KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Please give our writers Woo/feedback, if you enjoy our stories.

Guest · 7001

Offline GEMINIGUY

• "I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
  • GG
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +507/-59
Frank, I personally have never found it difficult to read and comment other writer's stories. Yes, a lot of writers have their own style, and some seem to write the same thing over and over and over [not you, Frank or Meatbot], and that's great. That doesn't bother me, I expect to see varying styles.
What I'm more interested in is the detail and pacing [even minor grammar errors aren't that big of a deal to me], if it starts with sex, rushes throught the sex scene and the stories over, not my thing.

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

Offline Frank Taillefer

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +14/-0
  • "I am not insane, my reality is just different"
And yes, I know some of my stuff is completely fanciful. But as I've continued to write, it's gotten more and more important to me. Dunno why.

Because we like to paint a picture.
I am a big fan of "back stories" and love to create them.

When I started writing "erotica" I was doing the things that Geminiguy hates.

if it starts with sex, rushes throught the sex scene and the stories over, not my thing.

But after a story was finished I was asking myself "Why did this happen?"
It didn't made sense to me;

Strange guy meets strange woman and have hot steaming sex.

Okay... but why? what's the story behind that?
That is what I am really interested in.

I like to put my characters in very strange sexual situations,
and try to come up with a story that looks realistic.

But I have to agree with Gemini and Meatbot; there are a lot of good writers on this board, and for me that is the main reason to keep on coming here and to read and write more stories.

Offline Fish

• Stranger Than Fiction
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +260/-2
  • A taste is a waste of time.

I think it can be difficult for a writer to reply to other stories.

I have a certain style, and prefer certain formats.
So when I (and I'm sure that this goes for a lot of us) read a story,
you tend to pay attention to those things.

I shall give you a small example.

I try to write as realistic as possible.
That's "my thing".

A story can be as crazy as it gets,
but I need to have a feeling that it COULD happen in real life.

I have been reading many stories here that would never happen in real life;
Whole families having sex with each other, including their toddlers.

The stories might be written beautifully, technically speaking,
and the story itself might be quite interesting,
but what could I say to the writer?

"Sorry dude, written great but to far fetched."

Okay, first of all: I get it. I felt the same way once. I didn't often read the other writers because they didn't write like me. When I did read, I didn't comment for exactly the same reason.

But consider this - if realism was the great barometer of what deserves a comment, then the following works/authors would never get a single reply:

Chaucer, Milton, Shakespeare, Heinlen, Bradbury, Dante, any work of science fiction, any work of fantasy, any work of metafiction, and to me, the worst of all, no Vonnegut or Wilde.

How about saying 'thanks for writing'? If nobody but you wrote on this site, you'd find yourself without a place to post very quickly.

Anyway, I don't want to make this into anything other than a discussion on criticism. I have absolutely nothing against you, and I intend to read one of your stories... and post a positive comment.

Have a nice day, and keep writing!

Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.

Offline herschel

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +222/-1
Nice to see such a fine writers' colloquium. You guys are collectively pillars of KB!

Offline Frank Taillefer

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +14/-0
  • "I am not insane, my reality is just different"
Okay, first of all: I get it. I felt the same way once. I didn't often read the other writers because they didn't write like me. When I did read, I didn't comment for exactly the same reason.

But consider this - if realism was the great barometer of what deserves a comment, then the following works/authors would never get a single reply:

Chaucer, Milton, Shakespeare, Heinlen, Bradbury, Dante, any work of science fiction, any work of fantasy, any work of metafiction, and to me, the worst of all, no Vonnegut or Wilde.

How about saying 'thanks for writing'? If nobody but you wrote on this site, you'd find yourself without a place to post very quickly.

Anyway, I don't want to make this into anything other than a discussion on criticism. I have absolutely nothing against you, and I intend to read one of your stories... and post a positive comment.

Have a nice day, and keep writing!

First of all; thank you for reading and posting that positive comment.
I really appreciate it.

I can enjoy a story that is totally not realistic.
It's just that... I used to find myself thinking,
"What in heaven's name can I say about this story?"

I know that it was just... a thing that I felt,
and had nothing to do with the quality of the writers.

I see some amazing writers on this board, and in a way that can be scary.
Who the hell am I to say something about those talented people?

But I have been beginning to give more positive feedback.
This thread made me realize that positive feedback is what we all want, right?

KitKat

It seems this thread has done a lot of good. I have noticed a lot more members giving feedback. That is so awesome. There is nothing more satisfying, than to know someone else really enjoyed reading your creation. Thank you to everyone who has started sharing their feedback with our writers. It means so much to us. This really is a gold mine of incredible erotica, and so far it's free. Keep it up guys.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
WOO, KK! Inspiring members. :^)

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1749/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
It seems this thread has done a lot of good. I have noticed a lot more members giving feedback. That is so awesome. There is nothing more satisfying, than to know someone else really enjoyed reading your creation. Thank you to everyone who has started sharing their feedback with our writers. It means so much to us. This really is a gold mine of incredible erotica, and so far it's free. Keep it up guys.

I was going to mention the same thing yesterday.       A lot of back and forth with praise, story continuation direction suggestions, and constructive criticism on all the stories, new and old.       Woo to Kitty. 

:),
Jules

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

KitKat

Thanks you guys.  :-*

KitKat

Reply #69 on: February 18, 2017, 03:16:02 AM
Just want to say thank you for all the feedback. It really means a lot to all of us. Keep it up.

Offline phtlc

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +207/-6
There are many talented erotica writers here at KB that provide free, quality, and new erotica, almost on a daily basis. None of us are getting paid to write, so the least you can do is show your appreciation with positive comments, or to give us some Woo. It would really make us feel really good. Thanks a lot.  :-*

Write for personal gratification only. Worrying about feedback or "woo's" is just going to frustrate you needlessly

While you're waiting in vain for that apology, why don't you make yourself useful by getting on your knees and opening your mouth

Offline phtlc

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +207/-6
I have to say that a woo is positive input. It's like a thumbs up.

I tend not to woo. It's not out of a desire to be inconsiderate, I just never think of it. If I like a comment I just voice my approval with comments.

While you're waiting in vain for that apology, why don't you make yourself useful by getting on your knees and opening your mouth

KitKat

I have to say that a woo is positive input. It's like a thumbs up.

I tend not to woo. It's not out of a desire to be inconsiderate, I just never think of it. If I like a comment I just voice my approval with comments.

That's quite alright. Comments are great too. :)

badcorps187

The more feedback I get (as in posts in my threads) the more I am encouraged to write.

KitKat

The more feedback I get (as in posts in my threads) the more I am encouraged to write.

It certainly helps to know that others are enjoying your ramblings, as I like to call them.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
BC187, feedback IS awesome, but I keep writing because I feel the need to write, just like those guys in Top Gun said "I feel the need for speed" :P
If I get comments and emails that's great. I don't mind hearing suggestions for continuing a story, sometimes I follow up on suggestions.

badcorps187

Yeah the whole reason I do this is for the inter action. Most of my work is for and sent to an audience of one but posting in the open is a thrill too.

KitKat

Woo baby woo baby....  ;D

badcorps187

That makes it all worth it  :emot_thdrool: