What RUINED your day today?

MintJulie · 213737

_priapism

Reply #2600 on: July 17, 2019, 09:41:13 PM

I know, right?

They forgot the hyphen in "sus pended."

How strange...

;)

I was reminded just how many times a day I check in here.  I was getting that nervous crack addict needs a fix feeling.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1749/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #2601 on: July 17, 2019, 09:47:11 PM

I was reminded just how many times a day I check in here.  I was getting that nervous crack addict needs a fix feeling.

Exactly.   I went on to Amazon and bought some shoes and other stuff.

KB going down for 3 hours was expensive to me.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

IdleBoast

Reply #2602 on: July 17, 2019, 10:26:22 PM
If I'm counting time-zones right, I spent the down-time in the cinema with my wife, watching Yesterday.

Excellent movie.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #2603 on: July 18, 2019, 01:30:35 AM
If I'm counting time-zones right, I spent the down-time in the cinema with my wife, watching Yesterday.

Excellent movie.

I SO want to see that.   Next rainy day on a weekend.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #2604 on: July 18, 2019, 01:48:08 AM
My Peruvian came home while I was making dinner.  The NY strip on the grill did not get turned in time while I was kissing her and chatting about our day.  So we ate steak burnt on one side.  So much for my culinary school training.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2605 on: July 18, 2019, 02:55:40 AM
Dangerous heat warning for next 4 fucking days.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1575/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #2606 on: July 18, 2019, 11:54:53 PM

I volunteer to place cold packs on certain parts of your body ….you know, to keep you cool.  8)

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2607 on: July 18, 2019, 11:56:57 PM

I volunteer to place cold packs on certain parts of your body ….you know, to keep you cool.  8)

Deal.  ;D

_priapism

Reply #2608 on: July 19, 2019, 12:24:57 AM
Everyone in house is in a bad mood.  I’ve retreated to local brew pub for some seasonal 9.5% ABV beer and a wagyu burger.

I work my ass off for these folks, and I get very little appreciation or assistance in return.  Thank goodness the golden child is flying home from Venice on Saturday.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2609 on: July 19, 2019, 01:53:02 AM
Everyone in house is in a bad mood.  I’ve retreated to local brew pub for some seasonal 9.5% ABV beer and a wagyu burger.

I work my ass off for these folks, and I get very little appreciation or assistance in return.  Thank goodness the golden child is flying home from Venice on Saturday.

Now you know how I feel.

Offline Army of One

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +192/-2
Reply #2610 on: July 19, 2019, 04:53:08 AM
Let's see: what ruined what is now yesterday for me?

The empty lot next door caught aflame. Deliberate, we think. Licked our side of the fence at one point.

The second...well, you would've read about it already.

Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #2611 on: July 19, 2019, 01:08:44 PM
The empty lot next door caught aflame. Deliberate, we think. Licked our side of the fence at one point.

Okay, that is just down right scary when your home is in jeopardy like that.   I can't even imagine.   The relief you must have felt when it was put out.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Army of One

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #2612 on: July 19, 2019, 02:35:49 PM

Okay, that is just down right scary when your home is in jeopardy like that.   I can't even imagine.   The relief you must have felt when it was put out.
Yeah, I'm just thankful work was called off for me that day; otherwise I probably wouldn't've known about it, or, worse still, have known about it from its much more devastating aftereffects.

Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

_priapism

Reply #2613 on: July 19, 2019, 02:59:02 PM

Now you know how I feel. 

I actually thought of you.

Oldest was bitching about not wanting to eat in, but not wanting to go out.  In other words, dad should drive out and bring dinner home.  Wifey feeds the youngest a hotdog and ruins his appetite.  Kitchen is a wreck, because the maid (me) tried to earn some money today and didn’t have time to run two loads of dishes.  Meanwhile pandemonium over a cockroach.  In the kitchen?  No.  Dad keeps the kitchen clean.  In the childrens’ rooms, where all kinds of food and crumbs are laying around, because it’s too difficult to eat at a table and put your dirty dishes in the sink for the maid to wash.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #2614 on: July 19, 2019, 03:10:43 PM
Oldest was bitching about not wanting to eat in, but not wanting to go out.  In other words, dad should drive out and bring dinner home.

Don't you hate that?
Dan and I went grocery shopping one weekend.  Come in with the bags, put everything away.   
2 hours later.....
"Can we get Little Caesars?  There is nothing to eat here."
Without me even responding, the other one says, "Oh, on your way back from there, can you get me Taco Bell?"

Sorry, but, I had gone on a run that morning.   Then vacuumed the pool.  Tossed on a baseball cap and we went shopping.  Came home, put away the food.  Went out and tended my garden beds for 2 hours.   I come in the house and that's what is being asked of me?   And all they've done all morning is sit on the couch watching Stranger Things and texting selfies to their friends.   

School back in session can't come soon enough.   And the router is now on a smart plug with a schedule.  No more wifi, no more netflix, no more tv. 

Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #2615 on: July 19, 2019, 04:28:29 PM

School back in session can't come soon enough.   And the router is now on a smart plug with a schedule.  No more wifi, no more netflix, no more tv. 

I LOVE YOU.

My 20 year old is a gamer and constantly fucks with the router and the thermostat.  If my wi-fi isn’t flickering on and off, my damn balls are freezing.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2616 on: July 19, 2019, 06:50:47 PM
CJ can't wait for school. Can't wait for cold weather either.  :roll:

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3071/-41
Reply #2617 on: July 20, 2019, 01:43:50 AM

CJ can't wait for school. Can't wait for cold weather either.  :roll:

I don't know what it's like out there -- and, for that matter, I don't even know where "out there" is -- but it's 92 here right now, and it's going up to 98 tomorrow and 99 on Sunday.

I feel your pain.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2618 on: July 20, 2019, 02:02:56 AM
92° Feels like 107.

:facepalm:

Offline Army of One

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #2619 on: July 20, 2019, 03:00:30 AM
92° Feels like 107.

:facepalm:

Try living in Australia during this time. It's winter here, so 17°C (about 63°F) feels like a lot less (like about 10°C, or 50°F).