News:

Watcher has gone.

Grm · 3040

Offline Grm

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +456/-117
  • Goodbye KB
on: November 15, 2009, 09:32:15 PM
Watcher has decided he's had enough of all the 1408 stuff and has left us. He has been one of the best moderators this board has ever had, he is a loyal friend to many he met here and a kind and thoughtful member. His unbelievably numerous posts have almost always been interesting and relevant and unlike myself he knows when to keep his mouth shut, I'm very sorry to see him go, the board will miss him.

This has all come about because of interactions in 1408 which has upset people and no matter how much I have tried to explain that if you truly believe in free speech you can't ban people for speaking their mind in a section of the board specifically introduced for such exchanges. But my words fell on deaf ears, so be it, this man is not for turning.
As long as I run this forum members are free to express themselves in any way they choose in Room 1408.

Offline ebilbob

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +67/-27
Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 10:28:41 PM
Watcher has decided he's had enough of all the 1408 stuff and has left us. He has been one of the best moderators this board has ever had, he is a loyal friend to many he met here and a kind and thoughtful member. His unbelievably numerous posts have almost always been interesting and relevant and unlike myself he knows when to keep his mouth shut, I'm very sorry to see him go, the board will miss him.

This has all come about because of interactions in 1408 which has upset people and no matter how much I have tried to explain that if you truly believe in free speech you can't ban people for speaking their mind in a section of the board specifically introduced for such exchanges. But my words fell on deaf ears, so be it, this man is not for turning.
As long as I run this forum members are free to express themselves in any way they choose in Room 1408.

Sorry to see Watcher go. But when we forget that Free Speech applies most importantly to the speech we want to hear the least, we've gone over to the dark side.

I fucking hate one of the posters in 1408. I hate everything she stands for and she makes me ashamed that she's an American citizen. But I've known an awful lot of people just like her and I've literally fought and bled to defend their rights to express their lunacy, bigotry and bile freely.

I believe in freedom of speech and I believe in education. Freedom of speech ensures no idea is censored by the powers that be and education ensures we know the difference between fact and propaganda.

I'm sure we'll all miss Watcher, but if he truly left because we refused to ban someone's ideas (as fucking retarded as they might be), I can't say that his departure is necessarily bad for the spirit of this board.

Offline staci

• KB Pervert of the Year 2023
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1837/-28
Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 03:44:59 AM
Sir, I can't speak for Watcher. I won't bother to copy and paste (everyone knows how to do that), but there are a couple of points in your response, I would like to bring up.
It is your feeling of hate that represents the problem he and others have felt these last few weeks. The room 1408 allows you and  others to vent against each other in attempts to "one-up" one another with expertise and knowledge. I don't agree with all Melissa says but I don't let it get to the point of hating and despising her. Can't you agree to just disagree? I'm not alone. Some have left kb and some were good people. Watcher stated that the fun has gone out of his being here, I agree. I've been here over two years and the difference is shocking. A few of us grew to look to expand on subjects, not ridicule them and call names. Freedom of speech didn't have anything to do with Rick leaving, nor Gia, nor Avatar of Truth nor Loadblown, nor Circ, nor Wolfie, ad nausem. Unrest and civility did. GRm raked me over the coals once in 1408, and like the motto is, I couldn't stand the heat and got out of the kitchen. I didn't believe he would turn on me but it was his right to do so. Feel free to look at my 810 plus posts and see how few arguements I've been in.
Sorry for ranting, I just think Watcher got a bad "rap" and was a great moderator even tho he didn't agree with what was said.
Hug and peace.

PS. Ive actually given Mel a few woos, and you also.

one of the originals

Melissa

Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 05:21:27 AM
I suppose a few blame me for his departure.  Though the right to free speech is enforced in a particular forum, there's also no right to not be offended.  That's not the case in a real world as well though a few idiot judges have ruled that way. 

Actually, it's the listener or reader who usually puts themselves in the position to be subjected to such things.  The exception would be the uninvited entry to our home or neighborhood where we reasonably expect peace and tranquility.  But, when we open our home to such things (through the internet, for example) then we have little to no room to argue against its existence.

I don't want to see someone leave.  However, I won't change my views tempt them to stay.  To do so would be disingenuous on my part.

Offline Grm

• Freakishly Strange
  • Goodbye KB
Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 07:39:25 AM
Dear Staci, I can understand that you feel there is less fun here than at the beginning, one reason might be that Gia isn't around, she has a great rapport with the girls and with the boys too. But in the end the forum is what you want to make it. Everyone who joins has the freedom to post and read what they wish [within our few rules.] There is still plenty to enjoy here, when I set up KB it was primarily for the edification of the thousands of fans of Kristen's Archives and all about the sex stories.
Of course the character of the board will change as time goes on because its a blank page and will reflect the interests of the current batch of posting members. During my time here I have come to respect, have affection for some of you, others have annoyed me and some just frighten me. At the end of the day KB will be whatever the members want and some won't. KB is bigger than me or Emily our kind benefactor, its bigger than Avatar or Gia, or Watcher and it will stay here for those who want to use it and enjoy it for as long as Emily and I are around.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1605/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 02:36:18 PM
First, I would like to thank Grm for his kind words. Then I would like to remind him and all the others who thought I left because of Room 1408 that that was not the case. I enjoyed logging on every morning and reading what others had posted or the pictures of the lovely women someone may have posted. I myself, have probably posted in Room 1408 more then most, since I love a good debate. Early on I was jumped on numerous times about my views and that never bothered me. For me, kb meant fun and having a good time with all the people I met. Grm is correct in noting that the nature of a forum board will change. People will come and people will leave. And kb has changed and good people have left. Kb, in my opinion, has changed to the point where I wasn't haven't fun. And many people who knew me know that I had stated many times that when I wasn't having fun anymore, then I was going to move on. Sure I had some differences of opinions with Grm on the way this board was heading, but that is because I was never a "yes sir" type of person. And, Grm, it was never about about ones freedom to speak ones mind. So all you defenders of free speech, take a break, please. It was all about having fun. And it just stopped being fun for me.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Houston Bobber

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +5/-0
Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 03:01:51 PM
Watcher I will miss you.

