KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

#MeToo’ism and the age of sexual victimization.

Guest · 20972

Offline JulesVern

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +51/-0
Reply #100 on: December 23, 2017, 07:28:02 AM
I personally do not like the 'court of public opinion' at all. As I have posted before, it is way too much like a lynch mob. it cares more about 'justice' then it does about actual provable facts. Eventually some case will come along where the accused gets pilloried in the press, fired from their job, driven into isolation, etc... and then conclusive proof will come along that the accuser was was not telling the truth. And almost no one side will care. Better to tar all the accused rather than look for truth.

Having once been unjustly accused of job bias, this is an issue that I have a lot of trouble with. Lucky for me, the accuser actually listened when the truth was explained, and dropped the complaint.

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #101 on: December 24, 2017, 03:26:37 PM

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #102 on: December 29, 2017, 12:10:25 AM

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #103 on: December 30, 2017, 08:41:56 PM
Miguel Sano accuser will talk with MLB as #MeToo movement hits baseball

After posting her account of the assault on Twitter, Bissen told Yahoo Sports she would speak with investigators from the league and tell her story of the incident in which she said Sano grabbed her wrist and tried to kiss her multiple times after an autograph session. Sano fired back with a full-throated denial, saying in a statement “it never happened,” and followed with boilerplate spin that endeavored to soften his tone: “I have the utmost respect for women.”

This was a perfect example of that terrible decision-making, because while Sano might have a lot of things, the utmost respect for women is not one of them, according to five people, including teammates, ex-teammates and confidants, with whom he has spent time. Though none accused Sano of sexual assault or could confirm Bissen’s account of the story, they characterized him as someone who saw the pursuit of women as sport. Getting in trouble for it “was only a matter of time,” said one person familiar with Sano, whom he called “a ticking time bomb.”

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

_priapism

Reply #104 on: December 31, 2017, 12:20:05 AM
I have represented professional football, basketball, hockey, and golf players, through the years.  I think sexual predatory practices are deeply ingrained in professional athletes, particularly on the road.  I would think we are going to hear a lot more stories like this, in 2018.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3088/-41
Reply #105 on: December 31, 2017, 12:32:42 AM

I have represented professional football, basketball, hockey, and golf players, through the years.  I think sexual predatory practices are deeply ingrained in professional athletes, particularly on the road.  I would think we are going to hear a lot more stories like this, in 2018.

I think sexual predatory practices are deeply ingrained in every profession, not just athletics.

Though I'm slightly hijacking, the concept of athletes as sexual predators fits several narratives, and thus is more widely reported, and blogged about, and commented upon, etc. But I'd strongly suspect it's no more prevalent than the same offenses committed by accountants, or dentists, or -- gasp! -- attorneys. It's just not as widely reported on.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #106 on: January 02, 2018, 05:47:44 PM

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

oscarlong

Reply #107 on: January 11, 2018, 12:37:41 AM
I personally do not like the 'court of public opinion' at all. As I have posted before, it is way too much like a lynch mob. it cares more about 'justice' then it does about actual provable facts. Eventually some case will come along where the accused gets pilloried in the press, fired from their job, driven into isolation, etc... and then conclusive proof will come along that the accuser was was not telling the truth. And almost no one side will care. Better to tar all the accused rather than look for truth.

Having once been unjustly accused of job bias, this is an issue that I have a lot of trouble with. Lucky for me, the accuser actually listened when the truth was explained, and dropped the complaint.

I think the issue is that the system, as it is set up right now, is partly in place to keep actual provable facts from being usable in these situations. That inability is used by these types of predators, and has been for years. Saying that because maybe one day a person might get unjustly accused means we dont allow for a court of public opinion here seems to be the how we got here. We havent been doing this right, legally or ethically speaking. Millions of people are abused and assaulted without judicial recourse. If this is what it takes, then its a great thing in my opinion.

_priapism

Reply #108 on: January 11, 2018, 01:12:16 AM

Though I'm slightly hijacking, the concept of athletes as sexual predators fits several narratives, and thus is more widely reported, and blogged about, and commented upon, etc. But I'd strongly suspect it's no more prevalent than the same offenses committed by accountants, or dentists, or -- gasp! -- attorneys. It's just not as widely reported on.

The State Bar of Texas recently discussed, and rejected, a disciplinary rule that would make it illegal to have sex with a client.  Sex with spouses and pre-existing relationships would be excluded, and they still rejected it.  In my opinion...

1.  There is a gross disparity in bargaining power.
2.  Clients are often emotionally unstable and in need of attention.
3.  Once you’ve slept with a client, it’s all downhill from there.
4.  Have you seen my clients?

I’d have no problem with the rule.  I’ve never slept with a client, although a few have tried.

Strange days.

