KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turkey Day! Happy Thanksgiving!  (Read 6585 times)
MintJulie
Global Moderator Version 9.7.1
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 771

Toe's Old Lady

« Reply #195 on: November 20, 2020, 01:11:20 PM »

Don't mess with my stuffing or gravy.
My brother in law tried to spice something up one year and made a gravy recipe that had apple cider in there.   F*d up my whole dinner.  DON"T F*CK WITH THE GRAVY.
I'll have popcorn during the black Friday afternoon movie marathon.

Wow!  I cannot remember when you typed the F word twice in one post. He must have really F***ing pissed you off. Cool

Oh, he did piss me off.  Thanksgiving is in my top 3 holidays of the year.  Don't mess with it.  I joked it off during dinner while we were eating, then afterward as the drinks started loosening my lips, I started telling him how upset I was over it.   I even took control of the remote control, turned the football game off, and insisted he just focus on what I was trying to convey.  He was smiling and making a joke of it during the whole discussion. Daddy, yelled at me to turn the game back on and when I refused, he promised to inflict bodily harm on Kevin if he ever did it again, if I would just turn the game back on.  Promises were made by him.
Later that night I stirred it all up again and was actually crying.  hahaha.  We were all pretty sloshed at that time.  But I never had 'cider' gravy ruin Thanksgiving again.

I assume you've seen or heard the Franks Red Hot Sauce commercials, where she says, "I put that sh*t on everything!"    That is me at Thanksgiving with the gravy.  I put that sh*t on everything.  Except the pumpkin pie.  Oh, and the green bean casserole. 

Don't mess with the gravy recipe.   If you do, be warned, there will be tears and you'll have to deal with an emotionally distraught inebriated female for the rest of the day. 
Ruin my Thanksgiving Dinner, I ruin your whole f'n day.

A true act of goodwill...
always sparks another
ChirpingGirl
Burnt at the stake

Fame 464

« Reply #196 on: November 20, 2020, 02:48:47 PM »

Don't mess with my stuffing or gravy.
My brother in law tried to spice something up one year and made a gravy recipe that had apple cider in there.   F*d up my whole dinner.  DON"T F*CK WITH THE GRAVY.
I'll have popcorn during the black Friday afternoon movie marathon.

Wow!  I cannot remember when you typed the F word twice in one post. He must have really F***ing pissed you off. Cool

Oh, he did piss me off.  Thanksgiving is in my top 3 holidays of the year.  Don't mess with it.  I joked it off during dinner while we were eating, then afterward as the drinks started loosening my lips, I started telling him how upset I was over it.   I even took control of the remote control, turned the football game off, and insisted he just focus on what I was trying to convey.  He was smiling and making a joke of it during the whole discussion. Daddy, yelled at me to turn the game back on and when I refused, he promised to inflict bodily harm on Kevin if he ever did it again, if I would just turn the game back on.  Promises were made by him.
Later that night I stirred it all up again and was actually crying.  hahaha.  We were all pretty sloshed at that time.  But I never had 'cider' gravy ruin Thanksgiving again.

I assume you've seen or heard the Franks Red Hot Sauce commercials, where she says, "I put that sh*t on everything!"    That is me at Thanksgiving with the gravy.  I put that sh*t on everything.  Except the pumpkin pie.  Oh, and the green bean casserole. 

Don't mess with the gravy recipe.   If you do, be warned, there will be tears and you'll have to deal with an emotionally distraught inebriated female for the rest of the day. 

