News:

Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope

Athos_131 · 7175

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +379/-9
Reply #20 on: January 15, 2019, 02:39:54 PM
The "soap chips" story is because the early gelling agents was a mix of "powdered aluminium soap of napthalene and palmitate" (palmitate is a medium-length fatty acid found in palm oil).

However, napalm hasn't contained napthalene or palm oil since the 1960s.

Modern napalm ("napalm B") is no secret, it's simply a mixture of gasoline (33%), benzene (21%) and (poly)styrene (46%) [other gelling agents can be used, such as celluloid - a "resistance" version of napalm is basically a big pile of ping-pong balls dissolved in petrol], typically ignited with thermite: the addition of styrene increases the ignition temperature significantly, largely by reducing the vapour pressure of the gasoline - apparently it used to be a tactic to ignite cannisters of napalm with thrown grenades to spread it more widely, but grenades do not burn hot enough for long enough to ignite napalm B.

(I'm old enough that this stuff used to be legal to teach in science class. Technically, I just committed at least two offences under UK anti-terrorism laws by typing this comment; it's evidence that I both possess and shared information of use to a terrorist, a terror group or in the execution of an act of terror.)

Interesting side for those interested in the politics of weaponry:

The US Department of Defence still define napalm as containing aluminium soap, so the modern formulation allowed the use of napalm B in Operation Iraqi Freedom, as the hot burning stuff sprayed by the marines was technically an incendiary device, not an anti-personnel weapon.

My dad was a Marine in Vietnam.......
Even though he was a CO of a helicopter squadron, his guys used to help out making home made napalm.
They would take a 55 gallon drum of gasoline / jet fuel / whatever / and mix tide soap powder in with it (he never told me ratio, so I don't know)....they would then load about 20-30 drums on the ramp of a C-130 and use it as a napalm bomber.
They used flares taped to the drums to ignite the stuff when it hit the ground.
(and no I have no idea how well it worked, nobody ever told me, and I have no interest in experimentation either).

Love,
Liz

IdleBoast

Reply #21 on: January 15, 2019, 02:55:49 PM
(I'm old enough that this stuff used to be legal to teach in science class. Technically, I just committed at least two offences under UK anti-terrorism laws by typing this comment; it's evidence that I both possess and shared information of use to a terrorist, a terror group or in the execution of an act of terror.)

I'll be more impressed when you become a drug kingpin who starts a meth lab in a winnebago.

#Resist

I have had serious propositions on more than one occasion.

If I didn't have a moral code, I'd have been rich or dead years ago.

psiberzerker

Reply #22 on: January 15, 2019, 03:01:10 PM
On a similar note, I used to buy coke in Chapel Hill and rock it up to sell crack in Durham.  I'm not proud of myself, but I learned how by reading "Clockers" (Richard Price)

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #23 on: January 18, 2019, 12:33:21 PM

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #24 on: January 25, 2019, 05:25:58 PM

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #25 on: January 30, 2019, 12:57:37 AM

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #26 on: January 30, 2019, 02:35:10 AM
It’s so hot in Australia that snakes are seeking refuge in people’s toilets

Luke Huntley, a snake catcher in Queensland, had to remove snakes from people’s bathrooms, as the country experiences a record-setting heat wave. Last week, he removed a seven-foot python that had slithered into an open door and climbed into the shower not only to escape the heat but also to find water. Days earlier, he pulled a small tree snake that had coiled in another homeowner’s toilet bowl.

“With the hot days and dry weather, these snakes are trying to hydrate and stay cool just like us,” Huntley wrote on his Facebook page.

Also recently, an unsuspecting woman went into a dimly lit bathroom of a Brisbane home, not bothering to look into the toilet bowl. After she sat down, she felt a “tap” on her skin followed by a sharp pain, Helen Richards told the Australian Broadcasting Corp. She looked down and saw a python looking up at her.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #27 on: February 08, 2019, 01:55:28 AM
Clean Your Phone Right Now

“The screen itself is a harbinger for carrying bacterias and viruses,” he said over the phone. “There have been multiple reports of infections being transmitted by the screens of our phones.”

Flu viruses that are capable of infecting others, for instance, can last on hard surfaces for as long as 24 hours, according to one study. This means anyone who touches your phone in that time could be vulnerable.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1753/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #28 on: February 08, 2019, 03:01:00 AM

Ewww, not even reading.  I'm grossed out just thinking about what it might say.   I'll just go get a clorox wipe now.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #29 on: February 08, 2019, 03:51:14 AM

Ewww, not even reading.  I'm grossed out just thinking about what it might say.   I'll just go get a clorox wipe now.

Just attacked mine also.  Ewwwww.

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #30 on: February 12, 2019, 06:55:23 PM
Brazil invaded by venomous yellow SCORPIONS as climate change pushes them into major cities

Worse yet, the species terrorizing Brazilians is the highly venomous yellow scorpion, or tityus serrulatus.

It reproduces through the miracle of parthenogenesis, meaning a female scorpion simply generates copies of herself twice a year – no male participation required.

Each parthenogenesis can spawn up to 20 to 30 baby scorpions. Though most will die in their first days and weeks of life, ridding Brazilian cities of scorpions would be a herculean, if not downright impossible, task.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1753/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #31 on: February 12, 2019, 07:15:06 PM

Most of your headlines are "nope, nope, nope, nope" to me.   I can't even bring myself to read the linked content.   

Venomous Yellow Scorpions?    Ewww.  I'll erase Brazil off my bucketlist of places to visit.  Not going.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #32 on: February 12, 2019, 08:01:55 PM

Most of your headlines are "nope, nope, nope, nope" to me.   I can't even bring myself to read the linked content.   

Venomous Yellow Scorpions?    Ewww.  I'll erase Brazil off my bucketlist of places to visit.  Not going.

When I was a kid, we spent summers at the lake, and encountered an occasional scorpion.  My grandmother insisted we all shake out our shoes, before putting them on, because “a scorpion may have crawled in there during the night.”  Fifty years later?  I still shake out my shoes in the morning.  Thank you Grandma.

wayne3218

Reply #33 on: February 12, 2019, 09:05:05 PM
Short-spined Sea Scorpion (Myoxocephalus scorpius)

Scorpionfish are masters of camouflage, enabling them to lie in wait for their victims to come close, before lunging forward and inhaling their prey with their large mouths.
When disturbed they raise the spines along their backs and will usually move off out of harms way, however, if cornered they are able to charge at considerable speed.
Highly dangerous and poisonous with venomous spines along its back if trodden on etc., can cause death!

I’m never going into the water again.

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #34 on: February 14, 2019, 12:29:35 AM

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #35 on: March 02, 2019, 01:31:24 AM
Time Now for Some Gnarly Photos of Spiders Eating Other Animals

“We looked over and we saw a large tarantula on top of an opossum,” said Grundler in the press release. “The opossum had already been grasped by the tarantula and was still struggling weakly at that point, but after about 30 seconds it stopped kicking.”

The tarantula was described as being as big as a dinner plate, and the opossum about the size of a softball. It’s considered the first visual documentation of an opossum being preyed upon by a large mygalomorph spider, a group that includes tarantulas.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #37 on: March 22, 2019, 12:40:36 AM

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

_priapism

Reply #38 on: April 08, 2019, 08:13:45 PM

Offline Army of One

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +192/-2
Reply #39 on: April 08, 2019, 10:23:14 PM

I don't know which is scarier, Toe, that, or the eye butt plug that was posted in another pics thread.

Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.