on: September 23, 2016, 04:31:00 PM
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 01:26:46 AM by =^..^= »

Offline GEMINIGUY

• "I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
  • GG
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +508/-59
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 05:13:27 PM
I'm sure lots of writers have those kinds of insecurities. But what i've learned after six years here is most KB members don't come here for the stories. Our readers are most like non-members and possibly lurkers who never comment. The best you can do is watch your story hits and include a "censored" version of your email address [kitty at hotmail . com] and maybe you'll get comments that way.

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3085/-41
Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 06:54:33 PM

I'm sure lots of writers have those kinds of insecurities. But what i've learned after six years here is most KB members don't come here for the stories. Our readers are most like non-members and possibly lurkers who never comment. The best you can do is watch your story hits and include a "censored" version of your email address [kitty at hotmail . com] and maybe you'll get comments that way.

GG is correct: "Most KB members don't come here for the stories." But more people -- members who don't post on the main boards, visitors, and what GG describes as "lurkers" DO come here for the stories. The story boards are -- far and away -- the most visited, most read parts of the board. By far.

For example, from time to time I click on the "Who's Online" link at the bottom of the home page, and there are always more people on the story boards than elsewhere. In fact, right now I'd guess about 85% of those online are on the story boards (including several reading your "Lacy's Legacy" stories.

And if you click on the "Stats" link, you'll see that most of the Top 10 all time threads by views are stories.

I'm not a writer, but I can understand why a writer would crave feedback, chiefly, as you mentioned, to know whether to keep going, or quit while you're ahead. But, feedback or not, the stories are being read, and in larger numbers than any other threads or sub-boards on KB.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 03:32:12 AM
Glad MissBarbara made you feel better, KittyK :^)

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 07:43:18 AM
The best comment is the number of hits you get on your story. Comments are normally posted by people who post on other parts of the board. And if you have a particular insecurity about your writing, you should ask another writer. GG is one, I am another, there are others online who are active and willing to discuss writing issues.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 10:02:40 AM
Yes, Katie is a very good writer, i've read some of her works.