KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Defunct story sites

Fron3tt3 · 7056

Offline Fron3tt3

• Not Yet A Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +0/-0
on: March 04, 2019, 08:45:47 AM
I'm trying to use the wayback machine to archive stories from story sites that went belly up. I've gotten White Shadow, Shylock Fox and Synette archived a bit but I can't remember any other ones. If you can remember any other sites, it would be a great help.

Offline AB-2007

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +197/-6
    • My Story Site
Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 03:51:30 AM
I don't know about websites, but you might try this for an author list that was current in the 90's. You might be able to extrapolate sites from author names on Wayback.

https://www.asstr.org/files/FAQs_and_Information/Ole_Joes_Guide_v15.txt

Offline Fron3tt3

• Not Yet A Pervert
Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 08:12:12 AM
Good idea. Thx!  :D

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 07:16:58 PM
Here's one that's not dead (yet):  http://lustybooks.com/index.html

I have the xNovel siterip from the old NeatoPotato site somewhere around here... I've posted it a couple of times.  I'll look around if you're interested.

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

Offline Fron3tt3

• Not Yet A Pervert
Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 04:48:57 AM
Thanks for the suggestions!

Remington555

Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 01:25:14 PM
Here's one that's not dead (yet):  http://lustybooks.com/index.html

Clicking on a book title gives three options, read online, download .e-pub file and download .mobi file. Clicking on either of the download links doesn't seem to work. I tried 2 different browsers with the same results.

Reading online gives you other open tabs with the kind of ads I try to avoid because they are often malicious, although the way I have Firefox configured, the ads don't come up. I only know about them because I resorted to Edge to see if the downloads would work.

Anyone been able to actually get an e-pub/mobi to download?

Remmy

Offline Riggsa

• Not Yet A Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +1/-0
Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 07:39:52 PM
I'm trying to use the wayback machine to archive stories from story sites that went belly up. I've gotten White Shadow, Shylock Fox and Synette archived a bit but I can't remember any other ones. If you can remember any other sites, it would be a great help.

White shadows started me down a path I've never recovered from. How can I see this site again?

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1750/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #7 on: April 15, 2022, 07:53:54 PM
Sometimes in google searches, there is a little address above the main link.  To the right of that is three little buttons.  Click that and you will see a "cache" link. 
Might be one way to get your info.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline madrasminar

• New Pervert
Reply #8 on: March 01, 2024, 04:28:22 AM
Sometimes in google searches, there is a little address above the main link.  To the right of that is three little buttons.  Click that and you will see a "cache" link. 
Might be one way to get your info.

As of this year (January 2024) google has abandoned its cache. I used to google for stories and read on the cache. Now even that option is gone :-(