KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

What did you learn today TIL

MintJulie · 106371

Offline Sweetums

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +97/-1
  • Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Don't listen to me.
Reply #1720 on: March 19, 2021, 05:15:30 PM
I've lived practically my whole life in the bay area of California but moved last year (yes, during the pandemic) to the west coast of Florida. Yesterday I saw a bird that looked like a bluebird, which is a common bird in California, except instead of blue, it was bright red. I unearthed from some deep cavity of my brain today "could this be a cardinal?" Sure enough, it was a cardinal. I'd never seen one before.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1319/-3
Reply #1721 on: March 19, 2021, 05:41:15 PM
Indeed, that's a Cardinal. They apparently have been introduced to Southern California and Hawaii. They don't migrate, staying year round near their home area. In the spring, you'll hear males singing their mating call, trying to attract a female and warn other males that the area has been claimed.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2955/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #1722 on: March 19, 2021, 06:58:59 PM
Neighbors across the street have sunflowers so we have cardinals around us all the time.  I think they mate for life.  I throw some sun flower seeds out every so often.  Think there are some who nest around by our lilac bushes.

_priapism

Reply #1723 on: March 21, 2021, 12:38:22 AM
In order to cool themselves down, pelicans  will sit with their mouths open, so that their insides will cool down as well as their outsides. They call this gular flutter and in extreme cases of overheating they will pull up their spine. This is the same mechanic they use to yawn which is also really crazy to watch.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 12:43:26 AM by ToeinH2O »

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1724 on: March 21, 2021, 02:59:57 AM
 :o
Well I'm just gonna go ahead and slide that right over into the Nope nope nope nope thread.

0vomit0

Offline Clitical Thinking

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +431/-17
Reply #1725 on: March 21, 2021, 07:28:57 PM
I was reading male grackles like to compete for female attention by throwing their head back so that their beaks point straight up into the air. The winner is the male grackle that can hold his head the highest and keep it up the longest. I wonder if there are any little blue pills for that..  :emot_laughing:

[/img]

_priapism

Reply #1726 on: March 25, 2021, 12:58:26 AM

Offline staci

• KB Pervert of the Year 2023
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1841/-28
Reply #1727 on: March 25, 2021, 04:51:40 PM
That a previous KB member, SidDella or Sid or maybe Ella, is celebrating a 102nd birthday today making him/her the oldest known pervert to date.

Woo.

one of the originals

_priapism

Reply #1728 on: March 27, 2021, 05:49:53 AM

Offline purpleshoes

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +431/-10
Reply #1729 on: March 27, 2021, 12:50:28 PM
That a previous KB member, SidDella or Sid or maybe Ella, is celebrating a 102nd birthday today making him/her the oldest known pervert to date.

Woo.

According to his profile Brody is way older than that.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1610/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1730 on: March 29, 2021, 02:42:50 AM
That the United States has only 4% of the world population but 40% of the guns.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1605/-3
Reply #1731 on: March 29, 2021, 06:03:50 PM

That members of the flat earth society are even more screwy than I had imagined.

On reflection I guess it's logical that they consider all the moon landings were faked.  Other crazy facts that I didn't know from this video interview
1) All space exploration is faked, including the ISS
2) The south pole doesn't exist
3) Antarctica is a wall preventing us from going off the edge
4) Every proof that the earth is round is just another conspiracy

The interviewers didn't press him hard enough though.  My conclusion is that the interviewee doesn't really believe it himself and is maintaining his ridicuous position for the sake of notoriety.

Back to pervert mode, this is KB after all.  The lady interviewer is Holly Willoughby,  I may have posted an image or two of her in another thread  ;D

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1732 on: April 02, 2021, 01:48:34 PM
That women are apparently too delicate to play the strenuous sport of baseball.  At least this is according to the "great" Babe Ruth.

On April 2nd 1931 the Yankees would play a class AA team called the Chattanooga Lookouts in an exhibition match. Virne Beatrice "Jackie" Mitchell Gilbert, was one of the first female pitchers in professional baseball history, was brought out in the first inning after starting pitcher gave up a double and a single.

Seventeen your old Jackie Mitchell was to immediately face off against Babe Ruth. After the first pitch was a low sinker, and called a ball, Babe Ruth swung and missed on the next two pitches.  The finally pitch, Babe watched it go high left and was called a strike.  Babe Ruth glared and verbally abused the umpire before being led away by his teammates to sit to wait for another batting turn. The crowd roared for Jackie. Next up was "the Iron Horse" Lou Gehrig, who swung through the first three pitches to strike out after which Jackie Mitchell became famous for striking out two of the greatest baseball players in history.

Later Babe Ruth was quoted as saying "I don't know what's going to happen if they begin to let women in baseball. Of course, they will never make good. Why? Because they are too delicate. It would kill them to play ball every day".

A few days after Mitchell struck out Ruth and Gehrig, baseball commissioner Kenesaw Mountain Landis voided her contract declaring women unfit to play baseball as the game was "too strenuous."  She continued to play professionally with a team called the House of David.  A team famous for it's long hair and beards.  She would sometimes wear a fake beard as a gimmick.  She retired from baseball at the age of 23 after her story of striking out "two of the greats" became more of a sideshow than baseball history.  People would asked her to pitch while riding donkeys and such so she closed the book on baseball and refused to come out of retirement when the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League formed in 1943.  She did pitch one more time in her life, and that was to throw the ceremonial first pitch for the Chattanooga Lookouts on their season opener in 1982.

Why was this not a movie on it's own.  Or at least mentioned in a League of their Own?

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1733 on: April 04, 2021, 10:45:13 PM
Sitting on the front step with both cats enjoying a beautiful day. Neighbor two doors down came out his gate with their dog. Behind him was his partner...pushing a baby carriage. :emot_weird:
OK, haven't seen much of any of the neighbors what with winter and Covid restrictions, so I shouldn't have been too surprised. They had talked of not wanting kids. Things change. :D
I yelled at 'em once I got over initial shock and met them on the walk. Little Theo is only a week and a half old.

Wonder what other new surprises the neighborhood has to offer as people begin to come out of hibernation.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1734 on: April 08, 2021, 07:17:56 PM
That the number of billionaires grew by 30% last year, during the pandemic.  Never let a crisis go to waste, said our millionaire ex-mayor.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1761/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #1735 on: April 09, 2021, 06:57:05 PM
I had to go into work a couple days this week. And lo and behold, one of the people I interacted with on Tuesday called in this morning reporting she tested positive for Covid. So here I sit outside a clinic waiting for them to let Dan and I in to get rapid tested.  FML.  I should have stayed in Utah

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1736 on: April 09, 2021, 07:15:46 PM
I had to go into work a couple days this week. And lo and behold, one of the people I interacted with on Tuesday called in this morning reporting she tested positive for Covid. So here I sit outside a clinic waiting for them to let Dan and I in to get rapid tested.  FML.  I should have stayed in Utah
Fingers crossed that you both test negative.

_priapism

Reply #1737 on: April 09, 2021, 10:35:17 PM

Booooo... 🙏🙏🙏

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1738 on: April 09, 2021, 11:10:37 PM

You will okay.  8)

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #1739 on: April 09, 2021, 11:15:23 PM
Hoping it comes out negative for you.  :emot_kiss: