Classic Movie Quotes

phtlc · 14576

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #180 on: December 26, 2018, 12:26:38 AM

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

ChirpingGirl

Reply #181 on: December 26, 2018, 03:22:46 AM
I literally say this all the time in this house.  :emot_laughing:

Remington555

Reply #182 on: December 26, 2018, 12:58:09 PM

"Who's driving this car, Stevie Wonder?"

Remmy

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1750/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #183 on: January 30, 2019, 02:18:23 PM

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."

"Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling."

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

ChirpingGirl

Reply #184 on: February 05, 2019, 02:32:09 AM
"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

Offline hotlavabacon

• Not Yet A Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +1/-0
Reply #185 on: April 06, 2019, 05:14:21 AM
"Talk hard, I like that. It's like a dirty thought in a nice clean mind."

Offline Jimmiee7

• Not Yet A Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +0/-0
Reply #186 on: July 14, 2019, 08:05:05 PM
On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil!
VIGO

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1585/-3
Reply #187 on: October 09, 2019, 12:46:44 PM

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about

_priapism

Reply #188 on: October 28, 2019, 05:45:19 PM
“There is always money in the banana stand.” — George Bluth, Sr.

Had to use this quote recently to explain where dad keeps his cash stash.

_priapism

Reply #189 on: November 24, 2019, 11:25:24 PM
”Dear Lord baby Jesus, lying there in your little ghost manger, just looking at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learning about shapes and colors and-- We just have so much to be thankful for.” — Ricky Bobby, Talladega Nights The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby

ChirpingGirl

Reply #190 on: November 26, 2019, 01:49:27 AM
"Geronimo, motherfucker!" - John McClane

_priapism

Reply #191 on: November 26, 2019, 02:55:39 AM
Barbarian General: “Conan, what is best in life?”
Conan: “To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!”
Just saying...

ChirpingGirl

Reply #192 on: November 26, 2019, 04:29:28 PM
"Why don't you write a song about Sandra Bernhard's salad, asshole." - Suburbia

_priapism

Reply #193 on: November 26, 2019, 04:51:14 PM
"Why don't you write a song about Sandra Bernhard's salad, asshole." - Suburbia

I’d eat her salad...

ChirpingGirl

Reply #194 on: November 27, 2019, 02:17:04 AM
"I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle." - The Warriors

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #195 on: December 06, 2019, 06:37:42 PM
"Geronimo, motherfucker!" - John McClane

_priapism

Reply #196 on: December 07, 2019, 12:18:52 AM
George Bailey: Just a minute... just a minute. Now, hold on, Mr. Potter. You're right when you say my father was no businessman. I know that. Why he ever started this cheap, penny-ante Building and Loan, I'll never know. But neither you nor anyone else can say anything against his character, because his whole life was... why, in the 25 years since he and his brother, Uncle Billy, started this thing, he never once thought of himself. Isn't that right, Uncle Billy? He didn't save enough money to send Harry away to college, let alone me. But he did help a few people get out of your slums, Mr. Potter, and what's wrong with that? Why... here, you're all businessmen here. Doesn't it make them better citizens? Doesn't it make them better customers? You... you said... what'd you say a minute ago? They had to wait and save their money before they even ought to think of a decent home. Wait? Wait for what? Until their children grow up and leave them? Until they're so old and broken down that they... Do you know how long it takes a working man to save $5,000? Just remember this, Mr. Potter, that this rabble you're talking about... they do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community. Well, is it too much to have them work and pay and live and die in a couple of decent rooms and a bath? Anyway, my father didn't think so. People were human beings to him. But to you, a warped, frustrated old man, they're cattle. Well in my book, my father died a much richer man than you'll ever be!

ChirpingGirl

Reply #197 on: December 07, 2019, 04:22:44 AM
Dr. Emmett Brown: Time traveling is just too dangerous. Better that I devote myself to study the other great mystery of the universe: women!

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1750/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #198 on: December 07, 2019, 03:52:11 PM
George Bailey: Just a minute... just a minute. Now, hold on, Mr. Potter. You're right when you say my father was no businessman....

Did everyone else read this in Jimmy Stewart's voice?

Dr. Emmett Brown: Time traveling is just too dangerous. Better that I devote myself to study the other great mystery of the universe: women!

haha That's funny.  I've watched the movie a couple of times but don't recall that line.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #199 on: December 07, 2019, 05:04:56 PM
George Bailey: Just a minute... just a minute. Now, hold on, Mr. Potter. You're right when you say my father was no businessman....

Did everyone else read this in Jimmy Stewart's voice?

I read an article this week that said Jimmy Stewart had PTSD, following his flight service in World War II over Germany. He was a pilot. This was the first movie that he made after the war. The sad looks on his face, and emotional outbursts, were him channeling his distraught emotional state. It makes the movie so much more touching, if that is true. He really seemed to be suffering at times.

And yes, I did read that in Jimmy Stewart’s voice for sure.

George: That's a lie! Harry Bailey went to war! He got the Congressional Medal of Honor! He saved the lives of every man on that transport.

Clarence: Every man on that transport died! Harry wasn't there to save them, because you weren't there to save Harry. You see, George, you really had a wonderful life.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 06:16:35 PM by ToeinH2O »