KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are views important?  (Read 27 times)
Big Papa Usagi
New Pervert

Fame 3

« on: March 14, 2019, 04:13:25 PM »

I've never really cared that much about views, since it doesn't tell me what people thought of my story or if they even finished reading a chapter before rushing out and writing me off as someone to stay away from. But it often takes weeks or even months for my stories to get any feedback it seems, no matter where I seem to post them. When I do check my view numbers, although not being earth shattering, they do seem to fall in the moderate success range for something with the niche combo of kinks I put in (futanari, underage, a lot of blowjobs and non-penetrative sex acts considering, etc.). Should I learn to pay more attention to the view numbers more often and not get discouraged that often most posts in my threads are just me either updating new chapters or the status of when the next chapter might be, or should trying to get people to say what they thought about it still be my big hope from readers? Are views more important than I thought, or is no one responding because I'm just not that good at it?
psiberzerker
Burnt at the stake

Fame 77

^Lady Lisa Lyon^

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 04:29:22 PM »

Great Question.  I take what I can get.  While I would like more feedback than I do get, it's better than nothing, but views just tells you how many people clicked on a given story.  As I write them (In installments) I check in the upper right hand corner of the top post on a page, to see who's Still viewing the story.  I figure if say UsageYojimbo is still there after I upload another instalment, they stayed to read instead of getting off, or bored, and moving on to something else.  So, I also suggest keeping the story, or stories you're tracking (I think you have a couple so far) in separate tabs so you can refresh Who's Reading without adding a view of your own as a false positive.

As for content, Underage is extremely popular.  So, if you just stick to that forum, you should get more views, but I believe that there are Guest Bots that artificially inflate the top 3 in the most popular forums.  (Here, that would be SSBM, Incest, and UA)  Even if that isn't true, anyone who logs on is probably going to read the titles top-down to find something they like.  If it's marked (Futa) and they don't know what that means, you might draw people in just to find out.  (Similarly, other obscure terms like Meganekko.)

I hope this helps!

Disclaimer:  This is all Opinion, and not Professional Opinion.  I am NOT an Expert, and I don't want to argue.  I just want to discuss interesting subjects with like minded adults.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: