KRISTEN'S BOARD
Please consult your physician prior to participating on this message board.

News:

• #TEAM-MSSLAVE
    You Got This!
  • Congratulations to Shiela
    Kristen's Board 2021 Pervert Of The Year!
  • #TEAM-MSSLAVE
    We Love You!
  • #TEAM-MSSLAVE
    Stay Strong. Fight Like Hell!
  • Become a member for access to more areas of our message board, it's free!  Register here.

What was the last thing you watched? Movie & TV Edition

Guest · 19351

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020 & 2021
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +1341/-4
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #795 on: June 13, 2022, 02:33:04 PM
I've been wanting to see that ever since I saw the actresses on the british baking show holiday edition. They seemed quite funny.

I started watching Wild Babies on netflix. About the lives of newborn animals out in the wild and in some of the harshest conditions. So far there are lions, seal pups, wild dogs, and my favorite are the elephants. Such gentle and caring giants when it comes to their young.

I will say that I was confused about the lions. There were no herds of animals or congregation of beasts, as an all knowing monkey held the cub up to the sun... was everything I learned about the circle of life bullshit??!! 😏

I survive because the fire inside burn brighter than the fire around me. I am the Phoenix

Offline Asmodel

• Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +133/-197
  • Hope you have a good day. 🙂👍
Reply #796 on: June 13, 2022, 03:04:19 PM
I will say that I was confused about the lions. There were no herds of animals or congregation of beasts, as an all knowing monkey held the cub up to the sun... was everything I learned about the circle of life bullshit??!! 😏
they might have been practicing social distancing?  ;D

If you don’t like me, then keep your distance!

So relatable. —> https:/    /youtu.be/   mIPhpGPHibU
[gif]https://imgur.com/download/o0XbqJX/[/gif]

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +860/-3
Reply #797 on: June 13, 2022, 04:45:21 PM
Just started watching Derry Girls (Channel 4 and Netflix). I had thought it was just for teenagers but someone recommended it. It is about teenagers at a catholic girls school in Northern Ireland at the time of the troubles and is hilarious IMHO. Some of the slang has to be decoded for non-NI residents.

Did you ever watch Stan Lee's Lucky Man? The lead actor (James Nesbitt) has a glorious Ulster accent.

I've seen James Nesbitt in many programs but have never heard of Lucky Man before.  I saw Nesbitt on Manchester station once but didn't approach him as he is notoriously bad tempered.

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about

Online Hilda

• Deviant
    • Fame +145/-14
  • Not a wallflower
    • Caroline Alcock
Reply #798 on: June 14, 2022, 01:35:45 AM
Did you ever watch Stan Lee's Lucky Man? The lead actor (James Nesbitt) has a glorious Ulster accent.
I've seen James Nesbitt in many programs but have never heard of Lucky Man before.  I saw Nesbitt on Manchester station once but didn't approach him as he is notoriously bad tempered.

I've heard the same of John Cleese. A Cambridge student saw him walking across the quadrangle at Downing College and said, "Good afternoon, Mr. Cleese." The response was, "Bugger off!"

He seems pleasant enough in TV interviews, so maybe the poor student caught him on a bad day.

Call me a relic, call me what you will,
Say I'm old-fashioned, say I'm over the hill.

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +860/-3
Reply #799 on: June 14, 2022, 11:36:55 AM

I have been in the presence of two Doctor Who(s). One, David Tennant, was behind me in a crowded theatre bar with his great mate Richard Wilson (One Foot In The Grave).  Tennant got served before I did; as he turned round with a drink in each hand I was tempted to say "nice bit of time travel, Doctor" but thought better of it.

Online Hilda

• Deviant
    • Fame +145/-14
  • Not a wallflower
    • Caroline Alcock
Reply #800 on: June 14, 2022, 12:04:17 PM

I have been in the presence of two Doctor Who(s). One, David Tennant, was behind me in a crowded theatre bar with his great mate Richard Wilson (One Foot In The Grave).  Tennant got served before I did; as he turned round with a drink in each hand I was tempted to say "nice bit of time travel, Doctor" but thought better of it.

Not in the same league as Doctor Who, but a lifetime ago one of the big London cinemas put on a back-to-back screening of all the 1943 Batman movies. I was at the head of the queue outside the cinema, but when the doors were thrown open, Ray Davis (Kinks) and Barry Fantoni (Private Eye) pushed past me, sprinted inside like manic schoolboys, and grabbed the center front-row seats. I followed them demurely (as is my wont) and contented myself with a seat a few rows back. Such silly days.

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +860/-3
Reply #801 on: June 14, 2022, 12:13:26 PM

Disappointed to hear that one of my heroes (Davis) acted so ungentlemanly.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020 & 2021
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +1341/-4
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #802 on: June 15, 2022, 05:12:57 PM
A movie that I havent seen since I lost my V card.
The sandlot. It was my boyfriend's favorite movie at the time, and we would watch it constantly on VHS. He even had to buy a second tape of it because the first one started acting up. When we broke up I never wanted to watch that movie again.

But I saw it on prime and thought... what the hell, it's been 20+ years. I'll give it a go.

I survive because the fire inside burn brighter than the fire around me. I am the Phoenix

Offline Asmodel

• Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +133/-197
  • Hope you have a good day. 🙂👍
Reply #803 on: June 15, 2022, 05:39:48 PM
But I saw it on prime and thought... what the hell, it's been 20+ years. I'll give it a go.
I looked it up, maybe not available for prime here, but on Wikipedia, seems like there have been a couple of sequels as well.
One, if not for Darth Vader (Voice only), Would have been only a spiritual sequel, and the other one’s got mental-time-travel.

If you don’t like me, then keep your distance!

So relatable. —> https:/    /youtu.be/   mIPhpGPHibU
[gif]https://imgur.com/download/o0XbqJX/[/gif]

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.2. ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +1209/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #804 on: June 29, 2022, 05:09:37 AM

Just got back from seeing Elvis on MJR $5 Tuesday.  It was really good.  I didn't like the format it was presented at first, but then it settled in nicely.  Wish the movie had focused a bit more on Tupelo - having visited there on our trip north a few months ago.
I read a Variety interview of Alanna Nash that debunked a number of things in the movie. 
It was entertaining, but a bit long at 2hrs 26mins.
Two thumbs up.

The popcorn was burned and the frozen coke machine was broken.  So, two thumbs down for the concessions.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.2
POY 2016

Online Hilda

• Deviant
    • Fame +145/-14
  • Not a wallflower
    • Caroline Alcock
Reply #805 on: June 29, 2022, 05:25:58 AM
Just got back from seeing Elvis on MJR $5 Tuesday.  It was really good.  I didn't like the format it was presented at first, but then it settled in nicely.  Wish the movie had focused a bit more on Tupelo - having visited there on our trip north a few months ago.

A friend of mine used to claim that Elvis was a witness at her wedding.

Then, one day, she showed me some photos of her, her hubby, and . . . Elvis.

It turned out that the happy couple were honeymooning in Las Vegas and decided to get married all over again, just for fun. After the wedding they took in an Elvis show and got to see him backstage. He signed their brand-new wedding certificate. Not exactly a witness, but close enough. :)