Offline DanteDC

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +63/-19
  • Mind Wander
Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 03:07:05 PM
Ive Been on here since watcher got 2000 posts. Watcher to me has been like a uncle that knew alot of cool information and you could always talk with. Watcher we will miss you and always except you back with open arms at KB.

Late at night you are walking and you see a floating light and you think huh. You keep walking and see me just standing there blank faced.

Pervert of the Month January 10.

Offline Grm

• Freakishly Strange
  • Goodbye KB
Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 03:10:35 PM
I never said you lost your fun because you don't believe in free speech, never the less it was interactions in 1408 that has brought you to this, because they have upset friends, trying to silence those who have said things to upset friends is still an attack on freedom of expression and its never fun when friends get upset.
People come and go all the time and some need a reason to quit so they lash out [not you watcher]at Admin I can't tell you some of the abuse I get from some of these people, if I was the quitting type I would have given this up a long time ago. but I happen to believe in this place and the philosophy it was founded upon.

Thank you for logging in again Watcher, there will always be a place for you here. I'm sorry its not fun any more, I hope you find it again, even if its not here.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 04:39:05 PM
A friend would not be a friend if they did not stick up for one another.

Offline AB-2007

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +197/-6
    • My Story Site
Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 10:57:43 PM

I know this may sound totally and irrevocably insane, but here's a suggestion. Don't visit 1408. I've been in the room a total of once. There are enough nasty experiences on the Internet, why bother?

Hopefully Watcher (If you're lurking come back) will come back in time. Grm runs a clean house, can't think I've seen a better board, and I've seen my share. :-)

Offline Grm

• Freakishly Strange
  • Goodbye KB
Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 12:05:10 AM
A friend would not be a friend if they did not stick up for one another.
Sadly, not all friends are what they seem on the internet, a fair few using this board over the last year or so can testify to this. Loyalty to friends is an admirable virtue, but there are other loyalties and it is these that are a true test of someone's character.

Offline terra_lays

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +68/-1
  • huh?
Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 10:30:52 AM
Sir, I can't speak for Watcher. I won't bother to copy and paste (everyone knows how to do that), but there are a couple of points in your response, I would like to bring up.
It is your feeling of hate that represents the problem he and others have felt these last few weeks. The room 1408 allows you and  others to vent against each other in attempts to "one-up" one another with expertise and knowledge. I don't agree with all Melissa says but I don't let it get to the point of hating and despising her. Can't you agree to just disagree? I'm not alone. Some have left kb and some were good people. Watcher stated that the fun has gone out of his being here, I agree. I've been here over two years and the difference is shocking. A few of us grew to look to expand on subjects, not ridicule them and call names. Freedom of speech didn't have anything to do with Rick leaving, nor Gia, nor Avatar of Truth nor Loadblown, nor Circ, nor Wolfie, ad nausem. Unrest and civility did. GRm raked me over the coals once in 1408, and like the motto is, I couldn't stand the heat and got out of the kitchen. I didn't believe he would turn on me but it was his right to do so. Feel free to look at my 810 plus posts and see how few arguements I've been in.
Sorry for ranting, I just think Watcher got a bad "rap" and was a great moderator even tho he didn't agree with what was said.
Hug and peace.

crap...everyone is gone. Watcher you better check in at least once in awhile or I wont have sex with you anymore! When did Gia leave? Grm, are you at least going to stick around for awhile?

My life feels empty without someone in me.

Offline DanteDC

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +63/-19
  • Mind Wander
Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 01:07:30 PM
Hug and peace.

crap...everyone is gone. Watcher you better check in at least once in awhile or I wont have sex with you anymore! When did Gia leave? Grm, are you at least going to stick around for awhile?

Gia Left???? I thought she was on vacation for her birthday.

Late at night you are walking and you see a floating light and you think huh. You keep walking and see me just standing there blank faced.

Pervert of the Month January 10.

Offline Grm

• Freakishly Strange
  • Goodbye KB
Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 04:40:45 PM

Grm, are you at least going to stick around for awhile?

Grm " KB is bigger than me or Emily our kind benefactor, its bigger than Avatar or Gia, or Watcher and it will stay here for those who want to use it and enjoy it  for as long as Emily and I are around."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 04:44:28 PM by Grm »

Offline Gina Marie

• So fucking done with it all.
  • Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1375/-70
  • Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated
Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 11:18:18 PM
Jeeze - cant a girl take a break?

Offline celticfeline

• Ceridwen
  • Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +209/-24
  • meeeeeeeeeow
Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 12:09:31 AM
Absolutely not Gia!  WE always need you here!  You drive the sexy factor up by a measure of x10.....*grins*  *nibbles on her ear playfully*  welcome back lovey.

SEX KITTENS OF THE WORLD UNITE!

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 01:24:14 AM

And I bet you had f-u-n on your break.  ;D

Offline terra_lays

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +68/-1
  • huh?
Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 12:39:26 PM

eh don't mind us. Just the peasants jabberin

My life feels empty without someone in me.