News:

Is body modesty harmful?

krool1969 · 1223

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3085/-41
Reply #20 on: March 14, 2019, 09:12:47 PM

If it is done discretely, why not?

Because 1 place is intended for people to eat, and the other one is for getting rid of waste.  (For instance changing diapers.)  I just have to point out the insane irony of forcing a mother to feed her child in such an unsanitary place, because the other customers might get a glimpse of a nipple.

Or the insane irony of not allowing a baby to eat...in a restaurant.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

psiberzerker

Reply #21 on: March 14, 2019, 09:24:35 PM
Or the insane irony of not allowing a baby to eat...in a restaurant.

Right?  You can't feed that here.  Like a dog, not a human being, someone might see it.  Not that it's unsanitary, why don't you take it in the restroom, where you can have some privacy.

Because some stuck up prudes can't think of anything non-sexual to do with a fucking nipple.

_priapism

Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 10:15:34 PM

Because some stuck up prudes can't think of anything non-sexual to do with a fucking nipple.

And some unstuck perverts...   :emot_thdrool: :emot_thdrool: :emot_thdrool:

psiberzerker

Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 10:18:21 PM
And some unstuck perverts...   :emot_thdrool: :emot_thdrool: :emot_thdrool:

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 02:25:17 AM

To answer the original question: not always.

My parents weren't open about it.  Mom was an RN, but didn't play Doctor at home.  Nudity was never allowed at home after we were babies.

After I left home, I turned into an occasional nudist.  The closest nude hotsprings was a 90 minute drive north of Phoenix, and I took regular sabbaticals there.  I'm skinny, and nothing whatsoever like a Greek god, but that didn't matter there.  It was very refreshing to find people that weren't afraid of their skin.

I'd have been more than willing to pass on the rotund German tourists, though.   :o 

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #25 on: March 15, 2019, 04:38:09 PM

To answer the original question: not always.

My parents weren't open about it.  Mom was an RN, but didn't play Doctor at home.  Nudity was never allowed at home after we were babies.

After I left home, I turned into an occasional nudist.  The closest nude hotsprings was a 90 minute drive north of Phoenix, and I took regular sabbaticals there.  I'm skinny, and nothing whatsoever like a Greek god, but that didn't matter there.  It was very refreshing to find people that weren't afraid of their skin.

I'd have been more than willing to pass on the rotund German tourists, though.   :o 

I love how you use the word "refreshing" here. It's the perfect word. And, in a real way, the "rotund German tourists" played a role in that.

My sole experience at a nude beach -- and I kept my bottom on except when I was in the water -- was similar. It was in Hawaii on a weekday late morning, and the majority of the people there were "rotund" Polynesian women with their kids (along with a handful of frat boy newlyweds). It was very natural, and that made it very refreshing.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1754/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 04:45:12 PM

My sole experience at a nude beach -- and I kept my bottom on except when I was in the water -- was similar. It was in Hawaii on a weekday late morning.

And now it's my mind enjoying THAT mental image.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #27 on: March 15, 2019, 05:54:24 PM

And now it's my mind enjoying THAT mental image.

Which image, the "rotund" Polynesian women?

psiberzerker

Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 06:01:38 PM

I have to admit that I like the Polynesian look.  Not just their figures, but also their faces, and of course the long dark hair.  It's a good look, and the dress flatters it too.

We grew up with casual nudity.  My brother, sister, and I.  When we lived in Corpus Christi, all we had was natural air conditioning.  We put box fans up to enhance the sea breeze, then switched them around when it went the other way.  Dad also drove far enough down Padre Island )Which is over a hundred miles long) that we could run around naked, and they could beach under the parawing. 

Yeah, I'm fucked up, but it has nothing to do with seeing my siblings naked when I was a little...  Kid.  (It had more to do with being forced to go through the wrong puberty in North Carolina, and Texas, where #TransphobiaIsHomophobia.)  For one thing, it was the 70s, and my parents were hippies in the 60s.  So, we also knew a lot of family where nudity just wasn't a big deal.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 06:08:06 PM by psiberzerker »

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #29 on: March 15, 2019, 06:05:29 PM

I have to admit that I like the Polynesian look.  Not just their figures, but also their faces, and of course the long dark hair.  It's a good look, and the dress flatters it too.

psiberzerker

Reply #30 on: March 15, 2019, 06:09:58 PM

Can I make my own damned points?  I don't have to stick to your point, or be smacked down whenever I discuss other points, and this is getting really fucking old.  Okay?  I wasn't the one that started this tangent about fat Polynesian, and German people on a beach, nor should I have to add a disclaimer that I don't want an argument in every single fucking thread, and still end up in an argument, because for some reason that's all the interaction anyone wants to have with me here.

You remind me constantly that "This isn't 1408" yourself, and you know that posting an image to make fun of somebody is considered trolling.  What do I have to do to join the cool kids club so we can discuss things like fucking adults?

Well, add this to the list of threads ruined by psiberzerker, and thanks for making it perfectly clear that I have a choice between being ignored in Sex Stories, or trolled everywhere else.  Have a nice day everyone.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 06:31:19 PM by psiberzerker »

psiberzerker

Reply #31 on: March 16, 2019, 04:00:01 PM
"The Point" of nudism is to get away from Modesty, and body shaming, not finding a place next to fat, German, or Polynesian women so you feel better about your body, or going to Hawaii, and judging the locals for their bodies after the fact, in another public forum.

Since we're talking about "The Point," now.  The point of this thread was how modesty, and body shaming can be harmful.  

Offline shaver

• Pussy Professor
  • Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +117/-1
  • I Like cars motorcycles eat pussy show cock
Reply #32 on: March 17, 2019, 04:13:27 PM
To keep it short I do think that in certain situations it can, in fact, be very damaging to self-esteem

Pussy oh how sweet it is

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #33 on: March 17, 2019, 08:24:13 PM

And my earlier point was that you can un-learn attitudes / morals like body shyness.  You're all adults: you're allowed to think how you choose to.  I chose otherwise.  My dad was a racist, and I'm my own person.  I don't see skin color until it's thrust in my face, then I go back to ignoring it again.  There's a number of things I unlearned once I moved out on my own.

40 years later, I'm still not a Greek god.  :D  I'm good with that.

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

psiberzerker

Reply #34 on: March 17, 2019, 08:35:14 PM
When I was in middle school (In North Carolina) I noticed most of the kids that smoked had non-smoking parents, and most of the nonsmokers had smoking parents.

Whether you rebel against the attitudes of your family, or adopt them, you're still influenced by them.