KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TOR Browser  (Read 1150 times)
HppyHrryHrdn
Degenerate

Fame 22

« on: June 10, 2017, 03:47:49 AM »

I am trying to switch to using a TOR browser. But for some reason the site comes back as my IP is blacklisted.  I was wondering is there a reason for this.  I would like to go to the alternate browser for purposes of guaranteeing no government sponsored tracking can ever be done.  Call me paranoid but sometimes it can be a good thing.

I am everywhere. I am inside each and every single one of you. Just look in and I will be there waving out at ya, naked wearing only a cock ring.
Cats Whiskers
Total freak

Fame 88

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 04:46:12 PM »

Whilst I'm no expert in using TOR I do know that you can change "circuits" to change your IP address to an alternative - TOR will automatically attempt to reload the site and if it fails, all you have to do it to change again -- eventually you'll find an IP that will let you view the site.

Sadly you will have to do this every time you want to use KB and it can will become frustrating.

Total pervert here - (almost) nothing is taboo. My stories can be found on my profile.
HppyHrryHrdn
Degenerate

Fame 22

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 05:48:39 PM »

Thanks, i guess sometimes we have to go the extra mile to make sure of anonymity.

I am everywhere. I am inside each and every single one of you. Just look in and I will be there waving out at ya, naked wearing only a cock ring.
RopeFiend
The Cleaner
Super Freak
Freakishly Strange

Fame 508

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 07:14:16 PM »

Yeah, I've blacklisted a handful of the TOR exit nodes 'cos we kept getting Russian hack attempts through them.  Since TOR doesn't respond to internet abuse reports, they're out.  I haven't blacklisted ALL of the exit nodes, only the ones with obvious hack attempts.  Since 99.9% of our users and guests don't use TOR, it's nothing I'm likely to change (the ban) without approval from Lois.  The site security comes first.

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I'll do you (paraphrased)
HppyHrryHrdn
Degenerate

Fame 22

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 12:17:37 AM »

I understand hackers use TOR for the same reason i would like to. ake i difficult to race who you are.  thanks for the explanation.

Newspeak
New Pervert

Fame 0

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 08:08:42 PM »

TOR will only survive when there are more benevolent volunteers than malevolent hackers working on the system. Because the exit node can see the real message, it may be possible to set up a firewall rule on the exit nodes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: