News:

What RUINED your day today?

MintJulie · 213743

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +379/-9
Reply #80 on: May 26, 2016, 12:41:38 AM
Both ruined and made my day......with bikini weather approaching was time for a wax.  *ouch, ouch, ouch* 

LOL....I have to admit, I chickened out....decided to shave instead.
 :D

Love,
Liz

I shave every morning Liz... yes... every damned morning...

vinney  :emot_laughing:

TMI Vinney.......TMI........
Where..??

Love,
Liz

Where...?  In the bathroom of course... :emot_laughing:

vinney

:D.....You Jerk...!!!
 :emot_laughing:
Love,
Liz

Offline GEMINIGUY

• "I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
  • GG
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +507/-59
Reply #81 on: May 26, 2016, 05:58:10 AM
lol Liz say Too much information, and follows up with Where? ;-)

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

ChirpingGirl

Reply #82 on: May 26, 2016, 04:03:23 PM
Heat and 100% humidity.

Offline Elizabeth

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #83 on: May 26, 2016, 04:07:15 PM
lol Liz say Too much information, and follows up with Where? ;-)

So I'm Nosey........"Get Over It"........
Anyway GG....."Bite Me"....

Love,
Liz

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #84 on: May 26, 2016, 11:29:23 PM
I will pass on your offer to Katie, she can bite you if she wants. :^)

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1283/-3
Reply #85 on: May 27, 2016, 04:22:06 AM
Today I read the obituary of Harriet, one of the foremost ambassadors for Eagles and conservation of our heritage.  Since 2000, Harriet was one of the Eagles at the National Eagle Center in Wabasha, Minnesota.  She retired a year ago from public view.  Recently she quit eating and as a result wasn't getting the pain medication she needed.  The decision was made to end her suffering.

Harriet was unable to fly due to injuries after being hit by a car.  Though unable to fly again, the flew into the hearts of so many who visited the center and got to meet her.

Harriet also traveled extensively.  She'd been on the Today Show and the Tonight Show with Jay Leno.  There were many visits to VA Hospitals where she helped lift the spirits of veterans.  Countless schoolchildren were able to see our country's symbol up close through Harriet's visits to them.

At 35 and having lived the first half of her life in the wild before being hit, Harriet was very long lived.  Her visage graces many of Minnesota's license plates that are sold to raise money for preserving natural resources.

After reading of her death, I went to tell my wife about it.  I found I was so choked up I could hardly talk and yes, some tears were shed.  There are several other Eagles at the National Eagle Center to carry on Harriet's "work".  Still she was a very special bird.

I'm attaching a picture I took a few years ago.  She always had that feather sticking up on top of her head.  It's a result of scarring from her injuries.   

http://www.startribune.com/national-eagle-center-s-most-prominent-feathered-resident-dies/380970051/

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #86 on: May 27, 2016, 07:38:08 AM
Yum, castor oil ;-)

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1749/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #87 on: May 27, 2016, 01:50:23 PM
Short staffed.    Agreed to let all 3 co-managers take the day off and in exchange I'm taking Wednesday off.    This office is like a ghost town.   I hate when it is so quiet in here.   Spooky.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #88 on: May 28, 2016, 05:49:41 AM
Was supposed to meet my friend about 8:00.   She was called in to work last minute.   Still have an hour to wait. :(

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +231/-2
Reply #89 on: May 28, 2016, 06:08:24 PM
I was supposed to spend the next two days yelling at people and chasing motorcycles but got sent home this morning (with 1/2 day pay) due to last minute student cancellations. I love teaching people how to ride motorcycles. However, with the cancellations we were looking at an instructor to  student ratio of almost 1 to 1. That just does not make good business sense considering how well paid I am. I don't need the money so that sting isn't there. But, now I have to find other things to do before going back to "work" at my permanent gig on Monday.

That is all.

Offline Elizabeth

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #90 on: May 30, 2016, 12:39:01 AM
Week 3 of working 7 days a week

LOL....are you kidding.??
ahhhhh....Okay I'll be nice and won't say any more.

Love,
Liz

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #91 on: May 30, 2016, 12:41:11 AM

In the A/C I hope.

We're there with you in spirit, sweetheart.   

