KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Strange people at concerts

Guest · 649

Pervertedneighbor

on: January 29, 2018, 06:22:42 AM
I could just call them assholes and leave it at that.
But then there are still questions.  

My wife and I attended a concert last night.  Tedeschi Trucks Band.  Maybe somebody
here has heard of them.  Probably not.  Anyway, wonderful music.  Three hours.
And there were actually people in our section who talked through the entire show.
I find this strange phenomenon inexplicable.  

Why would you go to a concert and talk through the entire thing? So you can sit and listen to the sound of your own voice for three hours?  Wouldn't you be more comfy in your own living room where you don't have to ask the band to quiet down? 

When you give people "the look" or ask them to quiet down, they stare at you as if they are clueless.  We truly live in the rudest age ever.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 06:48:41 AM by Pervertedneighbor »

Offline herschel

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +222/-1
Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 06:52:56 AM
This kind of thing is all too common, and irksome to those who are there for the music. My guess is that these folks are mainly interested in themselves and each other, and making an impression that will maybe help them get laid after the performance.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 12:30:03 PM

My wife and I attended a concert last night.  Tedeschi Trucks Band.  Maybe somebody
And there were actually people in our section who talked through the entire show.

Why would you go to a concert and talk through the entire thing? So you can sit and listen to the sound of your own voice for three hours?  Wouldn't you be more comfy in your own living room where you don't have to ask the band to quiet down?  

When you give people "the look" or ask them to quiet down, they stare at you as if they are clueless.  We truly live in the rudest age ever.

Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks, they have been married for years, and I have seen them several times, not always together.

Derek Trucks played for many years with the Allman Bothers Band with his uncle the late Butch Trucks.  With Greg Allman also passing last year, that era is over.

People talk at every concert I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been to a few hundred concerts.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 12:33:46 PM by Jed_ »

Offline Well Behaved Lady

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +535/-8
Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 12:54:08 PM
Talking goes on at every gig I've been too and I like Jed have been to hundreds, my pet peeve is people recording on their phones especially in a small venue.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3088/-41
Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 02:33:28 PM

When you give people "the look" or ask them to quiet down, they stare at you as if they are clueless.  We truly live in the rudest age ever.

Good post.

I've been to concerts with Susan Tedeschi and her band, and Derek Trucks and his band, but I've yet to see them together. It must of have been a great show, at least music-wise. I love her gritty voice.

You're right: We're living in the Age of Rudeness, and what you describe is just one manifestation of this. And it truly is inexplicable, since they paid a lot of money to LISTEN to the band, and not the sound of their own voices. I just don't get it.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1319/-3
Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 04:27:58 PM
Been many years since we've been to a concert.  With age and problems getting around it's easier to buy a CD.  Wife worked for a music company and we'd get free or discounted tickets sometimes too.

People were usually well behaved, tho' I remember at an Eagle concert the two couples in front of us lit up joints the moment the music started.  Didn't realize drug use had become so open. (In the 90s)

Another time we'd gone to see Cher in one of her farewell tours.  I went to the restroom at a break.  While waiting for an opening at the trough, several young ladies walked in and went to the stalls. There was the usual long line for women at their restroom so these gals got creative.  I was nonplussed and finally got to an open spot.  Pulled "it" out and something that had never happened before. Bashful Bladder!!!  The Gals were in stalls and giggling yet still my stream wouldn't come! :facepalm: I left and went down the hall to another restroom and was able to take care of business.

BTW...not really big Cher fans, but wife sews and wanted to see her fabulous costumes.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Jbird4

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +43/-0
Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 03:05:28 PM
I don’t know if I’ve ever been distracted by conversations at a concert.   But I will be honest, they had to be the stupidest people in the world.  I can’t think of a worse possible place to have a conversation than a concert. 

Offline misskitty

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +2/-0
Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 10:42:26 PM
Never experienced anything like that at a Concert, but at the Movies?! YES! People today are so rude.