MintJulie · 217255

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2660 on: August 02, 2019, 03:59:21 AM
The seven: Can we get a beagle?

Me: No.

The seven: Why?

Me: We have a dog, you know that.

The seven: Always room for more.

Me: There are 15 Humans, 1 dog, 1 cat, fish and a hamster in this house.

The seven: So?

Me: So it's already a zoo.

The seven: What if I ask grandma?

Me: What if I reminded you school starts up again very soon and you don't have time for another dog?

Complete silence.

I'm tired of denying her requests for more wildlife.  :roll:

ChirpingGirl

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1750/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #2662 on: August 05, 2019, 09:06:45 PM

I was off work on Thurs & Fri as I mentioned.
While I was gone, someone put a banana peel in my garbage in my office.   Thinking I was gone, the girl that empties the office garbage cans every night, didn't come into my office to empty mine. 
So, I come into work today and have been battling fruit flies all day. 
So, I'm in a mood from shooing pesky little flies away.  grrr

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Online msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1308/-3
Reply #2663 on: August 05, 2019, 09:25:04 PM
But Jules... aren't they God's creatures too.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

psiberzerker

Reply #2664 on: August 05, 2019, 09:28:18 PM
But Jules... aren't they God's creatures too?

Like all God's creatures, they can get annoying, and they will die. 

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1750/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #2665 on: August 05, 2019, 09:43:10 PM
But Jules... aren't they God's creatures too.

SOB's are dying over here.

I have a trap set for tonight.    2 liter cut in half.   The bottom half has a half inch of soda in it.   The top half is turned upside down into the bottom half.   

There will be no more fff (F'n Fruit Flies) in the morning.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2666 on: August 05, 2019, 10:34:50 PM
I miss wifey and her daughter.  :roll:

Offline Army of One

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +192/-2
Reply #2667 on: August 06, 2019, 12:06:05 AM
Trip?

Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

_priapism

Reply #2668 on: August 06, 2019, 12:14:04 AM
New month, end of summer approaching, so all the clients are calling wanting updates, wanting estimates, wanting to be my only client, but not wanting to be billed anything for it.   :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2669 on: August 06, 2019, 01:09:53 AM
Trip?

To Japan for a week visiting family.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2670 on: August 06, 2019, 05:28:17 AM
Wifey #2 and her wheelchair are upstairs for the week which means CJ's bed ain't gonna be empty.  ;D She was watching Twister and it came to the steak and eggs scene and despite how delicious she looks and how much I can't wait to snack on her, I really want steak and mashed potatoes and gravy right now for some reason.  :roll:

I haven't been eating much recently.  :roll: Everyone's been concerned.

wayne3218

Reply #2671 on: August 06, 2019, 09:40:55 AM
Passing on a sad bit of news, I think this topic is the best place to post it....

I've been on vacation the last 5-ish days, checking in occasionally.  While I was gone, I received a PM from Remmy.  He has decided to leave us.  I enjoyed his time here.

Coming on KB and finding out that Remington555 has left KB.

Offline herschel

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +222/-1
Reply #2672 on: August 06, 2019, 01:02:22 PM
Remington555 has left KB

Yeah, that is sad to see. He was a major bright spot.

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1585/-3
Reply #2673 on: August 06, 2019, 01:47:31 PM
Passing on a sad bit of news, I think this topic is the best place to post it....

I've been on vacation the last 5-ish days, checking in occasionally.  While I was gone, I received a PM from Remmy.  He has decided to leave us.  I enjoyed his time here.

Coming on KB and finding out that Remington555 has left KB.

Me too.  I took great delight from his varied tag-lines :(

« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 05:05:21 PM by ObiDongKenobi »

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1585/-3
Reply #2674 on: August 06, 2019, 01:51:07 PM
Burn in hell, bitch.  :facepalm:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/louise-porton-jail-life-murder-daughters-110802813.html

Totally agree - and she should be joined by this one

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-49245646

Are we reaching the end of civilization as we know it?

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about

psiberzerker

Reply #2675 on: August 06, 2019, 01:53:30 PM
I doubt that we ever truly knew Civilization.  We just believed we did.

_priapism

Reply #2676 on: August 06, 2019, 03:01:07 PM
I doubt that we ever truly knew Civilization.  We just believed we did.

Eighty years ago, Europe and Asia were in flames.  People were herded into death camps, prisoner of war camps, interment centers... Hitler was polishing his final solution.