Love,
Jules

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #92 on: May 30, 2016, 12:43:14 AM
That the mod's have in place a 5 messages per hour limit and I'm trying to chit-chat with my  peeps.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline vinney

• POM - March 2012 - October 2014 - December 2015 - POY 2015
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +948/-3
  • Excuse me ma'am... you're sitting on my tonka toy.
Reply #93 on: May 30, 2016, 12:45:27 AM
Today...? Nothing!

If you've got a cock then use it, if you're a lady abuse it.

Offline Elizabeth

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #94 on: May 30, 2016, 12:49:32 AM
That the mod's have in place a 5 messages per hour limit and I'm trying to chit-chat with my  peeps.

Isn't That The Truth.

Love,
Liz

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #95 on: May 30, 2016, 01:58:52 AM
Since I'm burnt at the stake, I think I should have no limits on my chats.

:)

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #96 on: May 30, 2016, 02:46:01 AM

The fact that certain members had to abuse the PM system to the point we had to set these limits.

And YES, I'm the one that requested it after being threatened myself by these asshats

Well, I was busy telling someone how cute you were.   Then I got the sudden urge to talk dirty to you and I tried PMing you.   Said my limit of 5 in an hour so I couldn't chat you up.
I've since lost the urge.   
:(  Sorry.

Jules

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Elizabeth

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #97 on: May 30, 2016, 03:35:30 AM

LOL....are you kidding.??
ahhhhh....Okay I'll be nice and won't say any more.

Love,
Liz

Shops 24/7 for at least another 2 weeks. I'll be there at 7am tomorrow.

I know it's not fair to compare your job with mine.
So I'll apologize now if I seem like a complete bitch to you (to be honest this is not directed at you). But people like to complain about the long hours that there job may entail, however have you ever heard a farmer complain about his/her job.?
Would you like a run down of my job.?
It's 24/7 everyday -365 days a year.
It's up at 5:30AM and finished (usually) around 7PM.
There are no Vacations, There are no Holidays, Christmas and Thanksgiving come in-between the work that has to be done. New Years  means nothing to me, you may get to go to a party and so do I, but at 5:30AM I have to be out in the barn feeding horses. The best part about my job is that my job is right out my front door (No commuting, unless you consider walking down a flight of stairs commuting, That's right Watcher had it right when he pokes fun about the hayloft, It's where I live 1600 sq. feet above 20 stalls below me). Did you want to hear about my nights.? Spring time takes the biggest toll on any farmer, simply because spring time (except for Dairy) is when all the new born appear (especially horses) and they do it at the wonderful hours of 3AM. (Only the Vet's job is worse than the farmers). My job may not seem like much, and I'm on KB a lot (only because, My office is my kitchen and the computer is in the kitchen). I don't really complain about my job, and I'm pretty sure you don't really complain about yours that much (to be honest if you did or I did, we would not be doing it). The greatest part about my job is that I get to spend time traveling with horses all over the world (that's when my parents farm guys help out with my place). So, with the exception of the travel, farming is one of those jobs that has no down-time. And I've just ranted about the easy stuff. Not even gotten into the training of the horses. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining about what I do, I would not trade it for anything in the world, just as I'm sure you wouldn't just walk away from what you do (unless you win the lottery).
Okay Rant Over...(and no I don't want to swap jobs for a day, I hate office work).

Love,
Liz

PS: So What's for Breakfast..??

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #98 on: May 30, 2016, 07:05:13 AM
I went to put my niece to bed.   Her room was a DISASTER.   Started cleaning, organizing, hanging clothes that needed hung, picking up.   Cleaned her bathroom, scrubbed the toilet, sink, bathtub.   The floor.   Thought I was done.   Looked in her dresser drawers, reorganized folded those.    4 hours later, I'm back downstairs.    Not ready for sleep.   And I've got two loads of laundry to do.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #99 on: May 30, 2016, 07:16:32 AM
I went to put my niece to bed.   Her room was a DISASTER.   Started cleaning, organizing, hanging clothes that needed hung, picking up.   Cleaned her bathroom, scrubbed the toilet, sink, bathtub.   The floor.   Thought I was done.   Looked in her dresser drawers, reorganized folded those.    4 hours later, I'm back downstairs.    Not ready for sleep.   And I've got two loads of laundry to do.
Welcome to parenthood!

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.