KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

What the fuck, Ohio?

Guest · 1071

IdleBoast

on: November 24, 2018, 11:32:00 PM
Ohio is working to make abortion a capital offense, and trying to criminalise contraception!

https://www.salon.com/2018/11/21/ohio-republicans-declare-motherhood-necessary-want-to-make-it-mandatory/#.W_iAy4vzied.twitter

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 03:17:18 AM
The hyper-Christian right is backing this sort of thing, not normal folks in Ohio.  Sadly they are louder than most and manage to elect people as nuts as they are.

Imagine, if women that choose not to have children (by using contraception) are just "selfish", what they would think of lesbians?

Hey blockheads! If you really value children over abortion, maybe you should just pay women to have children and then pay for their support.

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 12:22:16 PM
They want these laws to be challenged and kicked up higher in the courts so eventually they end up with SCOTUS overturning Roe v. Wade.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 07:21:41 PM

If the Supreme Court unwisely overturns Roe vs Wade, then The People have an option.  Supreme Court Justices may have a lifetime job, but that can be rescinded.

We the People form this State, not the government functionaries.  Luckily our forefathers had just gotten though battling an unjust government themselves, and added in the 2nd Amendment.  There are times when The People need to be able to bear arms to support this State, or redirect it back onto a more reasonable path.

Everyone dies.  Some do it unnaturally.

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

psiberzerker

Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 07:29:05 PM
Roe v Wade has already passed SCotUS.  It hasn't changed, the ruling can't be changed.  It's specifically set up so that you can't just replace the bench, and ask again.  The Supreme Court is not a magic 8 ball.  They have no party affiliation, the law has no party affiliation.

Double Jeopardy.  Asked, and answered.  Moving on...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 07:32:33 PM by psiberzerker »

IdleBoast

Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 09:24:44 PM

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 10:21:03 PM
Roe v Wade has already passed SCotUS.  It hasn't changed, the ruling can't be changed.  It's specifically set up so that you can't just replace the bench, and ask again.  The Supreme Court is not a magic 8 ball.  They have no party affiliation, the law has no party affiliation.

Bullshit, and living in Texas you ought to know it.  The US Supreme Court can and HAS reversed prior decisions.  The law is not stagnant, although it's generally hard to change a ruling.

If you don't believe it, read this:
https://money.howstuffworks.com/10-overturned-supreme-court-cases.htm

The 2003 Lawrence v. Texas ruling overturned the 1986 Bowers v. Hardwick decision, so you can now have anal sex in privacy.  Legally.  Can't do it on the city streets, but the law is at least fair, for now.

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 10:24:22 PM

Double Jeopardy.  Asked, and answered.  Moving on...

I'd like to see a credible, verifiable source from you that states it can't be overturned.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 10:34:41 PM

Ask Toe.  He'll support what I'd said, and he probably remembers the 10 different situations mentioned in the URL I provided.  That's pretty close to a 'proof' that it's a flexible system.

Lawrence v. Texas doesn't affect *me*, but then again I never was into anal.  I still support the decision.  I don't need the Government in my bedroom.

psiberzerker

Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 11:44:25 PM
...living in Texas you ought to know it.

You don't know much about Texas schools, do you?

note to self: Still not a lawyer.

_priapism

Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 01:30:36 AM

Ask Toe.  He'll support what I'd said, and he probably remembers the 10 different situations mentioned in the URL I provided.  That's pretty close to a 'proof' that it's a flexible system.

Lawrence v. Texas doesn't affect *me*, but then again I never was into anal.  I still support the decision.  I don't need the Government in my bedroom.

I’m only a Texass lawyer, but I’ve taken a case to SCOTUS.  ANYTHING can be overturned.  Fortunately we’ve headed in a progressive direction most of the past two centuries, but we’ve had some set backs.  And if Trump is re-elected, we will likely have more.  Roe v. Wade is not sacrosanct.  It is vulnerable in a dozen different ways.  Access to abortion is being restricted or eliminated all over the country.

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 02:15:03 AM
...living in Texas you ought to know it.

You don't know much about Texas schools, do you?

note to self: Still not a lawyer.

If you're gonna act like a fuckin' know-it-all, then yeah, I expect you to know that Texas had a sodomy law and SCOTUS made it illegal, especially when it impacts your expression of sexuality and/or your alternate career.  You don't get to act like BOTH a bright bulb and a dimwit.

Hell, I found out about it just after I moved here, and it's not particularly relevant to me.  Schools don't teach you much but facts; after the Internet was born I looked up all of the laws that might affect me.  I did the same after I moved here.  If you've been here your whole life, then you ought to have some knowledge of the laws that they enforce in Texass.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 02:49:04 AM
The Crux of Roe v. Wade is the right to privacy. The right argues that since "privacy" is not mentioned in the Constitution there is no such right.
The left says it is strongly implied.

So think about it.

The repeal of Roe v Wade would effect more than abortion.

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #13 on: November 26, 2018, 03:29:47 AM
It's possible -not likely I'd imagine- if SCOTUS overturns Roe v. Wade they make it a narrow decision.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

psiberzerker

Reply #14 on: November 26, 2018, 03:31:50 AM
If you're gonna act like a fuckin' know-it-all, then yeah.

Then I'm going to stop being such a know-it-all.  (I wasn't that bad.)  I'm not a lawyer.  Got that.

You don't get to act like BOTH a bright bulb and a dimwit.

Oh, there's rules now?  No mistakes, defenitely don't admit you ever made a mistake, then they'll never believe you.  I fucked up, I got it.  I need to stay but of legal disputes, or try to.  Impulse control, I'm going to have to learn that too.

Look, I never claimed to be an expert on everything.  I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes wrong.  You know what?  That's just not getting any better.

If you've been here your whole life, then you ought to have some knowledge of the laws that they enforce in Texas.

I haven't been here my whole life, I've lived all over the country, my whole life.  That includes 3 different times (In 3 different decades) in Texas.

I don't even believe in someone literally knowing it all.  I certainly never implied that I do.  

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +379/-9
Reply #16 on: December 01, 2018, 10:48:15 PM
Now Oklahoma is at it...

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2018/11/30/ok-legislator-files-bill-to-put-women-in-jail-for-life-if-they-have-an-abortion/

Getting a bit carried away aren't we..??
I wonder when they take away our right to vote, or drive, or own anything.....??
Maybe Silk needs to find another job.

Love,
Liz

psiberzerker

Reply #17 on: December 01, 2018, 11:19:18 PM
Yo dog.  I heard you like killing, so we're going to kill mothers for killing babies to show them how wrong killing people is.  Not like, invest in WiC, or PP to make sure there's less need for abortions, or infant mortality by other means.  No, let's go with the Death Penalty.

That plan is about as well thought out as bombing hospitals, an assassinating medical practitioners with the battle cry "Life Is Precious!"

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #18 on: December 02, 2018, 12:14:11 AM
No. The right to life movemt is overflowing with people whose real emphasis is right to birth. After you are born then fuck you if you don’t Have enough to eat or need medical assistance, or decent schools.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +379/-9
Reply #19 on: December 02, 2018, 08:29:29 PM
Yo dog.  I heard you like killing, so we're going to kill mothers for killing babies to show them how wrong killing people is.  Not like, invest in WiC, or PP to make sure there's less need for abortions, or infant mortality by other means.  No, let's go with the Death Penalty.

That plan is about as well thought out as bombing hospitals, an assassinating medical practitioners with the battle cry "Life Is Precious!"

Kinda Like George Carlin....??
Makes about as much sense as "Fucking For Virginity"...??

Love,
Liz