KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

What RUINED your day today?

MintJulie · 217231

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3960 on: November 30, 2020, 04:51:05 AM
Having an argument with wifey about how we, for some reason, need new rings. The ones we have are fine. "I want something with diamonds and gold"  :roll: Basically she wants me to spend a fortune so she can have bling.

Diamonds are not even rare, De Beers who controls that market just makes it that way so they can charge fortunes for something that probably wouldn't be worth all that much because they're not rare at all. Diamonds are the hardest material found on earth. They resist scratching better than anything else. Other than that, they hold no unique distinctions.  :roll:

But I really learned I am not spending a fortune so miss pretty pretty Japanese princess can have more bling to show off.  :roll: She was looking at spending 4 fuckin' thousand dollars on two rings! You fucking lunatic! CJ also learned Japanese princesses don't seem to comprehend spending that much money on something most people won't even notice is fuckin' insane!  :facepalm:

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #3961 on: November 30, 2020, 06:05:43 AM

Well, maybe not ruin my day, but it happened in the middle of a movie.

My daddy called me earlier.  He wanted me to know he got home safely from NC.  I had known this because I was tracking him with the "Find My" app.   Anyways, just before he hangs up he says, "Oh, and this darn iPad won't open."  And asks if I've got a minute to help him. 

"Is the battery dead."

"No, it's not dead, it just won't work.  It's stuck with some message from Apple."

We are on Facetime so I tell him to just show me by aiming the phone at the iPad.  He finally figures out how to do it.   And he turns the iPad on by pushing the home button.  On the screen is the screen wanting his Apple password.  He says, it won't do anything. I tell him he's on an app and to go to the homepage. 

"Well how do you do that?" 

"Just push the button, daddy."

"It doesn't have a button."

"Yes it does, daddy.  You just turned the iPad on by pushing the button."

"Jules, you don't understand.  It won't do anything, look," and he starts rubbing his finger all over the screen.

"Daddy, the home button.  Hit the home button."

"What the hell is the home button?"

"The button at the bottom of the screen.  Right under the screen daddy.  The one that you just pushed to turn it on."   

I can hear him mumbling to his friend Sally in a p*ssed off tone.  "She's telling me to hit the button.  I don't know what she's talking about."

"Daddy, the front of your iPad has a big screen, and right beneath that is a button."

"No there's no button, but it's got a little indented thing."

"Yes, that's the button."

"Button's stick up, Jules, this thing is indented inward."

I have him on speaker phone, so Dan and the oldest are listening to this exchange.  They are both holding back out-loud laughter.

"Okay, so hit the indented thingy."   

He does and he gets to the home screen.   

"Oh Jules, you'e a gem.  Thanks, honey."  And he hangs up.

A phone call took about 4 minutes to get him to hit the home button indented little thingy twice.   I think it might be easier to teach a chimp sign language than it is helping my dad with tech stuff.

And it was right after that that I poured my first drink of the day.

Yeah, that’s me as well.  Can I call you my dear next time I can’t figure out something equally simple?

_priapism

Reply #3962 on: November 30, 2020, 09:43:07 AM
Having an argument with wifey about how we, for some reason, need new rings. The ones we have are fine. "I want something with diamonds and gold"  :roll: Basically she wants me to spend a fortune so she can have bling.

Diamonds are not even rare, De Beers who controls that market just makes it that way so they can charge fortunes for something that probably wouldn't be worth all that much because they're not rare at all. Diamonds are the hardest material found on earth. They resist scratching better than anything else. Other than that, they hold no unique distinctions.  :roll:

But I really learned I am not spending a fortune so miss pretty pretty Japanese princess can have more bling to show off.  :roll: She was looking at spending 4 fuckin' thousand dollars on two rings! You fucking lunatic! CJ also learned Japanese princesses don't seem to comprehend spending that much money on something most people won't even notice is fuckin' insane!  :facepalm:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200207-the-sparkling-rise-of-the-lab-grown-diamond

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20181219-the-rise-of-guilt-free-gems

Only a fool would pay inflated DeBeers rates for a blood diamond.  You can get a synthetic for half or less.  Only a lab can tell the difference.  Even CZ has improved tremendously in recent years.  So I think the diamond industry is going the way of the horse and buggy.  Unless you enjoy supporting an industry that uses African child labor to claw its precious stones out of the ground.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3963 on: November 30, 2020, 03:27:53 PM
I don't support it and she's not getting it.

I gave her a $500 budget and she hasn't stopped complaining.  ;D

I love pissing her off.  :D

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1750/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3964 on: November 30, 2020, 04:49:54 PM
I don't support it and she's not getting it.

