KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Changing acccounts.

trapper · 759

Offline trapper

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +18/-1
on: September 21, 2017, 05:09:30 AM
I have changed internet provider, and my e-mail account and name and password. How do I change this on here? tried re registering but isn't working. HELP

_priapism

Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 06:51:56 AM
Click on the "Profile" tab on the home page.  Then click on the Modify Profile links on the lower left side of your profile page.  Should be able to make these changes there.

If you have forgotten your password, they can send a link to your old email address.  If you have forgotten your old password, and no longer have your old email address, you're screwed.

Offline Chakanut

• Not Yet A Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +0/-0
Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 08:27:25 AM
Thanks for the advice.

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 04:00:46 AM
Actually, you don't have to change your e-mail and such unless you really want to.  We'll never use it.  We don't use your email during registration, and we don't use it when you change your password, because someone on this shared host got us all blacklisted.  Your email provider will quietly DROP all mails from us, and they'll never show up in your junk mail folder, they just disappear.

That also means that you have to remember your password... if you forget it, you're fucked.  The standard forum mechanism of SEND ME AN EMAIL TO RESET MY PASSWORD just flat won't work.  The password reset email is also dropped by your email provider.  When you change your password here, there is NO email verification.

We don't care what your password is, and even though I'm somewhat of a computer weenie, I can't tell you what it is.  It's stored in a secure hash, and it's not worth the effort to try to reverse-engineer how the hash works to figure out how to read your password.  It'd be a significant job, so that's purely not happening.  Your password is YOUR responsibility.

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 09:50:51 PM
If you lost your password and you can contact someone on the site they can tell me and I can re-set the password.  I will send the new password information to the email you registered with.  Then it's up to you to change your password to something I don't know.

But if you don't remember the email you used to set up your account it is best if you just get a new account with a new email.