KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What was the last thing you watched? Movie & TV Edition  (Read 7926 times)
MintJulie
Version 9.6
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 692

Madame Sheriff

« Reply #360 on: May 11, 2020, 02:59:55 AM »

We are watching The Last Dance, Sunday nights on ESPN.  Michael Jordan and the Bulls’ run for NBA title number 6.  It’s really a retrospective of the entire Michael Jordan era, in ten installments.  Very well done, entertaining, and informative.

We watched through Eps 3 so far.   The Detroit Pistons portion "Bad Boys" era.   They shed them in a bad light.   The NBA are the ones that marketed them the Bad Boys.

We'll watch more when we Dan feels like it.  I have enjoyed it.  He's so good. Very interesting inside look at the Chicago team.

watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 831

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #361 on: May 24, 2020, 06:31:48 PM »

Casablanca was on last night. Hard not to rewatch this movie over and over. It has to have the most movie quotes of all time.

A naughty thought is a terrible thing to waste
ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 687

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #362 on: May 24, 2020, 09:52:17 PM »

Godfather III.  I’ve waited six months for the DVR to catch it... and Sofia Coppola.

ObiDongKenobi
Freakishly Strange

Fame 377

« Reply #363 on: May 25, 2020, 05:32:58 PM »

Shown under the title of "Chappaquiddick" on UK TV but I believe it has been retitled "The Senator"

I remember the incident happening but never new there was such a discrepancy between Mary Jo Kopechne's death and Ted Kennedy's survival.

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 831

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #364 on: June 04, 2020, 04:18:10 PM »

Rocketman  - the Elton John story. His music and Bernie Taupin's lyrics could not ease the pain in his life that began at a very early age. Glad to see he has been sober for 28 years and that Taupin and him has never had an argument in 50 years.

MintJulie
Version 9.6
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 692

Madame Sheriff

« Reply #365 on: June 04, 2020, 06:33:30 PM »

Rocketman  - the Elton John story. His music and Bernie Taupin's lyrics could not ease the pain in his life that began at a very early age. Glad to see he has been sober for 28 years and that Taupin and him has never had an argument in 50 years.

Loved it.   So happy he turned his life around.  I love EJ

watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 831

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #366 on: June 04, 2020, 06:58:51 PM »

Loved it.   So happy he turned his life around.  I love EJ
[/quote

I thought of you when, early in the movie, after he was selected to attend the Royal School of Music, the piano teacher asked him to play something. He played what she was playing when he entered the auditorium. When she asked him why he stopped, he replied because that was where you stopped. A piano prodigy.

tagjohnson
New Pervert

Fame 3

HP Lovecraft, my favorite theologian

« Reply #367 on: June 06, 2020, 08:40:32 AM »

I’m binge watching Criminal Minds while on lockdown.

SyFyChannelSucks at Yahoo Groups
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 831

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #368 on: June 13, 2020, 02:28:15 PM »

Watched Spike Lee's premiere on Netflix last night of Da 5 Bloods. Story plot was kind of far fetched but Lee did intersperse, throughout the movie, important historical facts on Black Americans and their contribution to America.

Bloods refer to Black soldiers during the Vietnam War. Most would use an intricate handshake called the Dap when they greeted each other. The Dap would last at least a minute. It was their way of showing solidarity which infuriated the career soldiers, who mostly came from the South.

ObiDongKenobi
Freakishly Strange

Fame 377

« Reply #369 on: June 16, 2020, 06:19:39 PM »

Just finished watching "Little Fires Everywhere". Thought it was very good and Reece Witherspoon was outstanding.

Also saw "The Longest Day" on the anniversary of D-Day.  The first time I have seen it since the invention of this here interwebby thing, iMDB pointed out to me that most of the stars were far to old to play the real life characters, something I hadn't realised when I first saw it. For one, John Wayne at the age of 54 played a Major who was 27 on the day of the landing!

watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 831

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #370 on: July 25, 2020, 03:52:17 PM »

Fear City - a three part documentary now airing on Netflix on how the FBI broke the stranglehold the New York mob had on New York City in the 1970s and 1980s.

ObiDongKenobi
Freakishly Strange

Fame 377

« Reply #371 on: July 25, 2020, 05:44:22 PM »

The first 4 (of 8 ) episodes of "Mrs America" about the debates over the Equal Rights Amendment in the 70s. A lot of the politicking is going right over my head (but it didn't stop me enjoying "The West Wing"). About the only combatant that I had heard of was Gloria Steinem.

MissBarbara
Burnt at the stake
Burnt at the stake

Fame 2216

« Reply #372 on: July 25, 2020, 06:14:45 PM »

The first 4 (of 8 ) episodes of "Mrs America" about the debates over the Equal Rights Amendment in the 70s. A lot of the politicking is going right over my head (but it didn't stop me enjoying "The West Wing"). About the only combatant that I had heard of was Gloria Steinem.

I watched that and I thoroughly enjoyed it, though it's easy to see how someone outside the U.S. (or an American under 40) might miss a lot of what goes on in it.

Phyllis Schlafly is a uniquely American character, and I think the series does a good job of portraying here as a three-dimensional figure, and not a simple foil. And I'll admit that I didn't know some of the other figures in the series, and I had to look them up.

And, alas, as of last month, I can no longer claim the excuse of being "under 40."

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 687

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #373 on: July 25, 2020, 09:53:49 PM »

I recently posted a photo of a favorite teacher, from my high school yearbook, in which she was referred to as “Ms. Smith.”  Her children got all upset, thinking she should have been called “Mrs.”  I had to explain that “Ms.” was a widely used honorific in the 1970’s, and was also the name of Gloria Steinem’s magazine.   The title was one of respect, and in no way implies the woman is not married.  She divorced the bastard a few years later anyway.  LOL.
watcher1
Burnt at the stake

Fame 831

Gentleman Pervert

« Reply #374 on: August 01, 2020, 06:36:37 PM »

The history of the Go Gos on Showtime.  In 1982 they were the first all girl band that played their own instruments and wrote their own songs. The documentary said they still are the only girl band that played their own instruments and write their own music. Yet they are not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: