• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
on: October 26, 2009, 03:05:14 AM

Offline avid_reader

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +8/-0
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 08:41:33 AM
Neat..although some of the photoshop effects were creepy.  But what a great subject  ;D

Offline larissa

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +122/-13
  • Pervert of the Month award - Nov 08
    • figuring it out
Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 03:29:49 PM
Emily - I LOVED the daily photos of a healthy cervix site. Should be compulsory viewing, i think, for all grown women!! I never realised a) just how much a cervix looks like the tip of a penis and b) how beautiful it is. Even the shots that could be considered to be rather icky, that show menstrual blood flow, or when she's ovulating and there's lots of egg white cervical fluid, or even the shots that shows before and after intercourse.. they're all beautiful.

I thought i was unusual in actually having a photo of my cervix - its one that was taken years ago, with a very old (and not very good) digital camera. MMmm. might ask N if i can post here or on that site..

thanks - very very thought provoking!

lari
xx

make "...no apologetic nature for one’s own sexuality..." (said by paper hearts).. truer words never spoken.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1611/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 05:01:11 PM
Thank you, Emily, for the class in vulvology. Love those up close and personal classes.  Is a "hands on" workshop next? ;D

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Redhead01

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +20/-8
Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 06:14:23 PM
oh.....my..........god.......... 0vomit0

A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Offline insatiable

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +557/-2
  • Insatiably Insatiable.
Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 07:38:20 PM

Will teach you not to go and look into every thread with pussy word in it.  :emot_laughing:

Something about something by someone important.

Offline celticfeline

• Ceridwen
  • Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +209/-24
  • meeeeeeeeeow
Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 11:00:56 PM

Will teach you not to go and look into every thread with pussy word in it.  :emot_laughing:

laughs and then goes back and starts studying all over again...

SEX KITTENS OF THE WORLD UNITE!

Offline larissa

• Total freak
    • figuring it out
Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 12:09:59 AM
Well N gave permission for me to post it.. Red: look away now... :D

Enjoy, guys.. :D

:emot_kiss:

lari
xx

make "...no apologetic nature for one’s own sexuality..." (said by paper hearts).. truer words never spoken.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 12:58:37 AM
Emily - I LOVED the daily photos of a healthy cervix site. Should be compulsory viewing, i think, for all grown women!! I never realised a) just how much a cervix looks like the tip of a penis and b) how beautiful it is. Even the shots that could be considered to be rather icky, that show menstrual blood flow, or when she's ovulating and there's lots of egg white cervical fluid, or even the shots that shows before and after intercourse.. they're all beautiful.

I thought i was unusual in actually having a photo of my cervix - its one that was taken years ago, with a very old (and not very good) digital camera. MMmm. might ask N if i can post here or on that site..

thanks - very very thought provoking!

lari
xx

Glad you liked it.  Here is a picture of mine.  It looks very nice in my opinion - lol!  And yes it looks just like the head of a penis, and if you'd been born a male it would be the head of your penis!  It's the wash of hormones while in the womb that makes you develop into male or female as i understand it.  If you get the male hormones the whole vagina drops outside of the body and becomes a penis.  This is most likely a bit of over-simplification.  I'm sure someone like Avatar of Truth could give you much more detail on how it works.

Offline celticfeline

• Ceridwen
  • Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +209/-24
  • meeeeeeeeeow
Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 01:53:30 AM
Actually Em from what i understand the clitoris would have been the head of the penis...the outer labia become the scrotum...early on fetuses have what is called something along the lines of a non-something(can't remember the word) penis or as i just found a genital tuber.    But i agree totally the cervix looks a lot like the head of a penis.  ok geek celtic signing off lol...but anyways if interested in the site i just found here it is...shows the development of genitals in stages.

http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

SEX KITTENS OF THE WORLD UNITE!

Offline larissa

• Total freak
    • figuring it out
Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 03:00:14 AM
I was going to say (but my mother sidetracked me.. talking to your ultra-conservative blue-rinse mother at the same time as posting sex stuff on KB is so NOT a good idea.. far too much opportunity for putting the wrong thing in the wrong window!!) ... yep, the clitoris is the equivalent to the head of the penis.. in fact, from what i understand, the same tissue that's present in the penis that fills with blood to make it erect is present in women too - it just loops back around the base of the womb - which is part of why when we get those lovely clitoral AND vaginal orgasms it feels so bloody amazing... anyway. i digress.

From what i understand, all foetuses, gentially speaking, start out female, or at least, the basic sort of assumption is geared towards being female. As you said, Emily, there's a massive injection of hormones at one point - testosterone - that triggers the process towards making a foetus male as opposed to a female. No testosterone = baby girl. Testosterone = baby boy. Which always fascinates me... Still, there has to be something in the cervix looking so much like the head of a penis. Maybe its momma nature not liking to waste the code for something? who knows, but she's surely a wonderous lady.. :D

And BTW, Emily, you have a lovely, lovely cervix.. thank you for sharing! (and that's not a sentence i thought i'd ever say.. LOL)

lari
xx

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 08:41:11 AM
I dunno about the clit being THE head of the penis.  I mean I can believe that the clit gets incorporated into the cervix to become the head of the penis.  I mean just look at the cervix!  It looks just like the head of a penis.  Seeing is believing.

My clit sure does not look like a head of a penis.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 08:44:07 AM by Emily »

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1611/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 01:56:18 PM
I dunno about the clit being THE head of the penis.  I mean I can believe that the clit gets incorporated into the cervix to become the head of the penis.  I mean just look at the cervix!  It looks just like the head of a penis.  Seeing is believing.

