KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - It's Cheaper Than Therapy

What did you learn today

MintJulie · 22011

Offline staci

• Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +1113/-75
Reply #1650 on: January 05, 2021, 12:10:28 AM
lol. Wait until you find the Candid Teens thread.

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +436/-1
Reply #1651 on: January 05, 2021, 06:48:23 PM

Or get invited to serve drinks to the hot tub denizens

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +341/-1
  • As far as I know, I'm freaking delightful
Reply #1652 on: January 05, 2021, 06:56:25 PM

Or get invited to serve drinks to the hot tub denizens

It isnt that bad now, everybody seems to be wanted to get into the bomb shelter.

I learned that today is national bird day.  I immediately thought of our resident bird photographer

"I'm a hazard to my health, don't let me get me"

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +2341/-31
Reply #1653 on: January 05, 2021, 07:49:21 PM

Here's what I learned today:

There's a direct connection between Santa Claus and hookers.

No, Santa and his wife are still happily married, and, despite their ages, their sex life remains robust and vibrant. The old guy has not need to use the service of hookers himself.

However, Saint Nicholas, an actual historical figure who served as a bishop in a city in Turkey in the early 4th century, was the historical model for the figure of Santa Claus (and you don't have to know a word of Greek to see how the name "Santa Claus" derives from Saint Nicholas).

Here's what happened:

St. Nicholas was bishop of a city in Asia Minor -- modern-day Turkey -- on the Mediterranean coast. In that city there was a pious widower who had unmarried young daughters. He was a poor man, his poverty precluded him from providing his daughters with wedding dowries, and he feared that their not being able to marry would condemn them to a life of prostitution. St. Nicholas, realizing the young women’s plight, came to the family’s home on three consecutive nights, each time bearing a bag full of gifts for each of the daughters. The gifts provided them with their needed dowries, and they all happily married.

Today, the Catholic Church considers St. Nicholas to be the Patron Saint of Prostitutes. So, the next time you’re at a Christmas party and went to spark a lively conversation, mention the connection between Santa and prostitutes. You should get some lively responses!

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +341/-1
Reply #1654 on: January 05, 2021, 07:57:38 PM
Every time I talk about this, the "Ho Ho Ho" thing always comes up.

A little more on that story.  St. Nicholas would drop the coins into the shoes or stockings of the daughters.  The father wanting to know who was leaving the coin stayed up and waited.  St. Nicholas finding the father awake, decide to drop the coin through the chimney of the house...

This could just be an addon to the story to explain why santa uses a chimney and fireplace.

He also the patron saint of postal workers and wolves...

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +2341/-31
Reply #1655 on: January 05, 2021, 08:08:57 PM

A little more on that story.  St. Nicholas would drop the coins into the shoes or stockings of the daughters.  The father wanting to know who was leaving the coin stayed up and waited.  St. Nicholas finding the father awake, decide to drop the coin through the chimney of the house...

That makes sense. When we were kids, we celebrated the Austrian custom of leaving your shoes out on the eve of the feast of St. Nicholas (December 6th), and in the morning, they would be filled with little goodies.

On a total tangent, here's why I love KB: I still haven't calmed down from reading the highly erotically charged story that Jules just re-posted, and here I am talking about Austrian religious customs.

Whew!

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Hood

• Pervert
    • Fame +9/-0
Reply #1656 on: January 05, 2021, 08:14:01 PM
MissBarbara, thanks for that tidbit of information.

Offline MintJulie

• Global Moderator Version Number 9.7.1 POY 2016
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +809/-4
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #1657 on: January 05, 2021, 08:21:47 PM

On a total tangent, here's why I love KB: I still haven't calmed down from reading the highly erotically charged story that Jules just re-posted, and here I am talking about Austrian religious customs.

Whew!

I should write about the dream I had the other night.   Still thinking about it days later I think, "Whew!"

I'm not a fiction writer, but it was so vivid.  Maybe I'll take the plunge into fictional fantasy.

I think you might like it.  Story codes would be F,F

“There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is.”

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +960/-52
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1658 on: January 05, 2021, 08:47:34 PM

I learned that today is national bird day.  I immediately thought of our resident bird photographer

Not me?  8)

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +341/-1
Reply #1659 on: January 05, 2021, 08:51:01 PM

Not me?  8)

Not with that avatar.  :emot_laughing:

The santa/prostitute talk was making me think of you in those tight little undies and dance moves  Watcher the gigilo eagle
 :emot_laughing:

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +960/-52
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1660 on: January 05, 2021, 08:56:49 PM

Not me?  8)

Not with that avatar.  :emot_laughing:

The santa/prostitute talk was making me think of you in those tight little undies and dance moves  Watcher the gigilo eagle
 :emot_laughing:

First time I ever saw gigilo and Watcher linked together. Would you prefer I do the dance moves without those tighty whities?  WOO for making me laugh.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +960/-52
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1661 on: January 09, 2021, 04:18:33 PM
That the toxic ingredient found in Teflon can be found in almost every living creature, man or animal. Though in supposedly safe numbers, since the EPA has pretty much left the regulation of these chemicals to the Chemical companies, higher levels are found in chemical workers and people living around chemical plants.