News:

What did you learn today TIL

MintJulie · 105052

Online msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1303/-3
Reply #1400 on: September 15, 2020, 05:01:47 PM
Wife was watching one of her animal shows a couple days ago and they e doing a piece on the Shoebills. A bird best described as ugly as f**k. Oh well I'm sure their mother loves 'em. :D

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1603/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1401 on: September 15, 2020, 05:13:24 PM
I nominate the Turkey Vulture as one of the ugliest birds...

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline xXshepXx

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +25/-0
Reply #1402 on: September 15, 2020, 05:16:10 PM
Wife was watching one of her animal shows a couple days ago and they e doing a piece on the Shoebills. A bird best described as ugly as f**k. Oh well I'm sure their mother loves 'em. :D

A shoebill is at best weird looking. A more worthy nominee for the ugliest bird contest is  the marabou stork.

I'm not okay, you're not okay. But hey, that's okay

_priapism

Reply #1403 on: September 15, 2020, 05:16:21 PM
The FTC says there are nine area codes that phone users should be on the lookout for: 268, 284, 473, 664, 649, 767, 809, 829 and 876.  These are not domestic area codes, and are frequently used for scam calls, data harvesting, malware, and robo dialing.  Returning calls to these area codes can also result in $20 or more in international charges to your bill.

Online msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1404 on: September 15, 2020, 05:29:39 PM

Yep... vultures will not win any beauty prize. But, they arfantastic at what they can do.

As carion eaters, they clean up dead animals cluttering up the landscape. More important, they process and eliminate any disease the dead animals may have been carrying. i.e. ebola, janta virus etc. As a result less disease in the world thanks to the ugly vultures.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2945/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #1405 on: September 15, 2020, 05:42:43 PM
Can see right through it's nose  :emot_weird:

That is freaking me out a bit.  And the eyes are unnerving to look at.  I feel that shoebill trying to steal my soul.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1603/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1406 on: September 15, 2020, 07:05:53 PM

Yep... vultures will not win any beauty prize. But, they arfantastic at what they can do.

As carion eaters, they clean up dead animals cluttering up the landscape. More important, they process and eliminate any disease the dead animals may have been carrying. i.e. ebola, janta virus etc. As a result less disease in the world thanks to the ugly vultures.

But they are attempting to take Shiela's soul. We can't allow that. ;D

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline purpleshoes

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +429/-10
Reply #1407 on: September 16, 2020, 01:56:14 PM
If you buy an American flag in Minnesota, it's either made in the U.S.A. or it's being sold unlawfully -- and that's unique to Minnesota.

In 2008, a state law went into effect that required that all American flags offered for sale be manufactured domestically.

At the time -- and apparently still -- Minnesota is the only state with such a law.

Good on ya Minnesota.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1750/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #1408 on: September 16, 2020, 03:25:03 PM
If you buy an American flag in Minnesota, it's either made in the U.S.A. or it's being sold unlawfully -- and that's unique to Minnesota.

In 2008, a state law went into effect that required that all American flags offered for sale be manufactured domestically.

At the time -- and apparently still -- Minnesota is the only state with such a law.

Good on ya Minnesota.

I like this.  

Maybe the people in Minnesota are not just old goofy people like I've always believed.  
hee hee

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Online msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1409 on: September 16, 2020, 03:40:06 PM
Jules... don't judge our state by the posts of this old pervert. :emot_laughing:

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1410 on: September 17, 2020, 04:11:43 PM
When it comes to boating or giant ships.  The getting "sucked under by the propellers" is not exactly true.  When an person gets too closed to a boat, especially large ships, or if they fall off like a cruise line, they are not "sucked" under the boat.  They actually just "fall" under it.  Or when a ship sinks, people are pulled down with it, they just fall through the space cause by it

When a large ships moves through water, especially when there are move waves around, it mixes air with the water creating a lot of bubbles.  These bubbles reduce the amount of surface area of the water that would normally keep you afloat.  Since there is less water beneath you, you fall through the air/water.  Most people drown from this because they try to swim back up to the surface,  what they need to do is swim perpendicular to the boat until the water can support them and then swim to the surface.  Like when caught in a rip current, don't swim to shore, swimming parallel with the shore until your out of it.

Online msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1411 on: September 18, 2020, 03:47:52 PM
Being a "perv" can occasionally help with the crossword. Today, the first clue was, "Noted work in which many different positions are discussed."

It took but a moment before I filled in, "Kama Sutra." ;D

Offline SmuDoodel

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +10/-1
  • Woof
    • Days and Symes
Reply #1412 on: September 18, 2020, 04:25:35 PM
:D Since I just woke up I learned I have one more day to play with. :D
Yippie Tie One On Pardner
:emot_wave2:

The names have been changed to protect the malicious

_priapism

Reply #1413 on: September 19, 2020, 01:36:23 AM
To apply for residence in New Zealand through investment you should assess yourself under our Migrant Investment Policy, which includes two Investor categories: Investor 1 (minimum investment NZ$10 million for at least three years) and. Investor 2 (minimum investment NZ$3 million for at least four years).

Gonfalon

Reply #1414 on: September 19, 2020, 01:46:20 AM
To apply for residence in New Zealand through investment you should assess yourself under our Migrant Investment Policy, which includes two Investor categories: Investor 1 (minimum investment NZ$10 million for at least three years) and. Investor 2 (minimum investment NZ$3 million for at least four years).

That's a very high bar. If someone really wanted to settle down in NZ, you think there were other ways of gaining resident status. I haven't been tracking population changes, but I get the impression there's been a significant inflow from Asia and the Middle East. There must be other paths to residence.

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1583/-3
Reply #1415 on: September 19, 2020, 07:42:49 PM

That's a very high bar. If someone really wanted to settle down in NZ, you think there were other ways of gaining resident status. I haven't been tracking population changes, but I get the impression there's been a significant inflow from Asia and the Middle East. There must be other paths to residence.

I think they have a skills based points system for immigrant workers like Australia does.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/options/live-permanently/things-to-consider/residency

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about

_priapism

Reply #1416 on: September 21, 2020, 11:35:59 PM
There are something called “onion goggles” for people whose eyes water when chopping onions.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1417 on: September 22, 2020, 01:22:18 AM
Open your mouth when chopping onions.  Breath heavy and it will help prevent that crap from hitting your eyes making the acid that makes you cry.  Cheaper than some racket ball goggles  :facepalm:

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1418 on: September 22, 2020, 02:30:41 AM
I learned I forgot every god damn thing I knew about 3D modelling.

Not long ago I could actually build the fucking star ship enterprise in 3D, now I can't remember fuck all how to do it. So much time wasted.  :facepalm:

Oh dear.  Not sure what is more sad.

You forgot how to 3d model, or that you used it to build a star trek wars ship...   :emot_laughing:

ChirpingGirl

Reply #1419 on: September 22, 2020, 02:40:23 AM
I learned I forgot every god damn thing I knew about 3D modelling.

Not long ago I could actually build the fucking star ship enterprise in 3D, now I can't remember fuck all how to do it. So much time wasted.  :facepalm:

Oh dear.  Not sure what is more sad.

You forgot how to 3d model, or that you used it to build a star trek wars ship...   :emot_laughing:

:roll: