• Woos/Boos: +507/-59
Reply #680 on: February 06, 2017, 06:05:21 PM
Good thing I haven't had to bother you to edit anything for me, Jules... :P

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

ChirpingGirl

Reply #681 on: February 06, 2017, 06:33:19 PM
Chest pains thanks to this forum.  :facepalm:

You won't kill me, KB. Sex on my hundredth birthday will. I swear it!

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1749/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #682 on: February 06, 2017, 06:42:50 PM
Good thing I haven't had to bother you to edit anything for me, Jules... :P

Funny, I was just thinking that earlier.   ;)
I'm always here when you need me.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #683 on: February 06, 2017, 07:14:32 PM
Editing a procedure that is written so poorly, I have to question whether the writer knows and understands the procedure. What should have been a 4 hour task is turning into a week's worth of work.

And then they have to review it. It isn't going to be pretty.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +379/-9
Reply #684 on: February 06, 2017, 08:42:05 PM
Editing a procedure that is written so poorly, I have to question whether the writer knows and understands the procedure. What should have been a 4 hour task is turning into a week's worth of work.

You know, there is a reason they have a paper shredder in your office, you might consider using it and having the writer re-write the procedure so it appears to be "semi-comprehensible" to the normal average person.
 ;D

Love,
Liz

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #685 on: February 06, 2017, 08:46:52 PM
u

You know, there is a reason they have a paper shredder in your office, you might consider using it and having the writer re-write the procedure so it appears to be "semi-comprehensible" to the normal average person.
 ;D

Love,
Liz

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. The reason they have such a high opinion of my worth at work is that I take crap and turn it into gold.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 08:48:43 PM by Katiebee »

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline Elizabeth

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #686 on: February 06, 2017, 08:50:06 PM
u

;D

Love,
Liz

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

Okay....
How about "Plan B"....we just kill him, and stuff him in the paper shredder...??
 ;D

Love,
Liz

PS: Don't ask about "Plan C" it's far more nastier and requires a pickup truck to drag him behind for about 30 miles.

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +231/-2
Reply #687 on: February 07, 2017, 12:00:48 AM
u

;D

Love,
Liz

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. The reason they have such a high opinion of my worth at work is that I take crap and turn it into gold.

Taking written crap and turning it into written gold. I know what you mean. It took me 2 1/2 years but I finally got our standard procedures at work re-done. I started about 5 months after I started working there suggesting spelling and obvious changes to some procedures. About a year later, I did the same thing -- small changes. This year, I got tired of looking at the same shit repeated 3-4 times. The boss told me if I didn't like it, rewrite it. So I did. Cut the size down by 30%.

You will conquer.

That is all.

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #688 on: February 07, 2017, 12:17:34 AM
I have had to adopt the Klingon Tech writer Creed.

Klingon Technical Writers
The top 15 things likely to be overheard if you had Klingon technical
writers working for you:
15) Certification?! Having your hot blood dripping from my glistening blade
is all the certification I need!
14) I will return to the homeworld and my documentation will arise
triumphant in the STC Documentation Gauntlet, leaving all others drowning in
their own dangling modifiers. It will be glorious!!
13) By not returning my review copies by the agreed deadline is a
declaration of war. Indeed, it is a good day to die.
12) These specifications are for the weak and timid!!
11) This version of Word is a piece of GAGH! I need the latest version of
Framemaker if I am to do battle with this manual.
10) You cannot really appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the
original Klingon.
9) Indentation?! I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
8 ) What is this talk of "drafts"? Klingons do not make document "drafts".
Our documents escape, leaving a bloody trail of SMEs in its wake!
7) Use of passive voice is for the weak. They will not survive.
6) Proofreading? Klingons do not proofread. Our documents are purified with
pain-sticks which cleanses them of impurities and weakness.
5) I have challenged the entire Marketing team to a Bat-Leh contest! They
will not concern us again.
4) A TRUE Klingon warrior riddles his document with bullets, leaving it to
beg for mercy.
3) By changing the layout of my manual, you have challenged the honor of my
family. Prepare to die!
2) You question the worthiness of my grammar? I should kill you where you
stand!
1) Our users will know fear and cower before our suite of manuals and online
help! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #689 on: February 07, 2017, 12:22:40 AM
In the immortal words of Annie Savoy in Bull Durham --- Oh, my.

That is all.

Offline phtlc

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +207/-6
Reply #690 on: February 07, 2017, 06:30:53 AM
u

;D

Love,
Liz

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

Okay....
How about "Plan B"....we just kill him, and stuff him in the paper shredder...??

Uhm...are you sure you want to give KatieBee such ideas?  At least make sure she understands that you are joking.

While you're waiting in vain for that apology, why don't you make yourself useful by getting on your knees and opening your mouth

Offline phtlc

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +207/-6
Reply #691 on: February 07, 2017, 06:35:15 AM

I sympathise. When I was a grad student, a certain professor who was not an English speaker by birth had me proofreading all the papers she was submitting to journals and conferences. If my area of research had been even remotely close to hers it would have been much easier, but given the language gap and the fact that I had never researched her area it was a fucking nightmare. I did get free food and beer though so it wasn't all bad I suppose.

While you're waiting in vain for that apology, why don't you make yourself useful by getting on your knees and opening your mouth

Offline vinney

• POM - March 2012 - October 2014 - December 2015 - POY 2015
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +948/-3
  • Excuse me ma'am... you're sitting on my tonka toy.
Reply #692 on: February 07, 2017, 11:50:40 AM
Realizing that Tiny Dancer is no longer part of KB... Sad her account has now been deleted... She was a gem for me in my early days on the board, always supportive, friendly and helpful...