Offline JulesVern

• Total freak
Reply #109 on: January 11, 2018, 06:19:06 AM

I think the issue is that the system, as it is set up right now, is partly in place to keep actual provable facts from being usable in these situations. That inability is used by these types of predators, and has been for years. Saying that because maybe one day a person might get unjustly accused means we dont allow for a court of public opinion here seems to be the how we got here. We havent been doing this right, legally or ethically speaking. Millions of people are abused and assaulted without judicial recourse. If this is what it takes, then its a great thing in my opinion.

The only possible scenario where provable facts can't be used that I can think of is those cases where the statute of limitations has expired. If you have examples where that is not the case, please send me a link to it.

In any case, those aren't the cases I am talking about in the first place. I am talking about cases where two people each have their own version of what happened. Short of some sort of corroborating evidence, how do you prove such an accusation? The problem is that these days, you don't need to. The accused are being persecuted despite that lack of evidence.

oscarlong

Reply #110 on: January 13, 2018, 12:02:14 AM
Show me where that has happened without credible reason and Ill show you 1000 examples of where the guy got away with it. Thats the point. The pendulum has to swing back the other way. We arent doing it right up to this point, the system isnt working.

Offline JulesVern

• Total freak
Reply #111 on: January 13, 2018, 12:08:20 AM
Show me where that has happened without credible reason and Ill show you 1000 examples of where the guy got away with it. Thats the point. The pendulum has to swing back the other way. We arent doing it right up to this point, the system isnt working.

That is your opinion. Since you weren't there you can't know the actual truth, nor can I. I however, don't instantly believe any and all accusations, nor do I believe any and all denials. I need evidence to make an actual judgement.

oscarlong

Reply #112 on: January 13, 2018, 12:19:51 AM
Sure thing, and the system isnt racist either, so minorities get a fair shot in our court system too. Hahahaha. Do you also believe in unicorns and fairies?

If the present system worked, 25% of women in our society wouldnt be victims of sexual assault, while almost no one gets convicted of it. So obviously its not just my opinion that the present system isnt working.

However, my opinion is that we should err on the other side for awhile and see if that doesnt have a more positive effect on the problem. Maybe if men were more afraid of being accused, we would be more careful of our actions around women. Seems like a good thing to me.

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +379/-9
Reply #113 on: January 13, 2018, 12:26:17 AM
Here's a really neat idea (Gentlemen)........
"How about just being polite and showing some respect toward us"......
(If we want to sleep with you...we will tell you ).

Love,
Liz

oscarlong

Reply #114 on: January 13, 2018, 12:29:50 AM
Hahahaha aw Liz we all must be content with the burning knowledge that will never happen though. Such sweet sorrow! I like the new picture, but I do miss the action photo ;)

Pervertedneighbor

Reply #115 on: January 13, 2018, 06:20:43 AM
I have a better idea.  Why don't we just surrender all of our rights as males as soon as we walk out the door of our house or apartment?  You are saying it's OK for someone to be falsely accused because of the situation, that the end justifies the means, that it's OK for a man to lose everything ten years down the road because someone who may even be a total stranger decides she didn't like the way he smiled at her one day in the grocery store.
FUCK YOU!

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #116 on: January 13, 2018, 11:23:17 AM
I have a better idea.  Why don't we just surrender all of our rights as males as soon as we walk out the door of our house or apartment?  You are saying it's OK for someone to be falsely accused because of the situation, that the end justifies the means, that it's OK for a man to lose everything ten years down the road because someone who may even be a total stranger decides she didn't like the way he smiled at her one day in the grocery store.
FUCK YOU!

Said the man with the peeping tom avatar.

You are so out of touch it's sad.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #117 on: January 13, 2018, 01:01:46 PM

Love,
Liz

Oh if it were only that simple all the time, and the girl looks you in the eye and says, “Let’s  fuck.”

Mostly it’s a constant chess game where you’re trying to anticipate your opponent’s moves.  ‘Opponent’ might be overly adversarial, but it’s a guessing game that your next move will get a favorable response or “Get your hand off my knee you fucking pervert!”  Or, if you don’t touch her knee and later she’s sobbing on the phone to her friend about how you never made a move on her.

But hey, it’s not like I’m giving up despite never seeming to have a clue what’s going on in a girl’s mind nor ever knowing what she really wants.

We just stumble along and once in a while two people do seem to be on the same page and do manage to connect.

I do completely afree with you Liz, there is no excuse any behavior other than being polite and respectful.  And most of us understand the difference between an admiring glance and a leer, and most of us also can immediately detect when our attention is unwanted, and we immediately stop.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:18:13 PM by Jed_ »

Pervertedneighbor

Reply #118 on: January 13, 2018, 08:35:33 PM
Oh, and our avatars are meant to be taken literally.

If they were, a lot of people around here would have to answer for theirs as well.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3088/-41
Reply #119 on: January 13, 2018, 10:33:21 PM

Love,
Liz

Here's the thing: The overwhelming majority of men ARE gentlemen. They treat women with respect, politeness, and propriety. And they never engage in sexual activity with a woman unless it's clearly consensual.

By generalizing from some men to all men, you do men in general a grave disservice, and you further serve to cloud what's an already complex issue.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."