KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 ... 237   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What RUINED your day today?  (Read 58163 times)
Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 257

I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls

« Reply #3435 on: June 19, 2020, 01:27:05 PM »

Using a mandoline slicer to make shoestring potatoes, and cutting the tip of my middle finger off.  My “fuck you” finger.  Well fuck me, that’s going to leave a mark, LOL.

I’ve done that twice, but with a Chef’s knife.  The first time fine slicing shallots for a Béarnaise sauce.  I don’t recall what I was cutting the second time, except my finger tip.  I went to the hospital the first time, the second I took care of myself.  So the index and middle fingers of my left hand got scars on the tip.

It’s remarkable what grows back from doing that.  It’s scary, annoying as shit, but less severe than it seems at first.

I never did find the tip in that pile of sliced shallots.  Just a little fleshy ‘lentil’ for flavor.
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 831

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #3436 on: June 19, 2020, 03:41:06 PM »

Using a mandoline slicer to make shoestring potatoes, and cutting the tip of my middle finger off.  My “fuck you” finger.  Well fuck me, that’s going to leave a mark, LOL.

I didn't lose any part of my fingers but I did end up having 150 stitches in the four fingers of my left hand when a board I was beginning to plane kicked back and as I went to grab it my fingers and the spinning blade met. The doctor did a very good job of sewing the skin of my fingers back together. One can hardly see the scars but the fingers are sensitive to hot and cold more so then the fingers on my right hand.

A naughty thought is a terrible thing to waste
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 831

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #3437 on: June 19, 2020, 03:43:23 PM »

It turns out they were drinking a very hard to find bottle of George T Stagg and a very high proof of 131.     It cost me $180.  And they drank 3/4 of it.  Sad   

Watcher figures out how many cases of cabernet he could buy for $180. A few at least.  Grin

ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 687

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #3438 on: June 19, 2020, 05:00:09 PM »

I didn't lose any part of my fingers but I did end up having 150 stitches in the four fingers of my left hand when a board I was beginning to plane kicked back and as I went to grab it my fingers and the spinning blade met. The doctor did a very good job of sewing the skin of my fingers back together. One can hardly see the scars but the fingers are sensitive to hot and cold more so then the fingers on my right hand.

I used to jam a wedge in the blade guard of my circular saw.  Until I watched a friend cut off his finger with one.  Glad you had a good doctor.  We picked up my friend’s finger, and took it to the ER.  They reattached it, but complications ultimately led to a second amputation. That one at least had anesthesia.
Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 257

« Reply #3439 on: June 19, 2020, 05:12:48 PM »

It turns out they were drinking a very hard to find bottle of George T Stagg and a very high proof of 131.     It cost me $180.  And they drank 3/4 of it.  Sad  

Watcher figures out how many cases of cabernet he could buy for $180. A few at least.  Grin

A few cases?  Let’s say ‘a few’ is defined by 3 or more, so at 12 bottles a case that comes to $5 dollar bottles of wine (or less).

I’d stick with one case of Cabernet Sauvignon for $180, and hopefully it will be a fine vintage at $15 a bottle.  For Cabernet Sauvignon I typically buy in the $15-$25 range unless it’s a special event.  I buy by the case, and get 15% off.
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 831

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #3440 on: June 19, 2020, 05:20:32 PM »

It turns out they were drinking a very hard to find bottle of George T Stagg and a very high proof of 131.     It cost me $180.  And they drank 3/4 of it.  Sad  

Watcher figures out how many cases of cabernet he could buy for $180. A few at least.  Grin

A few cases?  Let’s say ‘a few’ is defined by 3 or more, so at 12 bottles a case that comes to $5 dollar bottles of wine (or less).

I’d stick with one case of Cabernet Sauvignon for $180, and hopefully it will be a fine vintage at $15 a bottle.  For Cabernet Sauvignon I typically buy in the $15-$25 range unless it’s a special event.  I buy by the case, and get 15% off.

I buy the 1.5L sizes so 6 to a case. With 10% discount comes to something like $55 a case. For special occasions I will buy the .750L in the $20 range.  Not too many people can tell the difference except when you go into the high priced wines.

Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 257

« Reply #3441 on: June 19, 2020, 05:49:16 PM »

I buy the 1.5L sizes so 6 to a case. With 10% discount comes to something like $55 a case. For special occasions I will buy the .750L in the $20 range.  Not too many people can tell the difference except when you go into the high priced wines.

Concha y Toro?

