KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

I voted

Guest · 2577

psiberzerker

on: October 23, 2018, 09:45:42 PM
I'm an Anarchist, i had to bend over backwards to register without an address, I'm currently being voted out of Existence, and I voted.

I had to stand in line, 45 minutes in First Assemblies of God (Pentecostal Holiness) Church, which is excruciatingly uncomfortable to me, I had a panic attack, and I was surrounded by illegal red [Keep America Great] hats.

Yet I voted.  What's your excuse?

If you come in here, and pretend to give a cintillafuck about Politics, get out there, and vote.  I don't even care who you vote for, get out there, and do it.  
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 09:52:29 PM by psiberzerker »

ChirpingGirl

Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 10:17:22 PM
I haven't decided if I'm going to.

No one likes either of the idiots trying to be governor. It's between a Republican who did nothing right for 4 years, and a Democrat who wants to turns us into a sanctuary state.

:roll:

It's the same story. Vote one idiot in to replace another idiot, then do it all over again in a few years.

psiberzerker

Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 10:26:27 PM
No one likes either of the idiots trying to be governor. It's between a Republican who did nothing right for 4 years, and a Democrat who wants to turns us into a sanctuary state.

And the House of Representatives?  This year, among other things, we are voting whether or not to Impeach a President.

If you pretend to care, then participate.  Your excuse is you don't like any of the candidates?  That's it.

Apathy kills democracy.  It's not the Olympics, you can't just tune in every 4 years, to see if there's anyone interesting on.  All you can do then is bitch about the outcome.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 10:49:17 PM
He's not getting impeached, get over it.  :roll:

It's never anything but vote for the lesser of two evils and you know that. I either vote for someone who couldn't run the state into anything but the ground, and another who wants to run it even deeper into it and turn us into California. Decisions decisions.  :roll:

Maybe I'll just vote for the current idiot because at the very least you know exactly the level of incompetence you're going to get.

psiberzerker

Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 11:07:00 PM
He's not getting impeached, get over it.

AN-AR-CHIST

Look it up.  I have been saying for years, that he is the perfect candidate to COLLAPSE THE GOVERNMENT.  I don't want him to get impeached, until he does that.

Do you understand that?

Now, that being said "He is not getting impeached, get over it." is right up there with "I can absolutely pardon myself."

Totalitarianism.  You're obviously okay with that, not the subject of this topic.  neither is making excuses why you probably won't vote.

I voted, in the hopes that this will be my last opportunity to participate in democracy, before it falls.  (Also to see if it could be done.)

Again, you're pretending to care, and making excuses for why you don't.  My hero.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 11:09:29 PM

_priapism

Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 01:07:28 AM
He's not getting impeached, get over it.

AN-AR-CHIST

Look it up.  I have been saying for years, that he is the perfect candidate to COLLAPSE THE GOVERNMENT.  I don't want him to get impeached, until he does that.

Do you understand that?

Now, that being said "He is not getting impeached, get over it." is right up there with "I can absolutely pardon myself."

Totalitarianism.  You're obviously okay with that, not the subject of this topic.  neither is making excuses why you probably won't vote.

I voted, in the hopes that this will be my last opportunity to participate in democracy, before it falls.  (Also to see if it could be done.)

Again, you're pretending to care, and making excuses for why you don't.  My hero.

Plans are underway to negate any election results that strip the GOP of Congressional control.  And yes, I agree.  This will probably be the last free election in America.  We’ll have a false flag attack, suspension of fundamental rights, and imposition of martial law before 2020.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 05:14:08 AM by Schmo »

ChirpingGirl

Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 01:47:28 AM
 :emot_laughing:

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1605/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 04:06:38 PM

It's the same story. Vote one idiot in to replace another idiot, then do it all over again in a few years.

I am with you, CG, on next month's governor's race. The money spent by both is obscene, especially when most of their ads tell the voters little of what they plan to do if elected or reelected. At this rate, only the uber wealthy will be running for office. But I haven't missed an election since I was able to vote so I will vote to the best of my knowledge on the candidates I would like to see elected.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 04:40:09 PM

I am with you, CG, on next month's governor's race. The money spent by both is obscene, especially when most of their ads tell the voters little of what they plan to do if elected or reelected. At this rate, only the uber wealthy will be running for office. But I haven't missed an election since I was able to vote so I will vote to the best of my knowledge on the candidates I would like to see elected.

The governor race here was well past $200 million reported back in June. 200+ MILLION dollars. Our budget sure could use 200 million dollars. But that's not how it works, is it? The democrat spent 100 million of his own money. The governor has spent well over a million on attack ads.

Our governor was already a rich man. The Democrat who wants to replace him is himself a fucking billionaire. It's two spoiled little rich brats fighting over who gets to wreck the state for the next few years.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3086/-41
Reply #10 on: October 24, 2018, 05:00:20 PM

The governor race here was well past $200 million reported back in June. 200+ MILLION dollars. Our budget sure could use 200 million dollars. But that's not how it works, is it? The democrat spent 100 million of his own money. The governor has spent well over a million on attack ads.

Our governor was already a rich man. The Democrat who wants to replace him is himself a fucking billionaire. It's two spoiled little rich brats fighting over who gets to wreck the state for the next few years.

Reading between the lines, it's clear that your state is my home state. And I share your frustrations with the current gubernatorial campaign.

However, unless your a Communist (and I strongly suspect you are not), then you're right, that's not how it works. Forcing rich people to give their money to the government isn't the most effective political system.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

ChirpingGirl

Reply #11 on: October 24, 2018, 05:08:22 PM
CJ's no commie.

IdleBoast

Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 09:11:49 PM

People died to get you that vote.

To my mind that means you have a moral obligation to ensure you retain and exercise your franchise.  Even if you don't decide who to vote for until you are stood in the booth, you should vote.

I taught both my sons: if you do not take part in the democratic process, you have no right to complain about the outcome and consequences of a democratic decision.

I have had the right to vote for 32 years and 11 months - I have never, ever failed to exercise that right, at any level.  My wife has voted almost as often as I have (she's younger than me), my eldest has not missed a vote for four years, and my youngest has just made sure he's on the electoral roll, even though the next election is some time away.

psiberzerker

Reply #13 on: October 25, 2018, 09:24:00 PM
To my mind that means you have a moral obligation to ensure you retain and exercise your franchise. 

No.  We have the Right to vote, if it's obligatory, or mandatory, then it's not a right.  We have the right to marry too, but nobody, least of all can force us to.

IdleBoast

Reply #14 on: October 25, 2018, 10:31:26 PM
And, right there, is the reason the US and so many other "democratic" countries are unduly influenced by extremists of one form or another, unafraid to act solely for their own benefit, knowing that the electorate are so disaffected that they cannot be bothered to punish the offenders in the ballot box*.

You don't like the individual a party offers? Join the party and make them offer somebody sensible. Stand yourself. Start your own party. Turn up at meetings and be voluble (I have had stand-up public rows with councillors and MPs). Write another name on the ballot paper.

Don't give me bollocks about having a "right not to vote", when "the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men to do nothing".

(*I do not exclude my own nation from this; Theresa May was elected to parliament by 37,000 people out of 76,000, and became our Premier without a single vote being cast. We've been lumped with Brexit because nearly three in ten of the population did not bother to vote.)

psiberzerker

Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 10:43:19 PM
Don't give me bollocks about having a "right not to vote", when "the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men to do nothing".

True, however that's not a justification to compel someone else to exercise that right.  When it's forced, or obligated, then it ceases to be a Right.  Then it's a Responsibility, and it puts you in the wrong by trying to control their vote.  Either for your side, or to vote at all.  Doesn't make not voting right, it just makes you just as wrong.

Remember that, everyone can be wrong.  Not everyone can be right.  (Also, nobody is right all the time, we just all think that we are.) Don't become a dictator, in the relentless pursuit of stopping tyrants.  That just makes you the tyrant, instead of someone else.  You can tell them that not voting is not helping, but you cannot cooerce them to vote.  That is just as much against Democracy in the other direction.

wayne3218

Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 10:49:22 PM
I have voted in every local and state and federal election for the last 48 years just not in any of the US elections.
Knowing if I don’t the other bastards might get elected.

psiberzerker

Reply #17 on: October 25, 2018, 10:53:06 PM
I have voted in every local and state and federal election for the last 48 years just not in any of the US elections.
Knowing if I don’t the other bastards might get elected.

Even if they still do, at least you participated.  I just can't see not voting, in protest of Democracy, and bitching about the failure of democracy, in the same sentence.  It's an excuse, and a poor one.  One sure way to guarantee that your vote won't count is by not voting, but worse than that, they're also calling elections ahead of time, and trying to convince others not to vote, because it's futile?  That's insane, we wouldn't have gotten here in the first place if it weren't for Berners refusing to vote, because the Hillites gaslit them.

IdleBoast

Reply #18 on: October 25, 2018, 11:15:31 PM
Haha I can smell the self-righteousness from here. Congratulations, you're saving the world one ballot at a time.

Which seems to be more than you're doing.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #19 on: October 25, 2018, 11:33:40 PM

People died to get you that vote.

To my mind that means you have a moral obligation to ensure you retain and exercise your franchise.  Even if you don't decide who to vote for until you are stood in the booth, you should vote.

I taught both my sons: if you do not take part in the democratic process, you have no right to complain about the outcome and consequences of a democratic decision.

I have had the right to vote for 32 years and 11 months - I have never, ever failed to exercise that right, at any level.  My wife has voted almost as often as I have (she's younger than me), my eldest has not missed a vote for four years, and my youngest has just made sure he's on the electoral roll, even though the next election is some time away.

I vote. I also have the right not to vote when I don't approve of the available choices. it's no different than some dumb shit reality show. If both singers suck, I have the right to not vote for either of them.

Having said that, I'm voting. But who I vote for is up to me. Needless to say it will be the lesser of evil, and that's the only reason.  :roll: