KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Erotica Writers Become Extremely Horny While Writing  (Read 1655 times)
Meatbot
Total freak

Fame 113

Just a bored old fart who writes shit.

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 04:50:30 AM »

Horny is just too distracting for me and I cannot write. 

I'm the same way. It doesn't seem to make any difference what my "state of mind" or where my libido is when I write. If I'm in the mood, I write. If I'm not I don't. And I'm totally linear, I start at the beginning and end at the end. But I edit like mad, I don't post anything until I've read through it five or six times for grammar errors and things that don't fit or make sense. Some stuff I'm still editing three or four years later. That's about the only reason I re-read anything, to check for yet more errors. And it's amazing what I find, years later even.

'bot

------------------ My stories ------------------
http://www.kristensboard.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=26255
Johnny Johnson
Degenerate

Fame 26

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 07:05:33 AM »

Horny is just too distracting for me and I cannot write. 

I'm the same way. It doesn't seem to make any difference what my "state of mind" or where my libido is when I write. If I'm in the mood, I write. If I'm not I don't. And I'm totally linear, I start at the beginning and end at the end. But I edit like mad, I don't post anything until I've read through it five or six times for grammar errors and things that don't fit or make sense. Some stuff I'm still editing three or four years later. That's about the only reason I re-read anything, to check for yet more errors. And it's amazing what I find, years later even.

'bot

One of the best tip I received if you are playing editor after writing a story, first always put the story away for at least a month before you look at it again.  This allows your mind to forget the words used.  Read it to soon and your mind  remembers what you intended and autocorrects errors.  If you make major changes then again put it up for a few weeks before reading it again.

Always use spell checkers and grammar checkers.
IdleBoast
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 482

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2017, 12:36:18 PM »

I'm having to write my latest story in chunks (just added another couple of paragraphs), because the whole thing is just too distracting.

I don't know if people like what I've done so far (well, I know one person likes it!), but it is actually becoming a personal fantasy revelation...

Go on, ask me - I might say yes...
All the pictures I post here, plus extras that I haven't: http://idleboast.imgur.com, http://idleboast.tumblr.com
herschel
Freakishly Strange

Fame 213

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2017, 04:29:04 PM »

IB, you can add me to the list of those who like it. I'm in complete sympathy with your struggle to make progress with your story, but I hope you will see it through.
KitKat
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 11:30:41 PM »

So many of you have written but never posted. Let's get those stories done and out.  Grin
badcorps187
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 12:03:11 AM »

So many of you have written but never posted. Let's get those stories done and out.  Grin

I usually write to/about a specific girl
Jed_
Freakishly Strange

Fame 147

I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2017, 08:10:14 PM »

So many of you have written but never posted. Let's get those stories done and out.  Grin

I haven’t posted here yet for two reasons.  I have my own site for my stories, but lately the only reason is the rules.  I put a disclaimer that mentions what I think is important to warn people of with some exceptions.  Sometimes clearly indicating content ruins any reader surprise.  We all know what kind of sites these are, and they are posted in sections you shouldn’t be reading in if you’re that sensitive of a soul.  And those story codes, fuck, it was easier for codebreakers in London (who were Polish I might add) to break the Nazi Enigma code than it is to figure out those story codes.

That rant stated, I get aroused far more from writing these days and mulling over ideas than I do from reading.  I read less than I should, especially being a story mod elsewhere.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 08:40:20 PM by Jed_ » Logged
Hades
Total freak

Fame 78

Despite of it all, still an aspiring decent person

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2017, 10:01:13 PM »

I'm a f'ing slow writer.  So much so that my 'mind' is usually one or two stories ahead of my Word documents...
It totally is a bitch Sad

I do get off from them from time to time, but not while writing them... More like 'inventing' them...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:07:16 PM by Hades » Logged

Don't ask me.
I'm just as clueless about life as you are.
Army of One
Total freak

Fame 63

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2017, 08:53:32 AM »

I'm a f'ing slow writer.  So much so that my 'mind' is usually one or two stories ahead of my Word documents...

I do get off from them from time to time, but not while writing them... More like 'inventing' them...
I totally know what you mean, although I'm equally the procrastinating writer, partly because I'm too busy boning one off to all my story ideas. Like, I currently have four in my mind: two continuations, a "commission" of sorts, and a new one.

Which reminds me...
psiberzerker
Burnt at the stake

Fame 129

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2019, 09:02:28 PM »

Well, there's also the flip-side of this.  We may write to get turned on, or we can also write because we're horny, as a sexual outlet.  I do both, but on here, in the morning, I generally wake up horny, masturbate with my partner, then write until I lose the mood.

Do you understand Zen?
Eric The Red
Pervert

Fame 16

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2019, 07:46:28 PM »

I totally feel you on that.
I have about half a dozen unfinished stories, four that I'm currently working on, and more then a dozen other ideas kicking around inside my head.
Doesn't seem to be letting up either.
In fact I just got a new idea this morning that is just too delicious not to write.

My feeling is that if you aren't getting at least a little aroused while writing sex scenes then it's pretty crummy erotica.
When I get hot while writing I kind of lean into it.
I try to craft my words in a way that turns me on even more because that's where I want to take my readers.
The closest thing I can compare it to is edging.
If I don't stain my boxers with precum I feel like I'm not doing my job correctly.
This seems to work for me, but mine isn't the only way to go, and I would never tell another writer that their method is somehow wrong.
If it works for you then go that way, but I know what works for me.
psiberzerker
Burnt at the stake

Fame 129

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2019, 08:10:21 PM »

I have about half a dozen unfinished stories, four that I'm currently working on, and more then a dozen other ideas kicking around inside my head.

Jesus, this isn't a contest, but I have more than that just in Alternate Reality alone!

Do you understand Zen?
Eric The Red
Pervert

Fame 16

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2019, 10:56:38 PM »

Jesus, this isn't a contest, but I have more than that just in Alternate Reality alone!
No, it isn't a contest, but just to be clear all of these stories are in what I call active memory, which is to say they're all set in my head and I've but to write them.
For instance this idea I had this morning is already set in my head, but I don't follow up every idea because there are just too many.
And this is just erotica we're talking about.
psiberzerker
Burnt at the stake

Fame 129

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2019, 11:05:08 PM »

For instance this idea I had this morning is already set in my head, but I don't follow up every idea because there are just too many.  And this is just erotica we're talking about.

You multi-task too?  I mean, you can work on multiple stories at once, and keep them separate in your head, instead of time-sharing.  (Also called "Multi-tasking" in computer processing, but now that we have other computers than Amigas with parallel processors, they don't use Pseudo-sequential task switching as much as actual multi-tasking in parallel.)

I actually started out a Fantasy/Scifi/Horror writer, but figured out pretty early on that I can get more views in Erotic story sites.  (Like ASSTR before that crashed, and Usenets before that.)  Honestly, any story can be an "Erotic" story, you just have to add a sex scene to it.  However, it helps to put in at least Sexual tention/Nudity at the beginning to catch their interest, if they came for an Erotic Story.  If you spend too much time on say Worldbuilding before someone at least takes their clothes off, they'll lose interest, and find a More erotic story fairly quickly.

Do you understand Zen?
seveninchblues
Degenerate

Fame 10

Mental illness is overrated...

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2019, 09:07:02 PM »

I find that a good story is, in and of itself, a suspenseful adventure for both the author and reader, and isn't that much like sex?  If you know exactly what is going to happen it's not exciting at all.  But if you let your emotions guide you, oh wow...

What is it about the truth that some people take it to be too much while others believe it is not enough?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: