KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you learn today  (Read 20958 times)
MissBarbara
Burnt at the stake
Burnt at the stake

Fame 2296

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 06:27:16 PM »

President John Tyler was born in 1790 and served in office from 1841-1845.

He has two living grandchildren.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

MintJulie
Global Moderator Version 9.7.1
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 770

Toe's Old Lady

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2017, 10:03:34 PM »

President John Tyler was born in 1790 and served in office from 1841-1845.

He has two living grandchildren.

Wait.   That would almost be impossible.   Even if he had his kids at 70, he'd have had his child in 1860.   If his child was 60 when giving birth, the grandchild would be born in 1920.    So the grandchild would be 97.        Those ages of becoming a parent seem a bit old though.

*edit*
I had to look it up.   WOW.

from Wikipedia

Tyler is the earliest former president with a living grandchild, having one living grandson through his son Lyon Gardiner Tyler. Until some time around 2016, Tyler had two living grandchildren, prior to the death of grandson Harrison Ruffin Tyler, who was born in 1928. Lyon Gardiner Tyler, Jr., born in 1924, is Tyler's last surviving grandchild.

Lyon (1853–1935).  

So Pres Tyler was 63 when Lyon was born.   Lyon's wife had children when he was 71 and 75.

Thanks for sharing Barb.    That is amazing.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 10:09:36 PM by MintJulie » Logged

A true act of goodwill...
always sparks another
MintJulie
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 770

Toe's Old Lady

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 12:00:48 AM »

I learned that pregnant women should not eat licorice.

Children whose mothers had licorice during pregnancy performed less well than others in cognitive reasoning tests.

Okay, so I will for sure never get pregnant then.

always sparks another
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 882

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 12:08:58 AM »

I can understand a pregnant woman not smoking or drinking alcohol, but not having licorice?  In the study, I wonder just how much licorice a pregnant woman had to eat?

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
ChirpingGirl
Burnt at the stake

Fame 462

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 12:15:34 AM »

I learned that pregnant women should not eat licorice.

Children whose mothers had licorice during pregnancy performed less well than others in cognitive reasoning tests.

Okay, so I will for sure never get pregnant then.

I hate that shit. Must explain why my kid is so smart.  Cheesy

What in cousin-fuckin’ tarnation Alabama Betty Crocker Miss fuckin' Betty White shit is this?
MintJulie
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 770

Toe's Old Lady

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 07:55:28 PM »

Today I learned that 50% of vasectomies done each year are done in March.

On the car ride back from lunch, the radio was on.   A news station.   It was a medical segment.    The topic was vasectomies.    I was half listening, but to wrap up the report, I heard the reporter finish with....  

"....50% of the vasectomies performed throughout the year are done in March.   The majority of those in early March.   Why?    So that patients can recuperate at home while enjoying March Madness, the NCAA basketball tournament."

Sure, a wedding, a holiday, or a trip coming up I might plan a medical procedure around it.   But a basketball tournament?!?  Roll Eyes

always sparks another
Elizabeth
Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
Burnt at the stake

Fame 363

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »

GGGGrrrrrrrrr............
Okay, what I learned today.......................
"I HAVE GRAY HAIR"........Crap, I'm not suppose to have gray hair..!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And friend of mine AND my mother both pointed it out to me......!!!! .....WTH.....Thank You Very Much. My Dad bless his heart was a little more (or less) subtle when he said "have you looked in the mirror recently"......Like I needed to hear that........"Of course I look in the mirror, at least once a year"!!!!!
OMG......!!!!!

Love,
Liz
Katiebee
Shield Maiden POY 2018
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 922

Achieving world domination, one body at a time.

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 09:41:50 PM »

We love you any way, Liz.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.
MintJulie
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 770

Toe's Old Lady

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2017, 09:55:58 PM »

"I HAVE GRAY HAIR"........Crap, I'm not suppose to have gray hair..!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And friend of mine AND my mother both pointed it out to me......!!!! .....WTH.....Thank You Very Much. My Dad bless his heart was a little more (or less) subtle when he said "have you looked in the mirror recently"......Like I needed to hear that........"Of course I look in the mirror, at least once a year"!!!!!
OMG......!!!!!

Love,
Liz

hahaha

I spotted my first gray hair at 22.

Correction:   It wasn't gray, it was white as snow.

always sparks another
KitKat
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2017, 11:30:18 PM »

Society has trained us to believe that grey/white hair is a bad thing. They want you to rush right out and buy some hair dye when actually grey and white hair is special. It's your crown of achievement. You are lucky that you made it this far in your life. People who have been taken out of this life earlier than they should have would give anything to grow old. The ability to look back on their life and every struggle they were able to overcome and every celebration they were lucky enough to be a part of. But not everyone is blessed with a long life and is given the ability to reflect on their life because some are taken away too soon and too quickly. The gray hair is a badge of honor that not everyone gets to wear. I personally look forward to looking like this.

GREY IS BEAUTIFUL
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:35:11 PM by KitKat » Logged
ChirpingGirl
Burnt at the stake

Fame 462

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 02:09:18 AM »

I learned my daughter thinks I'm the most immature person she knows, but she loves that about me.  facepalm

Baby girl seems to forget mommy not only pays for everything she has, but owns everything she has.  Cheesy

What in cousin-fuckin’ tarnation Alabama Betty Crocker Miss fuckin' Betty White shit is this?
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 882

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 06:51:02 PM »

OMG......!!!!!

Love,
Liz

You should have been born a blonde, Liz.  We somehow are lucky and don't get any gray hairs.  Now giving others gray hairs is another story.  Grin

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
KitKat
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 06:52:25 PM »

I learned my daughter thinks I'm the most immature person she knows, but she loves that about me.  facepalm

Baby girl seems to forget mommy not only pays for everything she has, but owns everything she has.  Cheesy

You immature? No way. Wink
ChirpingGirl
Burnt at the stake

Fame 462

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2017, 07:29:08 PM »

Cheesy

JBRG
Freakishly Strange

Fame 121

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2017, 04:09:13 AM »

I learned that Matt Dumba of the Minnesota Wild is the first player of Filipino descent in the NHL.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: