KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The emotional writer  (Read 222 times)
Katiebee
Shield Maiden
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 871

Achieving world domination, one body at a time.

« on: May 31, 2018, 07:00:48 AM »

I have read passages from writers that show their soul, in raw bleeding detail. It is obvious they sometimes write about their emotions and credit those to the character who give voice to them. I present one such passage here.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.

I'm of the third type. I refuse to let my love die. I honor my love. And I have no life left to live. That doesn't mean I am suicidal. It means that  my heart heeds me no longer. Like Alice, I am a stranger in a strange land. My sight is clear, yet it's clarity is clouded with the hoar frost of despair. What I see is distorted and twisted by my desire for love.

Having given possession of my heart to one who cares not for it, I am unable to recover sanity, calmness, or critical thought. Or more accurately, I am unable to convert the insight I have into action that would release me from torment and let my heart heal.

All of the fantasy novels I have read, whether they be from the hand of Tolkien or Lovecraft, or from someone between them in craft, tell of the soulless, wights, undead, the damned of the night.  There is a driving reason behind the fury of these creatures, and I have discovered and claimed it as my own.

The cold despair, hopelessness of love lost, denied, disregarded, the loss of your heart and soul, brings forth a boiling fury of hate and anger. It is a self-loathing, and it consumes you like eager flames on drought stricken wood.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.
psiberzerker
Freakishly Strange

Fame 41

^Lady Lisa Lyon^

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 12:52:27 PM »

Ah purple prose.  One of the things you have to love about classic fantasy like Tolkien.  I try to focus on the feelings of the characters, which is why I alternate narrative.  (Among other things, I can't really get into the Gods' Eye View of 3rd person.) 

If I don't care about them, who they are, what they desire, and how they feel about it, than how is that even erotic?  I mean, I guess it's sexual, but a lot of it just comes out as rote meat piston action with nothing but Lust behind it. 

Who are these people?  Not only that seem to have ultra-sex, all the time.  Perfect bodies down to the inch, and always have/cause explosive orgasms, but other than that, what do they do?  Do they have jobs, hobbies, do they watch TV, or rant about politics on the internet?

Do they have hopes, dreams memories, and disappointments?  Do they have any stress in their lives that they have to work off?  What do they drink to forget?  That's what makes it a Story for me.  Erotic or not, who are they other than "The hot mom" from central casting?

What do they care about?

Feedback is always welcome.
Katiebee
Shield Maiden
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 871

Achieving world domination, one body at a time.

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 09:37:44 AM »

I love words. Sometimes using those 10 dollar words are the best fit for a story, avoiding the normal overusage of standard phrases, going for the poetry of description and expression makes the imagination kick in and then the story becomes more than the sum of the words.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.
psiberzerker
Freakishly Strange

Fame 41

^Lady Lisa Lyon^

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 08:06:07 PM »

Well, for Erotic writing, I much prefer that to the dry apathic usually 3rd person descriptions of stats, and actions.  IDK, maybe it's just me, but she's a pair of 34C cups, and he's 8" of throbbing manhood, without any passion, personality, conflict, or really anything.  Oh, and they have names too.  

I'd even rather leave the physical descriptions up to the reader, but without any motivation, or emotion behind it, I might as well [X] out the brouser, and watch How It's Made reruns on youtube.  That's about how sexy, and exciting these "Erotic" stories are to me.

"She shivers, and moans as he inserts the 6mm Allen wench into the hexagonal slot, and gives it a quarter turn with a grin, and a wink."
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 08:16:09 PM by psiberzerker » Logged

Feedback is always welcome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: