KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

What RUINED your day today?

MintJulie · 217843

_priapism

Reply #1320 on: December 19, 2017, 05:33:16 PM
It would be better to do nothing in my opinion, than to do something so poorly it only calls attention to your idiotic miserliness.

The truth is, he has no taste, no world experience, is a religious prude, and is utterly inept at all things social.  He probably thought it was great.  And for him, it was.

Offline Army of One

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +192/-2
Reply #1321 on: December 19, 2017, 09:20:30 PM
The holiday party that wasn’t.

Set at 6 p.m. on a rainy Monday.

Thirty people.  No alcoholic drinks served.

He bought 6 appetizers, the had them cut into tiny pieces.  We were allowed a tiny paper plate to “help ourselves.”  Didn’t even put out chips and salsa.

The meal consisted of 8 entrees dissected the same way.  Everyone got three or four bites of something.

The event (I refuse to call it a party) was over by 8.  We had margaritas on a credit card, so hey, I should know.  We were the last to leave.

He did give all employees a small bag of pistachios.  No Christmas bonus check.  Even the asshole boss in the Vacation movie gave a jelly of the month club.  LOL.
I think, Vinge, you might find it better to boycott it. One of the places where my sister worked, the staff party was only open to management (which she was), so she went "screw this!", and invited the floor staff to another "staff party".

Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #1322 on: December 20, 2017, 01:33:04 AM
No alcoholic drinks served.

You're the lawyer, but as someone who's run parties involving where I work, I considered serving alcohol or paying for employees' drinks could get me or the company into trouble if the drinker got in a car and killed themselves or someone else.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

_priapism

Reply #1323 on: December 20, 2017, 01:48:14 AM
No alcoholic drinks served.

You're the lawyer, but as someone who's run parties involving where I work, I considered serving alcohol or paying for employees' drinks could get me or the company into trouble if the drinker got in a car and killed themselves or someone else.

#Resist

No social host liability in Texas, unless you serve alcohol to an underaged person.  If you cater your event, and use a TABC licensed server, practically zero risk.  If the server gives so called “impairment training” to their workers, even the server can avoid liability.

Most places give drink tickets and limit consumption on the company dime to two or three drinks. But I can’t recall an office party that was dry.  Maybe in Utah, but not in Texas.

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #1324 on: December 20, 2017, 04:34:43 AM

Forgot to take my thyroid hormone at lunch.  Forgot again at 2:30PM break.  Forgot YET FUCKING AGAIN at 5PM when work was done.  Spent 2 hours in traffic driving home in the rain 'cos the Mexicans don't have decent tires or brakes, and the AC in their car doesn't work so their windows were fogging up; they're all driving 35-40mph, so the REST of us drive 35-40mph.  Got home at 7PM on the nose and said "Oh, fuck me!" about the thyroid hormone.  Now I can't eat anything until around 9pm, and I should really wait until 11PM since I take both a calcium AND an iron supplement.  Yeah, NOT waiting until 11PM to have supper!

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #1325 on: December 23, 2017, 01:32:45 AM
WAY worse than forgetting my drugs:  I'm killing bedbugs today, and took a break to look up some other relevant info on the little bastards since the info I found from a British researcher flat didn't work.  He'd said that they die when their temperature exceeds 104F.  The ones in Dallas sure didn't!  I took my bedroom up to 110 and held it there for 12 hours, no joy.  What I found from U Virginia, U Florida and OSU all said 111 to 113F, and 120F is faster.  Well, the two space heaters I had would only get it to 110, so I bought another one.  With three, surface temps in the room are 120 to 128, and I'm finding dead ones now (3 hours later).  I found some good bedbug info-videos I was going to convert and upload for y'all, but my old version of Super video converter wouldn't play, and insisted that I upgrade it.  I did so, and unchecked ALL of the 'optional' software it wanted to install.  Still, something ELSE that it installed bolted in a rootkit, and it took my networking down.  I'm typing this on my multimedia server 'cos my main box is fucking TOAST until I restore the backup from last year.

edit:  Well, worse and better.  I tried to restore from my backup, and it flat refused to write to the boot partition, even though the Ghost recovery file CAME from that partition, and all of the parameters still matched exactly.  I thought I was fucked... my backup won't load... I'm gonna have to reinstall Win7 from scratch.  On a whim, I booted Strelec PE on a thumbdrive, browsed to c:\Users\{my user name}\AppData\local\ (where I knew the rootkit was hiding) and deleted ALL of the directories that were created this afternoon.  Then I rebooted, and voila! my network is up again.   I still have problems: the network diagnostics abort with an unspecified error 'cos I ripped the rootkit out the hard way.  However, networking is working, so I'm good for now.

