KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

What was the last thing you watched? Movie & TV Edition

Guest · 51125

_priapism

Reply #220 on: June 08, 2019, 06:01:58 PM
Anyone seen this History Channel show called “The Butcher”?  It’s kind of like “Forged in Fire” except it is carving meat rather than making a blade.  So you wouldn’t think carving a side of beef, making sausage, or ostrich steaks could be entertaining; however, I’m actually learning a lot about how to properly prepare meat and what to look for in cuts.  Great show.

psiberzerker

Reply #221 on: June 08, 2019, 06:23:54 PM
Ant Man, and The Wasp.  I liked it!  Evangeline Lilly (And her CGI Stunt Double) is still badass in that role.

_priapism

Reply #223 on: June 10, 2019, 06:51:16 AM
Everything is Illuminated.  One of my favorites.  Always gets me.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1762/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #224 on: June 10, 2019, 01:20:34 PM
Tony Awards

Then, when I couldn't sleep at 2:30 am, hopped on youtube tv for some David Muir.  I don't know if Dan is more jealous of Toe or David Muir.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

psiberzerker

Reply #225 on: June 10, 2019, 06:06:49 PM
Captain America: The Winter Soldier, again.  Getting back to my slashfic (it's in Alternate Reality.  Since nobody seems to look there...)  In all 20 MCU movies I've seen so far (Still haven't caught Captain marvel, nor Endgame) that's still the best.  Hands down, not even a close second.  To me, because it's not a Superhero movie.  Yeah, it's a superspy/soldier/assassin movie, but the most high-tech element is the Santesteban cyberarm.  (Okay, I guessed.  That's the closest match in the Chrome Books.)  No rage monsters gaining 4 times his mass from nowhere, no flying, and shooting lazerbeams from their eyes, it's somewhat grounded in reality.  (With Ice Axes?)

_priapism

Reply #226 on: June 10, 2019, 07:12:11 PM
I can’t watch Marvel or really any superhero film (exception:  Guardians of the Galaxy).  The pace is too frantic, too many explosions and special effects, and the body count is too high.

I guess that officially makes me old, but I absolutely get a headache if the kids put on one of those movies.  I like complex dialogue, character development, exploration of emotions and philosophical themes.  Yeah, you can put those on the superheroes and compare them to Greek and Roman gods, but to me it’s just so much predictable formulaic drivel designed to separate people from their money.

I am in no way criticizing you Psi.  It’s just what I experience from my perspective.  Like I said, I’m getting older now.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 01:13:53 AM by ToeinH20 »

Online MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3088/-41
Reply #227 on: June 10, 2019, 07:28:56 PM

I can’t watch Marvel or really any superhero film (exception:  Guardians of the Galaxy).  The pace is too frantic, too many explosions and special effects, and the body count is too high.

My nephews and I have a tradition of watching movies together when I come to town for a visit, so I've watched most of these movies with them.

The problem I have with them is that the body count isn't high enough. It's not that I like to see bodies piling up, it's just that when watching these movies, you know that the good guys are not going to die, or even get seriously injured (avoiding spoilers). They smash the crap out of each other, and no one's the worse for wear. Even when Thanos snapped his fingers and half the population in the universe "died," you knew they were only kinda dead, and that they'd all be back.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

psiberzerker

Reply #228 on: June 10, 2019, 08:01:15 PM
I like complex dialogue, character development, exploration of emotions and philosophical themes...

Likewise, I'm not trying to turn you around, but CA: TWS has that.  Most of the Marvel movies do to some degree, but to me, this isn't a Space Opera.  There's not a single Infinity Stone.  Just have to point that out, the overarching theme that ties the rest of the Universe together?

They don't even mention a single Infinity Stone.  This is an exception, it's more focused on the relationship between Steve, and Nat.  There's more Dialog between them than all of the Action setpeices.  They have those too, and you're right.  It's edited like a Bourne/Taken Movie, they just didn't know any other way to shoot let's say Black Widow's fighting style, and make it believable until Matthew Vaugn showed them how in "Not that kinda movie, bruv."

Guardians are what they are.  Entertaining, but even with a planet about to be annihilated by a big blue grumpy face, and a purple glowy super rock, they cut that tension with a "Danceoff, bro!"  The mcguffin is a flash drive, not a magic rock.  They're fighting over Information, personal information, on everyone that could be a threat.  "No more secrets."

There's none of that, In The Winter Soldier.  It's more like Sneakers.  Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 08:06:28 PM by psiberzerker »

_priapism

Reply #229 on: June 10, 2019, 08:04:28 PM

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #230 on: June 10, 2019, 10:16:59 PM
I don’t care much for superhero movies.  Why?  Well, because I’m an adult (last time I said that I got a snippy response from guess who?).

I need my SciFi to be somewhat believable, then I love it.  I can even tolerate a little magic of the Tolkien or GoT varieties, but something like Harry Potter is just stupid.

And now I hear you have to be a dedicated watcher of the whole Marvel Universe to even know what’s going on.  I’ll pass.

That’s not to say I won’t be coerced into watching these things.  That happens.  I usually get bored and my hands start roaming.  But then there’s a growl, and my hands get slapped followed by protests of she’s watching the movie.

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #231 on: June 11, 2019, 12:10:53 AM
I don’t care much for superhero movies.  Why?  Well, because I’m an adult (last time I said that I got a snippy response from guess who?).

I need my SciFi to be somewhat believable, then I love it.  I can even tolerate a little magic of the Tolkien or GoT varieties, but something like Harry Potter is just stupid.

Unfortunately this isn't 1408.

I'm sure glad your use of free time is better than mine.

#Resist
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:19:56 AM by Athos_131 »

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

psiberzerker

Reply #232 on: June 11, 2019, 12:23:19 AM
Unfortunately this isn't 1408.

Then what's the argument?  This is Movies, and TV.  So, we're talking about Movies, and TV.  Odd that you know where you aren't, but completely ignore where you are.

There wasn't a fight, before you showed up to troll.  Let's keep it that way.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #233 on: June 11, 2019, 04:20:38 AM
Holy crap, I agree with psi.  :emot_weird:

But anyway, I just watched flight of the navigator with my "new" 5 year old. She loved it.  ;D

It's just too bad the kid in it robbed a bank. But she doesn't need to know that.

And she's been humming I get around. Which is sooooo cute.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BchXkabxn4A

Offline Supersoftball

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +17/-16
  • Blue Lives Matter!
Reply #234 on: June 29, 2019, 11:36:41 PM
Killing Eve, Happy, and The Chi, three of the best shows on TV.

Bass Reeves<br /><br />\"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.\"

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #235 on: June 29, 2019, 11:42:13 PM
A 1960 episode of Bonanza with a 22 year old Stella Stevens playing a deaf girl with brutish men trying to have their way with her.

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #236 on: July 05, 2019, 12:11:16 AM

Apollo 11 (2019)

I'd been saving it for today... I figured it made a good celebration for the 4th of July.   :emot_cheerlead:

They did a great job of coloring it, as a lot of the footage from back then was in B&W.  I didn't see anything that made me anything other than nostalgic.  It's a sterling documentary.

I was 10 years old when we first landed on the Moon, and yeah, OF COURSE we watched everything on TV along with about 100 million other Americans (and a bunch of you funny foreigners, as well!)  :D

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

ChirpingGirl

Reply #237 on: July 09, 2019, 04:44:41 AM
The shining starring Jim Carrey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG_NZpkttXE

psiberzerker

Reply #238 on: July 09, 2019, 02:07:37 PM
Great Shelly Long lookalike!

:emot_laughing:

That was a joke

Penn&Teller: Fool US
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 02:27:38 PM by psiberzerker »

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1762/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #239 on: July 18, 2019, 09:40:07 PM

The Best of Enemies.

Taraji P. Henson's character is a civil rights activist.  She fights for school integration in North Carolina in 1971.  She and the local KKK leader are put together by a mediator.

A good movie, not great.   I love Taraji Henson.  I also love the other star, Sam Rockwell, but his character makes you not like him in this film.  

So sad that times were like that though.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016