Ok, you're not invited here for Thanksgiving. We don't drink, except a glass of expensive wine on holidays and the word football has no meaning here.  emot_laughing

What in cousin-fuckin’ tarnation Alabama Betty Crocker Miss fuckin' Betty White shit is this?
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 884

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #197 on: November 20, 2020, 03:12:14 PM »

Used to be that the Detroit Lions and Chicago Bears would play every Thanksgiving. Glad they aren't playing this year. Everyone would fall asleep watching them play, even before dinner.  Grin Grin

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
MintJulie
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 771

Toe's Old Lady

« Reply #198 on: November 20, 2020, 03:23:54 PM »

Used to be that the Detroit Lions and Chicago Bears would play every Thanksgiving. Glad they aren't playing this year. Everyone would fall asleep watching them play, even before dinner.  Grin Grin

Lions versus Houston this year.     Might be just as bad as a Chicago matchup would have been.

always sparks another
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 767

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #199 on: November 21, 2020, 12:52:58 AM »

Longhorns and Cowboys used to always play on Thanksgiving.  So everyone would wolf down their food and run to the den to watch football.  Always felt bad for my grandmother who dutifully cleaned the kitchen.
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 884

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #200 on: November 21, 2020, 03:17:21 PM »

Do you also put chocolate over everything?  Cool

msslave
Freakishly Strange

Fame 471

Co-POY 2019

« Reply #201 on: November 21, 2020, 05:24:10 PM »

Well trained and been made compliant....by our two cats.
Sweetums
Deviant

Fame 22

« Reply #202 on: November 21, 2020, 06:51:18 PM »

One word: tryptophan.

Shiela_M
Freakishly Strange

Fame 292

Germans do it better. German Americans do it best

« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2020, 06:58:36 PM »

Exactly why I don't eat turkey  emot_laughing

"I'm a hazard to my health, don't let me get me"
msslave
Freakishly Strange

Fame 471

Co-POY 2019

« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2020, 12:22:54 PM »

Here's how we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving today.*

With restaurants having to shut down again for 4 weeks, we want to do what we can for them by ordering take out. It's been a hard road for many. Several haven't made it and have been forced to close their doors.

* Wife's son goes back to work this week following his bypass surgery in September. He's been doing well. He always opts to work holidays for the overtime pay. So we get together with him the Sunday before or after the holiday. Cuts his visit short, as he HAS to get home for football. Nah...we don't allow that here. facepalm 

Well trained and been made compliant....by our two cats.
MintJulie
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 771

Toe's Old Lady

« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2020, 02:09:13 PM »

... football. Nah...we don't allow that here. facepalm  

In our home it is tradition.  As far back as I can remember.  We always have the Detroit game on, and the Dallas game that follows while we play games or are sitting around talking.  But there is  no volume allowed on the television.  And we have Christmas music playing.   EVERYTHING gets turned off during dinner, of course.

Dan wasn't used to watching football without volume.  There was a light protest.  He's gotten used to it.  It doesn't tune him out of conversations going on in the other room where pre-dinner preparations are being made.  Same with daddy.  

always sparks another
Shiela_M
Freakishly Strange

Fame 292

Germans do it better. German Americans do it best

« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2020, 02:31:29 PM »

No football, no turkey, no stuffing or gravy here.  I don't do Thanksgiving.  I volunteer to work so somebody else doesn't have to.  Then I go home and just do whatever floats my boat at the time.  Music, book, writing, or whatever.  when I said I'll have tacos, I wasn't fully joking.

"I'm a hazard to my health, don't let me get me"
ChirpingGirl
Burnt at the stake

Fame 464

« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2020, 03:45:00 PM »

I can already hear my grandma saying "shoo" to the kids asking when dinner will be ready.  Roll Eyes

What in cousin-fuckin’ tarnation Alabama Betty Crocker Miss fuckin' Betty White shit is this?
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 884

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2020, 04:26:07 PM »

No football, no turkey, no stuffing or gravy here.  I don't do Thanksgiving.  I volunteer to work so somebody else doesn't have to.  Then I go home and just do whatever floats my boat at the time.  Music, book, writing, or whatever.  when I said I'll have tacos, I wasn't fully joking.

Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 662

« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2020, 05:32:32 PM »

It's been a few years since I've celebrated Thanksgiving in any traditional way.  We had a friend that would travel to Tucson and he'd throw a Thanksgiving potluck.  But he's been spending Thanksgiving in Hawaii with his mom the last couple years.  Large Turkeys are really inexpensive this year and we've been talking of getting one and living off the leftovers for a while this year.  I usually get a ham because Jefferson does not like Turkey that much, but he does like Trukey sandwiches.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: