KB - a better class of pervert

News:

loliwood studios story site

swinks · 55453

Offline swinks

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +2/-0
on: July 18, 2016, 05:18:51 PM
is there anyway of getting english versions of the stories that are posted in german,french or spanish
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 05:20:52 PM by swinks »

Offline herschel

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +222/-1
Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 05:34:43 PM
For a smart-ass answer, I could say run them through google-translate or another on-line translator, but I can tell you that the results would be laughable. You would probably get the general gist of the story, but nothing that would not require serious puzzling out by the reader.

I was a big fan of the old Loliwood Studios site, but don't remember that they ever had anything but English language stories. I occasionally drop by the revived version of Loliwood Studios, and on the new version I still never noticed anything but English.

I also happen to read French, and have found some pretty good stories on Histoires Taboues, which is a French site linked into asstr. I would think anyone writing stories in French would submit them through Histoires Taboues.

I have noticed German stories on occasion on asstr, and tried running them through on-line translation, which basically gives you word-for-word translation, without taking context into consideration, much less coming up with the right meaning when the word has multiple meanings.

I've thought about posting my translations of good stories  from Histoires Taboues here on KB, but it's a lotta work, and I would rather be reading good stories instead of working on translations.

Sorry I'm not much help, but that's what I know about that.

Offline watasch

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +46/-4
Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 07:31:33 PM
I thought the site was shut down? 

Offline Johnny Johnson

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +27/-0
Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 01:57:30 AM
It don't know its current status but I seem to remember that the pages were still available but the site is no longer updated.

Offline herschel

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 03:52:33 AM
To my way of thinking, the main attraction on Loliwood Studios was Corn53. Something makes me think he was the originator, or webmaster, or some other primary agent for that site. I corresponded with him a few times, and IIRC he told me 'he' had to shut it down, I forget what the explanation was, but it was neither lengthy nor explicit. His stories are nowhere to be found, which is a great pity. He did say he was going on hiatus, but said he intended to come back at some point. All this goes back five years or more.

Whether he has come back, maybe under another author name, I don't know, but I tend to doubt it. I have since then seen only one story that bore a close resemblance to his style, but I don't think it was him. More likely another Corn53 fan taking his cue from the master, I would think.

There were many other excellent authors on that site, and somehow or other a lot of their stories have been worked up into a new Loliwood Studios, but no sign of Corn53. So what now appears as the new Loliwood Studios is certainly worth a visit. I see them posting or re-posting old stories on asstr, and always take a look when I see them.

But getting back to the start of this thread, I don't remember any of their old or new stories being anything but English. Asstr has had a lot of contributions in other languages, but oddly enough I don't remember ever seeing one in Spanish. I also know Spanish, have visited plenty of Spanish sites, always take a look when I see a Spanish language pedo-erotica site. But I can't remember a Spanish story connected to asstr in any way. Not saying it never happened, I just don't remember any.

Offline watasch

• Deviant
Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 10:17:33 PM
How can one access the "new" site?  My searches have been unsuccessful.

Offline herschel

• Freakishly Strange

Offline watasch

• Deviant
Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 09:41:10 AM
Thanks for the link.

Dav3e

Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 02:01:12 PM
Thanks indeed. Some good stuff on there.

Offline watasch

• Deviant
Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 12:44:19 AM
In regards to the original question;
     I have seen many a posting in languages other than English.  I have tried the online translations but as mentioned the stories seem rather stilted.  What is frustrating is when you see the accompanying codes, think it may well be an interesting story to read but alas:  can't read it.
     So best of luck with figuring out how to translate the stories.  And there are still quite a few stories that make visiting the site worth while.