I used to buy that size during my first marriage.  Now it’s the regular size bottle, and we finish around the time dinner ends too.
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 831

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #3442 on: June 19, 2020, 07:17:57 PM »

Concha y Toro?

I used to buy that size during my first marriage.  Now it’s the regular size bottle, and we finish around the time dinner ends too.

Woodbridge by Mondavi. Will buy his private stock on special occasions. Visited their winery up in Lodi, CA. Huge place.

Concha y Toro and some Australian wines I have tried and liked.

ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 687

« Reply #3443 on: June 19, 2020, 07:32:59 PM »

Concha y Toro?

Woodbridge by Mondavi. Will buy his private stock on special occasions. Visited their winery up in Lodi, CA. Huge place.

Concha y Toro and some Australian wines I have tried and liked.

For the cognoscenti...

ChirpingGirl
Burnt at the stake

Fame 442

« Reply #3444 on: June 22, 2020, 08:21:25 PM »

Seriously considering moving the tribe somewhere where it's cold 24/7. This heat is unbearable. Spending a damn fortune on central air.  facepalm

What in cousin-fuckin’ tarnation Alabama Betty Crocker Miss fuckin' Betty White shit is this?
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 831

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #3445 on: June 22, 2020, 08:24:15 PM »

Seriously considering moving the tribe somewhere where it's cold 24/7. This heat is unbearable. Spending a damn fortune on central air.  facepalm

Even in Antarctica it is getting warmer.  Cool Cool

ChirpingGirl
Burnt at the stake

Fame 442

« Reply #3446 on: June 22, 2020, 08:26:23 PM »

Roll Eyes

What in cousin-fuckin’ tarnation Alabama Betty Crocker Miss fuckin' Betty White shit is this?
Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 257

« Reply #3447 on: June 22, 2020, 09:30:20 PM »

So yesterday I received a group text about a death and funeral occurring in the town I live in.  I did not recognize the numbers, no names including of the deceased were mentioned, just a link to a local funeral home.  So very worried I began going through the pages of obituaries from the funeral home.  After looking for a while and thinking on if I knew one of these people by a nickname instead of the name on the website, I finally figured out it was a mistake.

Knowing they thought they contacted someone they did not, I texted that I received this as a mistake adding that I was sorry for their loss.  This started a flurry of texts from people just plan not getting it.  One person texted me privately saying it was no mistake, he was dead (still didn’t know who died).  Another of the group text asked me how could I say it was a mistake because it was my cousin!  People began adding their names and asking my name (which I wasn’t about to give).  Someone added the deceased’s name, so I again told them it was a mistake, and I didn’t know any of their names including the deceased.  One seemed to get it and tried to explain to the others, but there were people calling me Kristie in the group text and arguing with each other saying the number was correct.

I finally had enough and blocked all 7 numbers that were involved at this point.  I knew there were some dummies in my town (especially by the number of Trump2020 signs), but jeez, some people just won’t take ‘wrong number’ as an answer.  Besides, they gave me a scare a friend might have died, something I’ve been dreading to hear about.
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 687

« Reply #3448 on: June 22, 2020, 11:26:54 PM »

You’re more polite than I am.  I hugely dislike group chats, and immediately opt to leave the group, even if I know who the other people are.  Yes, I understand it’s a burden to send out individual messages. But if you don’t care to contact me about something individually, I will just read about it on Facebook.
MintJulie
Version 9.6
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 692

Madame Sheriff

« Reply #3449 on: June 23, 2020, 03:39:08 AM »

So yesterday I received a group text about a death and funeral occurring in the town I live in. 

They can be entertaining.
Our high school senior's spring break.   She was going with a bunch of friends.  Dan and I were going on the trip with her, as were other parents of the senior girls.  So I was included in the mom group emails planning excursions and all.   That was fine.  I had met some of the moms but I did not really know them.  Anyways, planning was going along fine until the Covid started and plans were up in the air.  Some still wanted to go to Punta Cana, some wanted to change to Florida beaches.   It was EPIC.  These moms went at it for all of us to see.  There were 5 moms involved in the arguing.  Me and two others on the sideline.  I couldn't wait for the messages to come in.  Dan and I were cracking up.   My favorite line was, "You're a bitch!  You've always been a bitch! A bitch since the day you had to be Mrs Smiths class mom.  You knew I wanted to be class mom.  BITCH!"  (I found out later that Mrs Smith was their 2nd grade teacher.)  And we didn't go on the trip because everything was shut down because of Covid, so three weeks of arguing for nothing.   

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 ... 237   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: