What RUINED your day today?

MintJulie · 213741

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1575/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #740 on: February 11, 2017, 07:06:24 PM
msslave - hope your wife is doing better.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1283/-3
Reply #741 on: February 11, 2017, 07:15:43 PM
Yes, the Mexico episode was the last one.  Still the lack of medical care has scared her off.  Maybe someday she'll feel better about it.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

_priapism

Reply #742 on: February 11, 2017, 07:41:33 PM
Kids refused to eat my chili Mac cheese with a fried egg on top for breakfast.  "Tastes like ass."  Fuckers.  And how do you know what ass tastes like anyhow?

Try feeding them "Corned Beef Hash with a Fried Egg on top"......That and Spam, were my dad's favorite breakfast food. (I think it was a holdover from his military days). The first time I tried the Corn Beef Hash I gagged (but I actually managed to swallow it). When dad asked me how was it, I just nodded my head and looked at my mom and whispered "this stuff taste like salty shit". dad as not impressed at all.

Love,
Liz

Our parents and grandparents all survived the Great Depression and WWII.  They knew want.  And hunger.  They did not put leftovers in the garbage.  "Waste not, want not."  So I watched two grandmothers work magic all week with a Sunday roast, then stroganoff, then stew, then hash, and finally chipped beef, the lowly "shit on a shingle."

We didn't dare complain.  It just wasn't done.

So today, I had had some left over chili, and left over Mac and cheese.  Mixed them together, with left over Budweiser, and heated to 180°.  Meanwhile fried eggs.  You got your chili mac, a layer of melted cheddar, egg and Tabasco on top.  Not gourmet, but filling, and a good start.

My kids all want Cordon Bleu.  I'm taking my son out for dinner to his favorite restaurant for Birthday this week.  His favorite escargot Baked Alaska haunt.  I didn't even know what those dishes were at his age.

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +379/-9
Reply #743 on: February 11, 2017, 09:13:31 PM
I learned a long time ago to like Spam........But I like it with Scrambled Eggs.
I used to watch my Mom and her Mom cook up some amazing stuff with little to nothing. What was fun (for me) was making and baking bread and biscuits with my grandmother.

Love,
Liz

Offline GEMINIGUY

• "I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
  • GG
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +507/-59
Reply #744 on: February 11, 2017, 10:23:22 PM
My father was big on corned beef hash as well. But he'd scramble up an egg into the hash.

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

IdleBoast

Reply #745 on: February 11, 2017, 11:15:25 PM
So, it turns out relapses are real.

I just missed the whole of Saturday, and now I'm going back to bed...

ChirpingGirl

Reply #746 on: February 12, 2017, 02:35:43 AM
One of my kids has a crush on her friend, a boy.  :facepalm:

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with that at all, what I do have a problem with is mommy's so not fucking ready for that shit!  :roll:

But honestly I can't blame her because he's soooooooo cute :D And kinda girly. Has girly hair. Probably couldn't tell he was a boy if you didn't know. But no. No, mommy's not ready for that.

On the plus side I've already started torturing her with "You've got a boyfriend!"  :emot_laughing:

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1283/-3
Reply #747 on: February 13, 2017, 04:09:23 PM
Guess this could also go in "What Made Your Day", but I'm putting it here.

Neighbors were over last night and it was mentioned that the little girl is now selling Girl Scout cookies.  I have to have Thin Mint every year at this time.
We placed the order and asked when they needed the money and when we'd get delivery.  They said, "Right now.  Have everything at the house."  In minutes we had our cookies and they had the money.

The bad/good thing is:  Mom is the head cookie mother for the troop.  There's over 1000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies just across the street!!! :emot_weird: :emot_weird: :emot_weird:
All I need do is run over with a fist full of dollars and get more when we run out. Not a good situation of a diabetic and addict.  :facepalm:

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

ChirpingGirl

Reply #748 on: February 13, 2017, 05:59:47 PM
My gaming laptop has been getting amazingly hot. I have a cooling pad for it, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. My daughter and her friend couldn't get through half an hour of playing a game on it before it shut it's self off. I've had problems with this damn thing recently. Rather than chuck it and spend another $2000 I decided to take the fucker apart and see if the fan was working right. It was not. It was coated in dust and clogged with what I'll blame as dog hair.  :roll:

I keep my house immaculate. I'd like to think you couldn't find a spec of dust anywhere. I vacuum so much I recently burned out a vacuum. But this fucker was absolutely fucking filthy inside. I had to take it to the garage and used a can of air to blow it all out then took the fan out, disassembled it and cleaned it. I used all my blonde IQ to figure out how to take it apart without destroying it. I put it all back together, crossed my fingers and turned it on. I set a game to it's max settings and ran it for about two hours to test it. Yesterday you could bake a cake on it, but today it didn't even get warm the whole time.

