibration did not predict a toy’s popularity. This result is surprising given the widespread acknowledgment of the benefits of vibration for women’s sexual pleasure. It suggests that consumers may distinguish between the purposes of different types of toys.

However, the study also notes several caveats and areas for further inquiry. Despite the careful analysis, the research primarily reflects the preferences of British consumers due to the geographic focus on a UK-based retailer.

Additionally, the study acknowledges potential limitations in accurately comparing toy sizes to real human anatomy and suggests that future research could benefit from a broader data set from multiple retailers and regions to gain a more comprehensive understanding of global consumer preferences.

The study, “What Drives Sex Toy Popularity? A Morphological Examination of Vaginally-Insertable Products Sold by the World’s Largest Sexual Wellness Company,” was authored by Sarah E. Johns and Nerys Bushnell.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Clitical Thinking

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +431/-17
I always assumed "average" was "average" for a reason. If outright size were really that important, then evolution would've ensured our "average" would be much bigger than it is

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2841/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Men care more about size than we do. Be a good man, and be a good lover, and we will be happy with whatever you've got going on down below.

I've had Big Ben's and smaller than most, and so far the single best sex I've had, meaning the one experience my mind goes to when somebody asks me me best experience, was a one night stand with a guy who was slightly overweight, and had what I would say was an average dick. He had good stamina and a knack for keeping a good rhythm going. He found what was hitting me good and kept at it. Guess you could say that the motion of the ocean working.

Offline Dirtymind

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +128/-1
Who wouldn't want to be able to pick up peanuts from the floor?  ;D

I was young when I started. For me, I learned to listen well, and communicate in the bedroom.

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +231/-2
I'm not huge. I'm very average in size. Although there was that one lass who was trying to embarrass me in front of a lot of friends once said a guy needed 8 inches to please her. Then she turned to me and asked if I could give her 8 inches. My response was "only if I folded it in three."  That shut her up really quick.  ;D

I have learned over the years that if I do what Mrs JBRG wants (and she does a great job of guiding me), she will cum hard. I try to ensure she cums before I do. It doesn't always happen that way but I try.

That is all.