BTW, if you need a handy boot USB to fix odd issues, I recommend Sergei Strelec. 
The Mega link at the bottom is probably your fastest download (if Mega works for you).

https://preview.tinyurl.com/y9axkern

« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 05:36:28 AM by RopeFiend »

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

_priapism

Reply #1326 on: December 23, 2017, 01:41:20 AM

With three, surface temps in the room are 120 to 128, and I'm finding dead ones now (3 hours later).  

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #1327 on: December 31, 2017, 01:40:11 PM
A little late in posting, since it was a few days ago, but what the hell.

I met a girl before Christmas, the first really since my wife passed away (at least the first that was not on-line).  There was some talk of going out to dinner.  We exchanged a few texts, mostly about her safe travel out of town for the holidays and Merry Christmas on the 25th.  And then abruptly on the 27th she sent a message that said she decided she was absolutely not interested in bringing anyone into her life as a friend or otherwise.

I was in a bit of a funk after that.  I hadn't realized how much I was looking forward to taking a woman out to dinner until the possibility vanished, hence the ruined day.

Yesterday I had a late lunch and decided to go to a strip club on the way home.  6 hours and $200 later I felt a whole lot better.  Getting all that female attention did wonders for my mood.  I know that attention had very little to do with me and everything to do with the pile of singles I had on the bar, but it didn't matter.

I stayed long enough to see the shift change and meet about 15 girls.  I think I had been to a strip club exactly once during my 18 year marriage, and that was only because I had walked back my hotel after a concert, and it was the only place I found open where I could get a drink.

Several girls last night asked if I wanted a lap dance, the first phrasing it as, "Do you want to play with me?"  I eventually did get a lap dance from a very pretty Asian girl.  After I asked if she typically worked Saturdays, she actually offered me her number to text to see if she was working (how very enterprising).  I turned down the offer for her number saying I'm sure I'll be back and see you again.  I'm not sure when or if I really will go back, but yesterday was just what I needed.  Did I just post this in the wrong thread?

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1753/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #1328 on: December 31, 2017, 02:53:23 PM
Did I just post this in the wrong thread?

Nope, the perfect place.  You mentioned you disappointment at the beginning, which I'm sorry to hear about.  Get back on that horse.  It's tough starting a new relationship, especially around the holidays.  If you liked her, give it another week or so for the holiday craziness to calm down and send her a text offering dinner again, but don't push it if she says no, just move on.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #1329 on: December 31, 2017, 03:32:05 PM
Noticing several ancient threads, like Gina’s “what celebrity would you like to fuck?” And my own “what I looked at the last time I masturbated” have been “unpinned.”  I think times are changing (again). We have a lot of new member activity, which is good.  Unfortunately, almost all of it in in the pedo subjects, which is creepy.

Wishing everyone a happy new year.  And a great 2018.

Offline Hades

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +165/-1
  • Despite of it all, still an aspiring decent person
Reply #1330 on: December 31, 2017, 04:06:27 PM
A little late in posting, since it was a few days ago, but what the hell.

I met a girl before Christmas, the first really since my wife passed away (at least the first that was not on-line).  There was some talk of going out to dinner.  We exchanged a few texts, mostly about her safe travel out of town for the holidays and Merry Christmas on the 25th.  And then abruptly on the 27th she sent a message that said she decided she was absolutely not interested in bringing anyone into her life as a friend or otherwise.

I was in a bit of a funk after that.  I hadn't realized how much I was looking forward to taking a woman out to dinner until the possibility vanished, hence the ruined day.

Yesterday I had a late lunch and decided to go to a strip club on the way home.  6 hours and $200 later I felt a whole lot better.  Getting all that female attention did wonders for my mood.  I know that attention had very little to do with me and everything to do with the pile of singles I had on the bar, but it didn't matter.

I stayed long enough to see the shift change and meet about 15 girls.  I think I had been to a strip club exactly once during my 18 year marriage, and that was only because I had walked back my hotel after a concert, and it was the only place I found open where I could get a drink.

Several girls last night asked if I wanted a lap dance, the first phrasing it as, "Do you want to play with me?"  I eventually did get a lap dance from a very pretty Asian girl.  After I asked if she typically worked Saturdays, she actually offered me her number to text to see if she was working (how very enterprising).  I turned down the offer for her number saying I'm sure I'll be back and see you again.  I'm not sure when or if I really will go back, but yesterday was just what I needed.  Did I just post this in the wrong thread?
No.  And I'm glad for you she actually made your holidays a little less intolerable  :hug:

Don't ask me.
I'm just as clueless about life as you are.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #1331 on: December 31, 2017, 09:14:37 PM
You mentioned you disappointment at the beginning, which I'm sorry to hear about.  Get back on that horse.  It's tough starting a new relationship, especially around the holidays.  If you liked her, give it another week or so for the holiday craziness to calm down and send her a text offering dinner again, but don't push it if she says no, just move on.

Thanks for caring Jules.

The brush off was pretty definitive and made me feel like any further texting (or a call) would not be welcome.  I did reply I was disappointed and that if she changed her mind (again) to contact me.  I'm finding it hard to figure out what was going on in her head and over-analyzing.  She was a little quirky, which is a polite way of saying she possibly has minor mental issues.  She was however very kind, so I didn't have those warning bells go off that you get when we guys or gals meet someone we suspect might be psycho.

And I'm glad for you she actually made your holidays a little less intolerable  :hug:

Thanks Hades.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #1332 on: December 31, 2017, 09:32:25 PM
We have a lot of new member activity, which is good.  Unfortunately, almost all of it in in the pedo subjects, which is creepy.

Ugh.

Was a story on RU with an obvious pedo title.  People were joining only to read that story, so Lois fixed it requiring 5 posts to view it.  Then these people made throw away posts like:

I believe Lois went in and manually deleted all those nothing posts.  The story has faded well back now and not easy to find, where I hope it stays.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1753/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #1333 on: January 01, 2018, 07:54:35 PM

Football.

The guys are all watching Michigan football, followed by the Rose bowl, followed by an Alabama game.  It was requested I make some chili for today.  It should be ready in a bit.  We'll eat then I'm laying my head in Mark's lap for a nap while they watch their games.
My brother-in-law, mom and daddy are here.  Mom is leaving after eating.  There is a good chance they're all staying the night because the games are running late and they're all putting away the beers a little too quickly.   

I have to work tomorrow.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #1334 on: January 01, 2018, 10:20:37 PM
I’m still processing this.

My girlfriend’s Dad died on Dec 26.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #1335 on: January 01, 2018, 10:50:33 PM
It's so god damn cold the dog won't go outside.  :roll:

KitKat

Reply #1336 on: January 01, 2018, 11:11:35 PM
I'm not a fan of winter either, looks like we have a long three months ahead of us.  :emot_blink:

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +231/-2
Reply #1337 on: January 02, 2018, 05:35:04 PM
Thus the reason Mrs JBRG and I are researching a move to more temperate climes. After a week of -25C daytime highs and windchills in the the -35C to -40C range, we are looking harder at better locations than north-central Alberta. Hmmmmm. The south Okanagan valley is looking pretty good. Milder temperatures and OMG, the wine.

That is all.

KitKat

Reply #1338 on: January 02, 2018, 05:36:47 PM
Thus the reason Mrs JBRG and I are researching a move to more temperate climes. After a week of -25C daytime highs and windchills in the the -35C to -40C range, we are looking harder at better locations than north-central Alberta. Hmmmmm. The south Okanagan valley is looking pretty good. Milder temperatures and OMG, the wine.

Now that is incredibly cold. I can't even imagine. Sending warm hugs your way. :hug:

Offline hddriver1

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +2/-1
Reply #1339 on: January 06, 2018, 05:22:14 AM
Waking up alive. Discovering when I looked to the side display I am still a "new" pervert. My wife wants a divorce but not yet because first she has to loose weight, feel better about herself, get a job, informed me if I ever left her for another woman she shove it so far up my ass that my tonsils would hurt. But she is always telling me I am her best friend and she's only looking out for me. It would take pages to explain everything about our disfunction and how I look to the new day that waits with some fear, some happiness and some dread. My mother passed away one year ago and as a Christmas present my Dad told me I was not wanted in the first place and if my mother wasn't so drunk that night she would have gotten the birth control device installed properly and no little swimmers would have made it passed the blockade (he was former military) but that wasn't the worst of it, we were stationed down south and she couldn't get an abortion. I laughed at him and said well at least I'm not my brother....he's gotta go thru life with you wishing he was a girl, ha. I should really delete all this shit. I mean two broken Kurig's? SHit this is nothing compared to how the heavens have to align for two Kurig's to be broken at the almost the exact same time. What did you do for that Karma?? Well god bless my old man, he made me a mean SOB when I had to be a mean SOB to survive and bless my wife because she made me a lot better person when I needed to be a better person. Happy new year 8)

Spin off of "What made your day today?"

So, what ruined my day today?

My Kuerig broke - pump quit.  No coffee for my drive to work.
Get to work.   The Kuerig is broken - pump quit.  
WTH, is it national Kuerig break down day?

:(,
Jules
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 05:40:31 AM by hddriver1 »

I used to have money, then I got married. I used to get pussy, then I got married. Now I have a limp dick and an empty wallet.