KRISTEN'S ARCHIVES
    click here
  • #TEAM-MSSLAVE
    You Got This!
  • #TEAM-MSSLAVE
    We Love You!
  • #TEAM-MSSLAVE
    Stay Strong. Fight Like Hell!
  • Become a member for access to more areas of our message board, it's free!  Register here.
  • Congratulations to Shiela
    Kristen's Board 2021 Pervert Of The Year!

Soccer

MintJulie · 17118

Offline Clitical Thinking

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +327/-17
Reply #735 on: September 21, 2022, 03:58:21 PM
Who remembers Loris Karius? I was reading something about how that Champions League final against Real Madrid in 2018 basically destroyed him mentally, and I went to look up where he's playing these days and if he was even still involved with football.

Turns out, he signed for a new club a little over a week ago. Newcastle  ;D

Not a bad idea, really. It looks like Newcastle want to have someone other than Dubrovka be the long-term keeper for the next few years, and Pope seems to be the guy, but then there are Karius and Darlow to make for some competition for him. It gives Karius a chance to rehabilitate his career, and should he somehow find his way back to his old pre-2018 form, NUFC could potentially have an amazing keeper for the next five to ten years.

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #736 on: September 21, 2022, 06:00:12 PM
Speaking of goalkeepers, somehow I've been missing out on Ben Foster the entire time. He's always got an interesting story to tell, it seems

... and it seems that Newcastle even wanted him recently - trying to snap up all the goalkeepers, are they? - but he's decided to retire and focus on content creation instead.

Offline Dirtymind

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +103/-1
Reply #737 on: September 22, 2022, 09:31:47 PM
Who remembers Loris Karius? I was reading something about how that Champions League final against Real Madrid in 2018 basically destroyed him mentally, and I went to look up where he's playing these days and if he was even still involved with football.

Turns out, he signed for a new club a little over a week ago. Newcastle  ;D

Not a bad idea, really. It looks like Newcastle want to have someone other than Dubrovka be the long-term keeper for the next few years, and Pope seems to be the guy, but then there are Karius and Darlow to make for some competition for him. It gives Karius a chance to rehabilitate his career, and should he somehow find his way back to his old pre-2018 form, NUFC could potentially have an amazing keeper for the next five to ten years.

I think many forget he was concussed by Sergio Ramos. It's never good to see someone falter like that

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #738 on: September 22, 2022, 10:12:02 PM
Wow, thanks for bringing that up, I actually totally missed hearing about that  :o :facepalm:

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1356/-55
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #739 on: Today at 03:29:25 AM
England vs Germany ended in a 3 - 3 draw. Give credit to England being down 2 - 0 in the second half and then scoring three straight goals until Germany scored the final and tying goal with two minutes left in regulation.

One question, CT.  Maguire? 😁

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #740 on: Today at 05:02:09 AM
One question, CT.  Maguire? 😁

I'd love to know what kind of dirt he's had on his managers. It must be some seriously scandalous material that only ten Hag has had the balls to drop him  ;D

Feels like Maguire's been hyped up in the past to the point where he started to believe the bullshit himself. ...and it's almost like everyone but ten Hag worries that if they drop ol slab head and the team loses anyway, then there's room for criticism that starting the "best" center back might have turned things around.