It seems to run much faster too. I cleaned it up spotless and it seems good as new. But this was a fucking chore.  :facepalm:

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +231/-2
Reply #749 on: February 14, 2017, 05:22:33 PM
My gaming laptop has been getting amazingly hot. I have a cooling pad for it, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. My daughter and her friend couldn't get through half an hour of playing a game on it before it shut it's self off. I've had problems with this damn thing recently. Rather than chuck it and spend another $2000 I decided to take the fucker apart and see if the fan was working right. It was not. It was coated in dust and clogged with what I'll blame as dog hair.  :roll:

I keep my house immaculate. I'd like to think you couldn't find a spec of dust anywhere. I vacuum so much I recently burned out a vacuum. But this fucker was absolutely fucking filthy inside. I had to take it to the garage and used a can of air to blow it all out then took the fan out, disassembled it and cleaned it. I used all my blonde IQ to figure out how to take it apart without destroying it. I put it all back together, crossed my fingers and turned it on. I set a game to it's max settings and ran it for about two hours to test it. Yesterday you could bake a cake on it, but today it didn't even get warm the whole time.

It seems to run much faster too. I cleaned it up spotless and it seems good as new. But this was a fucking chore.  :facepalm:

This accomplishment should be in the What MADE your day thread. Way to go, CG.

That is all.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #750 on: February 14, 2017, 05:45:02 PM

This accomplishment should be in the What MADE your day thread. Way to go, CG.

It would have if it hadn't been such a pain in the ass.

My daughter and her friend used it for 4 hours yesterday and it was cool to the touch. Would be nice if they'd design these things to be easier to clean.  :facepalm:

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1749/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #751 on: February 14, 2017, 08:21:24 PM
My daughter and her friend used it for 4 hours yesterday and it was cool to the touch. Would be nice if they'd design these things to be easier to clean.  :facepalm:

*says under my own breath*    Or you could just keep your house cleaner. 

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

ChirpingGirl

Reply #752 on: February 14, 2017, 09:13:02 PM
My daughter and her friend used it for 4 hours yesterday and it was cool to the touch. Would be nice if they'd design these things to be easier to clean.  :facepalm:

*says under my own breath*    Or you could just keep your house cleaner.  

I said I keep my house perfectly clean.  :emot_bottomspank:

Why don't you go back to swimming in scrambled eggs and ketchup? Clearly you can't pay attention because you need your fix.

8)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 09:15:30 PM by ChirpingGirl »

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +379/-9
Reply #753 on: February 14, 2017, 09:35:52 PM
LOL......Okay you two......
I can run my computer in a BARN and never have problems like you have.
"Wait a minute"..........I do run my computer in a barn..............
So, something isn't clean somewhere if you are picking up that much crap in your fan, are the kids playing the computer while lying on the floor..?? because that's about the only way you will get that much dog hair in your computer......hell, I don't even get horse hair in mine and they shed a LOT more than a dog does.

Love,
Liz

ChirpingGirl

Reply #754 on: February 14, 2017, 10:39:09 PM
LOL......Okay you two......
I can run my computer in a BARN and never have problems like you have.
"Wait a minute"..........I do run my computer in a barn..............
So, something isn't clean somewhere if you are picking up that much crap in your fan, are the kids playing the computer while lying on the floor..?? because that's about the only way you will get that much dog hair in your computer......hell, I don't even get horse hair in mine and they shed a LOT more than a dog does.

Love,
Liz

I'm willing to bet your computer didn't cost anywhere near over $2000.  ;D

It's a high powered machine which means it requires a lot of air to keep from melting into goop. I would never take it into a barn. Fuckin' thing would suck the hair right off the horses . :roll:

KitKat

Reply #755 on: February 14, 2017, 11:16:02 PM

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #756 on: February 15, 2017, 03:18:21 AM

That is all.

_priapism

Reply #757 on: February 16, 2017, 11:43:50 PM
Client hires me to fight a messy probate battle.  After significant research and trips to the courthouse, I learn that virtually everything she told me about the case was incorrect, and we can get her problem resolved without filing suit.

Happy client?  No.  Screamed and yelled and demanded that I not charge a fee, because "you should have known that when I hired you."  Ugh.  TGTIF.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• "I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
  • GG
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +507/-59
Reply #758 on: February 17, 2017, 12:11:06 AM
Fuck, it sucks when people don't appreciate the hard work and effort you put into something! -rolls eyes-

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #759 on: February 17, 2017, 12:19:30 AM
What part of "it's going to cost you $xxx.00/hr as soon as the client says you're hired to a lawyer" did the client not understand? Maybe the client doesn't understand that going to court would probably cost her more than what she will owe now.

Reminds me of the knife sharpener who would charge $1.00 to sharpen a knife. A customer complained that the guy only used about 5 cents worth of material off his grinding wheel. Where did the sharpener get off charging a dollar? The sharpener's reply was that he charged 5 cents for the materials and 95 cents for knowing how to sharpen the knife.

That is all.