Emily, can I take a look and give a second opinion?  ;D

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline larissa

• Total freak
    • figuring it out
Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 02:11:05 PM

no they definitely don't, do they? I know the nerve endings that are found on the head of the penis are incorporated into the clit. Maybe, with boys, when that testosterone surge hits, the recipe that would build the cervix gets joined to the recipe that builds the clitoris to make the penis.. ? lotsa ifs n buts n funny science there but i kinda like that idea.. that men are a fudging together of the bits that women have. I mean.. you wouldn't want all the nerve endings that are on the penis/clit to be stuck inside the body where it doesn't do much good, would you? (its bad enough if you've got a guy who is a bit too big banging against your cervix). i have to say too.. this explains why the clit is such a powerful thing for its size. we've got, in that relatively small area, the same kind of nerve endings that are present in the whole of a penis's head in men... :D

lari
xx

Offline Liam Smoot

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +32/-0
  • horny or not I love to get hot
Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 06:35:38 PM
Dear Emily, Lari and watcher.  All y'all are so damned interesting, i love it.
..Ah.Emily ..is the gonna be a quiz..what?  I raise my hand to sign up for the lab work..Do I get to choose my own partner?  And who is ure lab assistant..?
so many questions..so little time...

Offline Kopmatt09

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +15/-9
Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 06:49:08 PM

I'm with you there redhead. I'm not normally squeamish, but I think I'm a bit of a lightweight looking at those pictures!

Interestingly, I had a discussion with my flatmate the other day about what happens when a woman has a sex change into a man, and apparently they construct the penis on the site of the clitoris, so I presume that this would be the position of the penis if a woman was born a man (if you understand what I mean?).

Lari, from my understanding, boys dont produce testosterone until the testes have been produced. From my limited biology, I think what determines the sex of a child is whether the X or the Y gene from the father or the mother dominates. If the maternal gene dominates, then the child will be a girl, if the male gene dominates then the child will be a boy.

I think the fact that the cervix and the head of the penis is merely coincidental, but what do I know? I'm sure there are many more knowledgable people here that will correct me.

Offline larissa

• Total freak
    • figuring it out
Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 07:08:48 PM
Lari, from my understanding, boys dont produce testosterone until the testes have been produced. From my limited biology, I think what determines the sex of a child is whether the X or the Y gene from the father or the mother dominates. If the maternal gene dominates, then the child will be a girl, if the male gene dominates then the child will be a boy.

Matt - you're probably right about boys not producing testosterone until the testes have been produced. But in this case, in the womb, the testosterone surge isn't produced by the testes. I'm not sure if its the mother or the placenta or some other part of the developing foetus, but that surge is basically triggered by the fact that the Y gene is present. It is possible (rare, but possible) for someone to be XY or XX genetically but to have the apparent gender of the opposite. For example, with an XY foetus, the testosterone surge doesn't happen, so the child develops as a girl, or an XX foetus, the testosterone surge mistakenly happens, or something similar happens, and the child develops as a boy. Its also possible (again, rare) for someone to be XXY. If i remember correctly there was a case a few years ago where a woman competing in a sport was subsequently discovered (and even she didn't know) to be genetically male, and of course, there's the recent hoo-ha with that other female athlete...

And then, there's the whole thing of being transgendered, which is still not really understood, something to do with the brain, and then there's the intersex - those who have the genital attributes of both genders (and some tragic mistakes were made in the past where a baby was born intersex, had surgery to make them one gender, but the brain turned out to want the opposite gender so had to go through surgery all over again to make them the proper gender). The whole issue of gender really isn't as simple as many people think it is.

lari
xx

Offline Kopmatt09

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +15/-9
Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 02:18:25 AM

Matt - you're probably right about boys not producing testosterone until the testes have been produced. But in this case, in the womb, the testosterone surge isn't produced by the testes. I'm not sure if its the mother or the placenta or some other part of the developing foetus, but that surge is basically triggered by the fact that the Y gene is present. It is possible (rare, but possible) for someone to be XY or XX genetically but to have the apparent gender of the opposite. For example, with an XY foetus, the testosterone surge doesn't happen, so the child develops as a girl, or an XX foetus, the testosterone surge mistakenly happens, or something similar happens, and the child develops as a boy. Its also possible (again, rare) for someone to be XXY. If i remember correctly there was a case a few years ago where a woman competing in a sport was subsequently discovered (and even she didn't know) to be genetically male, and of course, there's the recent hoo-ha with that other female athlete...

And then, there's the whole thing of being transgendered, which is still not really understood, something to do with the brain, and then there's the intersex - those who have the genital attributes of both genders (and some tragic mistakes were made in the past where a baby was born intersex, had surgery to make them one gender, but the brain turned out to want the opposite gender so had to go through surgery all over again to make them the proper gender). The whole issue of gender really isn't as simple as many people think it is.

lari
xx

I bow to your wisdom oh oracle :P

Offline Grm

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +456/-117
  • Goodbye KB
Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 12:03:52 PM
I always wanted to be a gynaecologist.

Offline Dusty1961

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +19/-0
  • Real Boobs Rock!
Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 07:17:15 PM
I always wanted to be a gynaecologist.

See, now I couldn't do that job. Think about it for a minute - you come home from a long day at work and the wife is feeling a bit frisky. "Honey, I swear, if I see one more today..."

Nahhhh - it would take all the fun out of it.

I'm the one your mother warned you about...