MintJulie · 219178

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1761/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #1000 on: May 21, 2017, 03:40:13 PM
A dear friend having surgery.   I'm scared to death.   

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

ChirpingGirl

Reply #1001 on: May 21, 2017, 04:27:38 PM

:hug:

IdleBoast

Reply #1002 on: May 21, 2017, 10:23:58 PM

:hug:

I'll second that hug...

KitKat

Reply #1003 on: May 21, 2017, 11:05:10 PM

Sending positive vibes to her and also to you Jules. Hope all goes well.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #1004 on: May 25, 2017, 01:54:09 AM
Car is in the shop needing $750 worth of repairs.  I don't have that kind of money, but without the car I can't get to my job.

UGH!

Offline None

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +28/-1
Reply #1005 on: May 25, 2017, 02:05:32 AM
Car is in the shop needing $750 worth of repairs.  I don't have that kind of money, but without the car I can't get to my job.

UGH!

Unless it involves mucking with the computer it likely is something anyone could handle themselves. Youtube is your friend. Righty tighty, lefty loosy (Hey Lucy, I'm home!) Old bit out. New bit in. Except for electrical stuff, mechanical things are pretty straight forward. The arm bone connects to the neck bone sort of stuff.

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #1006 on: May 25, 2017, 03:20:15 AM

Another trip to the surgeon today, pre-planning a second surgery on my wrist.  I'm gonna look like a jigsaw puzzle.  What I'd originally hoped was 5-6 weeks worth of annoyance (back in December) will eventually stretch out to maybe 8 MONTHS.  Well, knock me down and suck my dick!  :facepalm:

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

Offline phtlc

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +207/-6
Reply #1007 on: May 25, 2017, 04:52:49 AM
A friend died recently and I very recently found out he knew he was dying the last time I saw him. I respect his decision to maintain his privacy but he likely knew that this was the last time we would see each other and while we had a good time, I wish I knew that I was seeing him for the last time.

That so sad. Hugs for you. :hug:

Thanks KK

While you're waiting in vain for that apology, why don't you make yourself useful by getting on your knees and opening your mouth

Offline phtlc

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +207/-6
Reply #1008 on: May 25, 2017, 04:53:37 AM
A friend died recently and I very recently found out he knew he was dying the last time I saw him. I respect his decision to maintain his privacy but he likely knew that this was the last time we would see each other and while we had a good time, I wish I knew that I was seeing him for the last time.

Wow P.  I am so sorry to read that.   I can kind of relate to his reason for not telling you and others.    My sister wished she could just spend her last visits in her final weeks as she had always spent time with her friends, just enjoying each others company.   She appreciated how sympathetic many were, but she just wanted her friends to really enjoy their last times together, and not be in low spirits.  I can't say for sure, but perhaps this may be why he didn't say anything to you and others.  You can be sure he walked away from your last meeting with a smile for having the opportunity to see you one last time, and he likely shed a tear at the same time.   I'm sure you'll miss him.  I'm so sorry.   
Hugs to you,
Jules

Thanks MJ. I do support his decision and I understand it. I would want my last visit to be fun not sad.

While you're waiting in vain for that apology, why don't you make yourself useful by getting on your knees and opening your mouth

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1009 on: May 25, 2017, 07:40:57 PM

UGH!

Unless it involves mucking with the computer it likely is something anyone could handle themselves. Youtube is your friend. Righty tighty, lefty loosy (Hey Lucy, I'm home!) Old bit out. New bit in. Except for electrical stuff, mechanical things are pretty straight forward. The arm bone connects to the neck bone sort of stuff.

The part from the local supplier is $550.  Because the car is so old to replace the coil/condenser we have to replace the entire distributor unit.  They don't sell it separate bits anymore. But I found the unit online for $280.  I talked to the mechanic and he called his supplier who will bring his part down to $300.  This will bring the cost down to $500 total, including the $150 diagnostic fee I've already racked up.  Looks like it might be doable.

Offline None

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +28/-1
Reply #1010 on: May 25, 2017, 07:56:36 PM
The part from the local supplier is $550.  Because the car is so old to replace the coil/condenser we have to replace the entire distributor unit.  They don't sell it separate bits anymore. But I found the unit online for $280.  I talked to the mechanic and he called his supplier who will bring his part down to $300.  This will bring the cost down to $500 total, including the $150 diagnostic fee I've already racked up.  Looks like it might be doable.

Wow!! Points and condenser ignition.  I love it! That's back when cars were made of steel instead of Chineseium (100 points to the first person who can cite the reference). The average person has to work 2 to 4 hours for every shop hour to pay for the rates they charge. Not saying they aren't worth it, but it's an up hill battle for many. As a rule I do absolutely everything I can reasonably (including engine/transmission swap). I only go to the shop for computer related stuff. Even then I typically only pay for the diagnostic then go fix it myself. Amazon is a great source for parts. Sounds like you're a savvy consumer and won a small battle. Nice work!

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1011 on: May 25, 2017, 10:49:00 PM
I have a 1995 Nissan 240SX, rear wheel drive.  This was built just before Nissan nearly went bankrupt because they were still making quality cars.  To avoid bankruptcy they had to start manufacturing junk like all the other car companies.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1012 on: May 31, 2017, 08:33:48 PM
I fell of a ladder and hurt my ankle on Sunday.  I went to the ER on Monday and found out I broke it. They were hoping to admit me so I could get surgery on it Tuesday, but there was no room, so they sent me home in a semi-cast called a splint.  I have to keep it elevated all the time or it swells up and gets very uncomfortable in the splint.  That means mostly lying in bed, so I'm not on the computer much.  It's a good thing I bought a couple of books.

Really bummed because I planned to go to Palm Springs the weekend of 9-11.  I'm going to wait until I talk to the doc tomorrow before deciding if I'm going now.

KitKat

Reply #1013 on: May 31, 2017, 08:41:41 PM
I fell of a ladder and hurt my ankle on Sunday.  I went to the ER on Monday and found out I broke it. They were hoping to admit me so I could get surgery on it Tuesday, but there was no room, so they sent me home in a semi-cast called a splint.  I have to keep it elevated all the time or it swells up and gets very uncomfortable in the splint.  That means mostly lying in bed, so I'm not on the computer much.  It's a good thing I bought a couple of books.

Really bummed because I planned to go to Palm Springs the weekend of 9-11.  I'm going to wait until I talk to the doc tomorrow before deciding if I'm going now.

Ouch! Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1014 on: May 31, 2017, 09:20:58 PM
I do too.  I'm about ready to go lie down again.  I have a slave coming over to my laundry in a little while.  The poor boy is so sweet and worried about me.  He's a treasure.  Now if only he did not have a phobia about rubbing feet and washing dishes - LOL!

I really wish I was better at this whole Domme thing.  It takes a lot of time and I'm such a home-body.  I really only have time and energy for one, and that's because he takes much of the initiative.

One fellow has offered yard and house work if I make him get naked and wear women's underthings.  But he is just exhausting to communicate with.  "I'm so scared and nervous." he says.  I suspect he's wanking and getting a thrill out of just talking about doing it and does not really want to take the plunge at all.  So I've just stopped responding.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• "I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
  • GG
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +508/-59
Reply #1015 on: June 01, 2017, 01:33:22 AM
Hell, I'D rub your feet, Lois, that's not a submissive thing :P

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #1016 on: June 01, 2017, 02:08:23 AM
Yep, that's a loving thing.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1315/-3
Reply #1017 on: June 01, 2017, 04:04:23 AM
Sorry to hear about your foot, Lois.  Hope you have a speedy recovery.  Need both feet on the ground to handle slaves properly.

GG made a nice offer of rubbing your feet.  I'll top it...I'll rub your feet and suck on your toes! ;D

Get well soon

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1018 on: June 01, 2017, 06:51:47 AM
I appreciate any attention my feet get.  Thank you!

Offline GEMINIGUY

• "I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
  • GG
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +508/-59
Reply #1019 on: June 01, 2017, 11:52:57 PM
:^)

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant