KB - a better class of pervert

News:

What RUINED your day today?

MintJulie · 219566

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #2420 on: June 15, 2019, 04:07:19 PM
A lot of runners I know eventually switch to bicycling because running puts three times the force on your knees that walking does.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1761/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #2421 on: June 15, 2019, 06:08:26 PM

And since the post above, my husband and I started out on a 5 mile run.   One mile in, something in my right calf started tightening up.   Walked back home.  Light stretching and it is resting on a bag of frozen pees.    

The sun is behind cloud cover.   High 50's.  Cool breeze.  Everything was so perfect for a run this morning.   And then the calf thing happened.  :(

While I suspect you meant frozen peas and not frozen pee (which would be kinda gross), I have to ice my knee every time I go on a longer run, and I always use a bag of frozen vegetables.

Pees  :facepalm:

Peas, yes!

A lot of runners I know eventually switch to bicycling because running puts three times the force on your knees that walking does.

Winter and rainy days is the elliptical machine while I Netflix.    MUCH easier on the knees.   I hate my bike.   I might have to get a new one.   It's a mountain bike and I'm leaning over the handle bars too much.  My palms and wrist just kill by the end of a ride.

Thank you, CG

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #2422 on: June 15, 2019, 08:04:18 PM

DIY flexible cold pack:

1 heavy-duty "freezer" Ziplock bag
4 parts water
1 part isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol

Toss it in the freezer, and it won't freeze into a brick.  You can adjust the water/IPA ratio to make it more or less flexible: more IPA = more flexible.  It conforms better to irregular surfaces like joints, and transfers heat more quickly.  I always have 4 or 5 of 'em in the freezer.  It's cold as ice, so don't put it directly on the skin; use a thin towel like a dish towel to protect the skin.

edit: I generally make mine at a 6:1 water:IPA ratio; it's about like a thick slushy.

Mom (the RN) knew all the good tricks.  :D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 03:33:40 AM by RopeFiend »

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #2423 on: June 16, 2019, 02:30:15 AM
_
sorry, mistake
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 02:35:05 AM by MintJulie »

Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #2424 on: June 16, 2019, 02:34:43 AM
Get some ice on that knee and elevate it.  Take some ibuprofen.  I told Dan to give it a kiss for me. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 02:46:10 AM by ToeinH20 »

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #2425 on: June 16, 2019, 10:26:19 AM
Found out a person I know died.  We wern't especially close, but I am still deeply saddened.

Remington555

Reply #2426 on: June 16, 2019, 12:26:47 PM
Found out a person I know died.  We wern't especially close, but I am still deeply saddened.

That's understandable Lois. I was saddened (and shocked) when a sales guy I'd only met twice died unexpectedly. He was 22 and I was a couple years older.

Remmy

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #2427 on: June 16, 2019, 03:17:40 PM

Sorry to hear Lois and Remmy.
It's always sad, even if it is just someone you've met in passing.

We went to a party yesterday and some friends were there.  They informed us they are moving to Nashville.  They're just sick of the Michigan winters.   The kids are out of school.  They just want a change.  The both work online, so it's not a change of employment.   So that's sad.   BUT, we now have a place to stay if we're ever in the Nashville area.
We promised to visit next summer and they can be our tour guides.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2428 on: June 16, 2019, 05:28:28 PM
Headache.

Remington555

Reply #2429 on: June 17, 2019, 12:37:27 PM
Headache.

My wife has a lot of those.  :(

Remmy

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2430 on: June 19, 2019, 02:23:55 AM
5 more days till I can have sex again.  :P

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2431 on: June 20, 2019, 02:20:10 AM
Long talk with my daughters dad and his wife. They want to take her on their camping trip in a couple weeks in time for the 4th. Their kid is "miserable" without big sister Kimmy.

I want Kimmy home too. I don't really want you taking her away from me again so soon.  :roll:

I told them I'd let her decide. If she wants to go, she's welcome to go. But if not, then... not.

_priapism

Reply #2432 on: June 20, 2019, 02:58:25 AM
Long talk with my daughters dad and his wife. They want to take her on their camping trip in a couple weeks in time for the 4th. Their kid is "miserable" without big sister Kimmy.

I want Kimmy home too. I don't really want you taking her away from me again so soon.  :roll:

I told them I'd let her decide. If she wants to go, she's welcome to go. But if not, then... not.

I have a rather comprehensive possession order, as do most states.

My ex constantly wants to renegotiate possession and visitation.  I finally told her, “look, this is why we have an order.  No ambiguities.  No uncertainty.  No last minute changes.  If you can’t live with the order, then move to modify.  Otherwise we will see you on 1st, 3rd, and 5th weekends.”  She still has her flare ups, but for the most part, has been compliant.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #2433 on: June 20, 2019, 03:03:06 AM
I am so happy that we don't have that problem with the girls.  The oldest is 21 and gets to decide herself.  Mom & Dad pretty much leave it up to the little one.   She leans more towards mom though, because her mom is lonely.   Well, mom says she is lonely.  Mom plays on her feelings if you ask me.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2434 on: June 20, 2019, 03:14:32 AM
We don't have any legal arrangement. We just agree to share now. It's her decision whether or not to do something with them, not either of ours.

They get this is her home and shuffling her around is wrong. But like her dads wife said "We're as in love with her as you are".

_priapism

Reply #2435 on: June 20, 2019, 03:30:03 AM
Well I hate to see the kids feel they have responsibility in the decision making process or the parents hurt feelings.  My ex threatened to commit suicide, and my youngest said, “Look dad, you know I want to live with you, but I think she’s going to do something crazy.  Give me one year.  I promise I will come back.”  One year turned into three, but he did come back.

The other issue, from a legal standpoint, is what do you do when they get on a plane with your child and disappear?  The Uniform Child Custody Act is valid and enforceable in all 50 states, but you need an order.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2436 on: June 20, 2019, 04:29:46 AM
There is such a thing as trust ya know.  ;D

_priapism

Reply #2437 on: June 20, 2019, 05:11:00 AM
There is such a thing as trust ya know.  ;D

Not in the legal arena.   :emot_laughing:

wayne3218

Reply #2438 on: June 20, 2019, 10:22:40 AM
After reading KitKats stories how much I miss her being here on KB

Offline herschel

• Freakishly Strange