Missing her already  :'(

If you've got a cock then use it, if you're a lady abuse it.

Offline DemonDelight

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +208/-4
Reply #693 on: February 07, 2017, 03:28:05 PM
My ruined day was yesterday, but it's spilling over into today.

My little sister and I had a falling out. She's acting like a brat. She would rather wallow in self pity rather than accept the help several family members are trying to give her. It gets her more attention to play the wounded, misunderstood, victim teenager than getting herself some actual help does.

I am one of (if not) the only people who really understands what's going on with her as she is dealing with all the things I dealt with at her age and continue to deal with. I've tried reaching out to her and she ignored me. I've passed messages along to her using other family members, and she ignored me. So last night I had enough and I called her out on her bullshit and now she's blocked me because she's a fucking snowflake child who wants to say whatever she wants without opposition.

Something she doesn't realize is I am the ONLY person who is somewhat open to the relationship she (a 17 year old) has with a 21 year old baby daddy of two. She burned her bridge with the only person who was willing to fight the family on her side.

FUCKING STUPID BRAT!!!!

*Sighs heavily* There, I feel a little better now.

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #694 on: February 07, 2017, 05:35:26 PM
My ruined day was yesterday, but it's spilling over into today.

My little sister and I had a falling out. She's acting like a brat. She would rather wallow in self pity rather than accept the help several family members are trying to give her. It gets her more attention to play the wounded, misunderstood, victim teenager than getting herself some actual help does.

I am one of (if not) the only people who really understands what's going on with her as she is dealing with all the things I dealt with at her age and continue to deal with. I've tried reaching out to her and she ignored me. I've passed messages along to her using other family members, and she ignored me. So last night I had enough and I called her out on her bullshit and now she's blocked me because she's a fucking snowflake child who wants to say whatever she wants without opposition.

Something she doesn't realize is I am the ONLY person who is somewhat open to the relationship she (a 17 year old) has with a 21 year old baby daddy of two. She burned her bridge with the only person who was willing to fight the family on her side.

FUCKING STUPID BRAT!!!!

*Sighs heavily* There, I feel a little better now.

Hugs to you, DD. If you knew how many times my youngest has disowned me in the past 5 years (she hates that I refuse the let her play the woe is me game), you would realize that this shit happens. Give her some time and she will come around.

That is all.

Offline Elizabeth

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #695 on: February 07, 2017, 07:07:14 PM
Started last night and ended (kinda) today.......
Stephanie came over to spend the night with me (a good thing).
We were on the couch under a blanket making out (okay..!! doing other things as well). Anyway all of a sudden she's looking at me really weird and I'm like "what"?? and freaking out, all of a sudden she reaches over to me and touches my hair pulling a few strands to the side and smiles (kinda evil like) and then says "OMG, you have gray hair"....
Well, that's all it took......shot out from the couch and into the bathroom to see if I had gray hair, OMG..!!!! I DO.......
Steph is laughing and smiling and I'm not...!!
We ended up in bed for the night, Steph spent most of the night giggling at me, while I was trying to check out the rest of my head for gray hair.....
Next (this) Morning.......Mom is over for breakfast......and does the exact same thing.....she's looking at me really weird (it's like a repeat of last night).....only mom gets really close (like right in my face) and suddenly announces to the world....."Lizzie, You Have Gray Hair".......OMFG...!!!! Thank You very Much....!!!
You are only the second person in the room to notice it...!!!!
Crap, now I feel old.........

Love,
Liz

ChirpingGirl

Reply #696 on: February 07, 2017, 07:41:28 PM
Stephanie came over to spend the night with me (a good thing).
We were on the couch under a blanket making out (okay..!! doing other things as well). Anyway all of a sudden she's looking at me really weird and I'm like "what"?? and freaking out, all of a sudden she reaches over to me and touches my hair pulling a few strands to the side and smiles (kinda evil like) and then says "OMG, you have gray hair"....
Well, that's all it took......shot out from the couch and into the bathroom to see if I had gray hair, OMG..!!!! I DO.......
Steph is laughing and smiling and I'm not...!!
We ended up in bed for the night, Steph spent most of the night giggling at me, while I was trying to check out the rest of my head for gray hair.....
Next (this) Morning.......Mom is over for breakfast......and does the exact same thing.....she's looking at me really weird (it's like a repeat of last night).....only mom gets really close (like right in my face) and suddenly announces to the world....."Lizzie, You Have Gray Hair".......OMFG...!!!! Thank You very Much....!!!
You are only the second person in the room to notice it...!!!!
Crap, now I feel old.........

Love,
Liz

Hair dye time.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1282/-3
Reply #697 on: February 07, 2017, 08:01:15 PM
Just checked...34, OLD? :emot_laughing:

Everyone has their own yard stick, Liz.  I got my first few in my 30s too.  It's not a sign of aging!

OK, I still have some dark hair...just doesn't show, in public anyway ;D ;D ;D

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1749/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #698 on: February 07, 2017, 08:10:45 PM
Stephanie came over to spend the night with me

STOP RIGHT THERE!
Ummmm, Stephanie (or Steph)    When did this happen?   Did I miss something somewhere?   PM me please, granny.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Elizabeth

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #699 on: February 07, 2017, 08:51:58 PM
Stephanie came over to spend the night with me

STOP RIGHT THERE!
Ummmm, Stephanie (or Steph)    When did this happen?   Did I miss something somewhere?   PM me please, granny.

PM Sent...........

Love,
Liz