I think after WWII there was an aftershock period of peace, where survivors of that war vowed “never again.”  Those witnesses are gone, and the forces of evil are rewriting history for a public too placated, or stupid, to notice or care.

I blame the mass violence in the West today, in part, on the Internet, which has promulgated a lot of dark energy and stimulated a lot of people who don’t need to be stimulated.  Then you have that lunatic in the White House stirring the pot...

psiberzerker

Reply #2677 on: August 06, 2019, 03:11:02 PM
Those witnesses are gone, and the forces of evil are rewriting history for a public too placated, or stupid, to notice or care.

Right, this is pretty much what I was talking about.  History is written by the victors, and focuses on the Triumphs (Not the concentration camps for Japanese American immigrants.)  That was the past, decades ago.  So, if you're willing to take the time, and have the right sources, you can eventually get a pretty good picture of what happened in World War II.

Today, we have a filter for what's happening in the present, though it's actually delayed by hours or days.  We're discovering facts about the El-Passo terror attack, as they're presented to us, while the Dayton shooter was planning his attack.

We have no idea who's planning what, and where now.  It's possible that there was already another shooting this morning, and we haven't heard about it yet.

I blame the mass violence in the West today, in part, on the Internet, which has promulgated a lot of dark energy and stimulated a lot of people who don’t need to be stimulated.

However, the internet (Blaming the internet, on the internet, for deseminating hatred on a former child erotica site) is also our most up-to-date source for what's happening now.  Our most accessible resource for learning History, and also loooking up plans for How 2 make a Pipe Bomb.  How to get to the closest primary schools, it's schedules, when they'll all be gathered in the yard for Track, and Field Day, and what the weather forecast will be.

The Internet is the messenger.  Ultimately, spree shooters cause mass shootings.  Again, we don't know what's going on, any more than we truly understand what happened in Europe, and the east coast of Asia in the late 30s.

We just like to think that we do.  Of course, that's just my opinion.  I could be wrong.

_priapism

Reply #2678 on: August 06, 2019, 03:26:55 PM

The Internet is the messenger.  Ultimately, spree shooters cause mass shootings.  Again, we don't know what's going on, any more than we truly understand what happened in Europe, and the east coast of Asia in the late 30s.

We just like to think that we do.  Of course, that's just my opinion.  I could be wrong.

You could also say guns don’t kill people.  But that is false logic, in my opinion.

When you give everyone a soap box to reach millions, you also provide instant networking for the most dangerous types.  No way to put the genie back in the bottle, but expect mass shootings daily, streamed live with Go Pro.  It’s already happening.  It will get worse.

psiberzerker

Reply #2679 on: August 06, 2019, 03:43:39 PM
You could also say guns don’t kill people.

But I didn't.  I don't believe that, but the media, including movies, video games, and the internet don't seem to cause Violence.  I believe they help violent people decide what Kind of violence.  It's Gun Violence, so one side wants to blame the guns, the other side (who're lobbied by the NRA, and manufacturers) want to point the finger away from the murder weapon, and in some ways they're closer to the truth.  (As I see it.)

Because they point to other factorS, plural.  The weapon is a factor, and so is the scene of a crime.  Narrow the focus to School Shootings, and the selection of which school, which day, which direction they chose to assault it from are as much the ISD's fault as Armalite is responsible for making assault rifles for the Military.  

That's why we can't truly understand all of what's going on, at any given time (The present is the hardest, because it's in realtime)  We don't know all the factors, and the mind naturally focuses on the factor it finds most significant in the moment.  If there were another fireteam shooting like Columbine today, the public image of the Spree Shooter, the lone gunman might make you miss the other shooters elsewhere in the building.  The incendiaries on the doors, because we're focused on the shooter in front of us, or chasing us down the halls in the moment.  There's no telling whether he was inspired by recent events, or his friends were inspired by the "Trenchcoat Mafia."

When you give everyone a soap box to reach millions, you also provide instant networking for the most dangerous types.

When you ban something, anything because of the worst examples, you deny everyone rights.  In this case, the unprecedented right for people all over the world to express ourselves all over the world, almost instantly.  If the Internet is to blame, then what would be the obvious solution, banning the Internet?  If we blame the Media, then what's the ultimate solution, suppressing the Media?

People are already talking about such things, in the media, and on the internet.  In fact, we're doing so right now.  If it's a sword, you have to admit that it's double-edged.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 08:50:03 PM by psiberzerker »