KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

This is my idea of a female musician

Guest · 657

Pervertedneighbor

on: March 11, 2018, 05:48:07 AM
One who doesn't exploit her sexuality, use flash, glitter, or gimmicks.  She just sings her original songs and plays her guitar like lightning.  As far as personality, very blue collar and down to earth. 

Offline twistedspike

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +14/-5
Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 07:17:48 AM
Almost a reincarnation of Janis Joplin. Wayy more bluesy and sober. Love it, thanks for sharing, now on my blues playlist.

Offline atari guy

• Not Yet A Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +0/-0
Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 11:46:47 AM
Nice to see that there are still some real musicians out there.
Shame the record industry is blind to them

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3071/-41
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 04:45:33 PM

Joanne Shaw Taylor's music is distributed by Sony, one of the biggest record companies on the planet.

That's hardly "blind."

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

psiberzerker

Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 05:16:09 PM
I don't have a problem with any artist drawing from anything in their experience.  When it comes something like a female musician using her sex, it depends on HOW a musician uses it.  That goes for anything, I'm impressed with how she uses her guitar.  Her fingers.  It's not about sex to her, and that's an artisitc choice.  I applaud.

However, on the opposite end of the spectrum, there's something like a Persian (Iranian) Dutch woman, using her sex to protest, and shed light on the treatment of women in Islamic countries:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t7SclAXoQw

I judge her for it, but appreciatively.  There's a difference between this, and Britney Spears dancing down the halls, shaking her shit, and sinking "Oops, I did it again."

It's a statement.  The question is, what does it say about the artist?

psiberzerker

Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 01:41:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG1VVFfOnYQ

Another good one.  Just saying.

Offline insatiable

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +557/-2
  • Insatiably Insatiable.
Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 08:22:48 PM
Damnm, if I am in love with her. Such a beautiful voice.

And these guys hit big time. 1 billion views already on their whole channel. Check them out unless if you have seen or heard them before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3lF2qEA2cw

Something about something by someone important.

Pervertedneighbor

Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 05:18:11 AM

Joanne Shaw Taylor's music is distributed by Sony, one of the biggest record companies on the planet.

That's hardly "blind."

She was only just signed by Sony's British Silvertone label a few months ago.  To date, nothing she has put out has been distributed or produced by Sony at all.  From her debut album WHITE SUGAR (2009) to her live CD/DVD (2012) she was on the Ruff records label.  Since then she has been on her own label, Axehouse Records.  Just to keep the information accurate.  Wikipedia doesn't tell you everything, dude. 

Offline Supersoftball

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +17/-16
  • Blue Lives Matter!
Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 02:47:07 PM
AMY WINEHOUSE (best live act I've seen behind Alicia Keys) was the best ARTIST not act/performer in the past 20 years, sadly she chose drugs and alcohol to kill herself.

I saw her at the Warehouse in Houston Texas perform her greatest hits (live) while drinking from a Jack Daniels bottle clearly inebriated and it still goes down as the best live shows I've ever seen.

Alicia Keys
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Amy Winehouse
Jonathan Butler

Bass Reeves<br /><br />\"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.\"

Offline Supersoftball

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +17/-16
  • Blue Lives Matter!
Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 02:49:44 PM

That's hardly "blind."

She was only just signed by Sony's British Silvertone label a few months ago.  To date, nothing she has put out has been distributed or produced by Sony at all.  From her debut album WHITE SUGAR (2009) to her live CD/DVD (2012) she was on the Ruff records label.  Since then she has been on her own label, Axehouse Records.  Just to keep the information accurate.  Wikipedia doesn't tell you everything, dude. 

Thank you, because she is not that good to those of us who are not tone deaf.

Bass Reeves<br /><br />\"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.\"