I gave her a $500 budget and she hasn't stopped complaining.  ;D

I love pissing her off.  :D

I don't even wear a ring on my finger.  I don't like rings.  My wedding ring is on a necklace that I wear 24-7-365 though.  And when I run, I feel it bouncing off my chest.  Love that little reminder.
It's just a gold band.  I didn't want anything expensive.  $300 I think, which I thought was too much.  I'm not a jewelry person.

I absolutely didn't want a diamond ring.  I did inherit my mothers and sister diamonds.  And they're sitting in a safety deposit box.  Saving them for possibly going to any of the three girls if they want diamond wedding rings.  We'll be able to save some money for them and their future fiancées.   I did keep, and do wear, my sisters diamond chip earrings.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2945/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #3965 on: November 30, 2020, 05:02:02 PM
I have my necklaces, and a few bracelets, but I don't care for rings.  I have three diamonds.  My grandma's 50th wedding anniversary gift from grandpa, and a pair of diamond earrings.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3966 on: November 30, 2020, 05:25:49 PM
If I don't wear mine she freaks out. "Where's your ring!?"  :roll: My sisters wifey had a meltdown when she lost hers for all of five minutes.

Maybe it's better to just not get married anyway.  :emot_laughing:

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #3967 on: November 30, 2020, 06:03:36 PM

Maybe it's better to just not get married anyway.  :emot_laughing:

Maybe, but I think it makes it harder for him/her to say it isn't working, and then end things.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3968 on: November 30, 2020, 07:34:31 PM
How about you get married so you can enjoy it as much as the rest of us do?  :emot_laughing:

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #3969 on: November 30, 2020, 07:48:08 PM
How about you get married so you can enjoy it as much as the rest of us do?  :emot_laughing:

Because I'm a complete commitaphobe

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1603/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3970 on: November 30, 2020, 08:37:07 PM
The only piece of jewelry that I wear is my wedding band. No watches, no chains. Nada.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3971 on: December 01, 2020, 06:06:24 AM
Wifey, randomly while brushing her wet hair after shower: "I can't believe you put a $500 budget on new rings. It's almost like you don't want people to know you're married."

:emot_laughing:

You're really getting on my nerves and I'm about to lose it.  :D

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #3972 on: December 01, 2020, 06:15:48 AM
Wifey, randomly while brushing her wet hair after shower: "I can't believe you put a $500 budget on new rings. It's almost like you don't want people to know you're married."

I hear that tattoo rings are much cheaper, permanent, and show commitment better than a metal band...  just saying

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3973 on: December 01, 2020, 03:44:20 PM

I hear that tattoo rings are much cheaper, permanent, and show commitment better than a metal band...  just saying

CJ has tramp stamps. Miss perfect pretty pretty Japanese princess doesn't. I was young, even more retarded and on drugs when I got them. You can't see them anyway. My kids don't even know they're there. Except my daughter. She thinks they're cool.  :facepalm:

She wouldn't do it anyway because the word cheap doesn't exist to princesses.  :roll: CJ is right at the edge of telling her to shut the fuck up about it.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1603/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3974 on: December 01, 2020, 03:53:20 PM

CJ has tramp stamps. Miss perfect pretty pretty Japanese princess doesn't. I was young, even more retarded and on drugs when I got them. You can't see them anyway. My kids don't even know they're there. Except my daughter. She thinks they're cool.  :facepalm:

She wouldn't do it anyway because the word cheap doesn't exist to princesses.  :roll: CJ is right at the edge of telling her to shut the fuck up about it.

No tat rings on her left hand.... ;D ;D

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #3975 on: December 01, 2020, 04:30:11 PM
Tripped again this morning during my morning.  Get outside and start going, get that cold wind in the eyes and the tears start flowing like Niagara falls.  Trying to wipe my eyes and I step off the side of the road and stub my toe in the rocks near the ditch.

Down goes Frazier... again.  Only thing hurt was my pride.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1308/-3
Reply #3976 on: December 01, 2020, 04:49:32 PM
Be careful out there. We need the joy you bring to KB. :o

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3977 on: December 01, 2020, 04:59:41 PM

No tat rings on her left hand.... ;D ;D

Nope.  :D

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1308/-3
Reply #3978 on: December 02, 2020, 04:33:01 PM
Back before Thanksgiving I lamented seeing the Hershey's Kisses Christmas bells commercial before Turkey Day. Still love the commercial, but now I've learned they changed it.
https://www.delish.com/food-news/a34834752/hersheys-kisses-christmas-commercial-change-2020/

I guess there's been the usual internet backlash. I don't mind that they've added a new commercial...just keep playing thy original one too, damn it! :emot_banghead: :emot_banghead:

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1750/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3979 on: December 02, 2020, 06:17:49 PM

Dan picked up some McRib sandwiches at McDonalds.   I ate half of one.  That's what ruined my day.

But, as for Dan....

It made his day.  He ate his, then proceeded to eat the other half of mine.

Current Status:  Considering sticking my finger down my throat.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016