KB - a better class of pervert

News:

The President Biden Thread: All Things President Joe

joan1984 · 17813

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3086/-41
Reply #320 on: October 16, 2020, 11:49:34 PM

“Joe Biden has spent his long career in Washington, DC, coddling up to segregationists...

That canard has been thoroughly debunked, through it's not surprising that Mark Levin, Joan, and eater insist on repeating it.

It's true that Joe Biden worked with Robert Byrd in the Senate. It's true that Robert Byrd joined the KKK in the 1940s, and once led a KKK chapter with 150 members. It's true that Byrd worked against the Civil Rights Act of 1964. And it's true that Joe Biden offered a eulogy at Byrd's funeral in 2010, and referred to Byrd as a "friend," a "mentor," and a "guide."

But the part that Donald Trump and his minions deliberately omit, as they present this as shocking new information is that Joe Biden’s professional relationship with Robert Byrd is completely on the record, and visible for anyone to see, and it has been for a decade.

And that record omits the fact that in the late 1960s, Byrd completely -- and apologized for -- his words and action. He labeled his membership in the KKK as “an extraordinarily foolish mistake.” Byrd expanded upon this in his autobiography:

"My only explanation for the entire episode is that I was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision -- a jejune and immature outlook -- seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions."

By the time Biden first met Robert Byrd in 1973, Byrd had long since completely repudiated his previous stands. Biden did offer a eulogy at Byrd’s funder in 2010, but he praised Byrd as a legislator and a mentor.

More to the point, the president of the NAACP also spoke about Byrd when he died, proclaiming:

"Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation. Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to a being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act, and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country."

That describes the man whom Joe Biden considered a "friend" and "mentor."

I recognize that facts and reality have never stand in the way of right-wing propaganda. And I'll refrain pointing out that Donald Trump -- today, not 50-60 years ago -- coddles up with racists, white supremacists, KKK members, neo-Nazis, and white nationalists, and that he referred to them as "good people."

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #321 on: October 17, 2020, 12:08:35 AM
"...coddles up with racists, white supremacists, KKK members, neo-Nazis, and white nationalists, and that he referred to them as "good people."

Exactly when, do you believe President Trump, "coddles up with racists, white supremacists, KKK members neo-Nazis, and white nationalists, and that he referred to them as "good people" ?

As you know, should know, must know, he rejected such people and was very clear about such rejection, during his remarks regarding the Charlottesville demonstration(s) and the comments regarding citizens who attended, and or supported, keeping the statuary "as is", as well as the citizens who attended, and remained civil, who opposed such statuary, and wished it's removal.

A reading of the transcript of that day's remarks by the President, at the White House, in reply to Press Reporter's questions, is worth a read should you seek to see exactly what was said, when, by whom, rather than accepting the words of Media and Political misquotes, intentional misquotes of that day, which have become a 'mantra' for Democrat politicians since that day, and even into the first Presidential Election of 2020 debate, when that "intentional misquote" was worked into the question for President Trump, by the Debate Moderator, who there is NO DOUBT, KNEW the Quote, used in his question was a LIE...

So, apart from the Charlotesville supposed "quote", Exactly when, do you believe President Trump, "coddles up with racists, white supremacists, KKK members neo-Nazis, and white nationalists, and that he referred to them as "good people" ?

Thank you, MissBarbara, for your input, and reply.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #322 on: October 17, 2020, 12:53:13 AM
Remarks by President Trump on Saturday, 8/12/2017, during the Charlottesville Demonstration, while it was being dispersed. The News Conference was called to bring attention to the Veterans Administration, and the Charlottesville event led the conference:

"Thank you very much. As you know, this was a small press conference, but a very important one. And it was scheduled to talk about the great things that we're doing with the secretary on the Veterans Administration. And we will talk about that very much so in a little while. But I thought I should put out a comment as to what's going on in Charlottesville. So, again, I want to thank everybody for being here -- in particular I want to thank our incredible veterans. And thank you, fellows. Let me shake your hands. … Great people. They’re great people.

"But we're closely following the terrible events unfolding in Charlottesville, Va.. We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides. It's been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. This has been going on for a long, long time. It has no place in America. What is vital now is a swift restoration of law and order and the protection of innocent lives. No citizen should ever fear for their safety and security in our society. And no child should ever be afraid to go outside and play or be with their parents and have a good time.

"I just got off the phone with the governor of Virginia, Terry Mcauliffe, and we agree that the hate and the division must stop, and must stop right now. We have to come together as Americans with love for our nation and true -- really, I say this so strongly, true affection for each other. Our country is doing very well in so many ways. We have record, just absolute record, employment. We have unemployment the lowest it's been in almost 17 years. We have companies pouring into our country, Foxconn and car companies and so many others. They're coming back to our country. We're renegotiating trade deals to make them great for our country and great for the American worker. We have so many incredible things happening in our country, so when I watch Charlottesville, to me it's very, very sad.

"I want to salute the great work of the state and local police in Virginia. Incredible people, law enforcement, incredible people. And also the National Guard. They've really been working smart and working hard. They've been doing a terrific job. Federal authorities are also providing tremendous support to the governor; he thanked me for that. And we are here to provide whatever other assistance is need. We are ready, willing and able.

"Above all else, we must remember this truth, no matter our color, creed, religion or political party, we are all Americans first. We love our country. We love our God. We love our flag. We're proud of our country. We're proud of who we are. So, we want to get the situation straightened out in Charlottesville, and we want to study it. And we want to see what we're doing wrong as a country where things like this can happen. My administration is restoring the sacred bonds of loyalty between this nation and its citizens, but our citizens must also restore the bonds of trust and loyalty between one another. We must love each other, respect each other and cherish our history and our future together. So important. We have to respect each other. Ideally we have to love each other.

"And now to the Veteran's Administration where I'm so proud of (Veterans Affairs Secretary) David Shulkin and the job you've done. What you've done in such a short period of time, I think you folks would attest to it. …"
https://www.politifact.com/article/2017/aug/14/context-president-donald-trumps-saturday-statement/

On 8/14/2017 further remarks, as well as on 8/15/2017, more remarks on this topic went on to specifically address hate groups, by name for some of them, and to clarify for any who may not have understood the remarks of 8/12/2017 which occurred prior to a more complete grasp of the event which occurred that day in Charlottesville.

Offline eater

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +5/-6
Reply #323 on: October 17, 2020, 02:03:05 AM
funny everything about biden is a canard...but the wildest unlikely and oftentimes impossible statements about trump are "rock solid proven beyond a doubt" info from 'a source' :roll:

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #324 on: October 17, 2020, 10:58:07 AM
Biden's ABC town hall questioners
include former Obama speechwriter,
wife of former Pennsylvania Dem candidate

Former Obama-Biden administration speechwriter among questioners at ABC town hall
Tyler OlsonBy Tyler Olson | Fox News

Two of the questioners at the ABC town hall featuring Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden on Thursday had ties to high-profile Democrats, including one questioner who previously worked as a speechwriter in the Obama administration.

The queries came as President Trump, hundreds of miles away, was engaging in his own parallel town hall being aired on NBC. The ABC town hall was hosted by George Stephanopoulos, who was a communications director for the Bill Clinton White House and who has been a political journalist since 2002.

One of the questioners at the ABC-hosted event was Nathan Osburn, a former speechwriter for the Obama White House. Osburn specifically worked for the Office of Public Affairs at the Commerce Department under the Obama-Biden administration and at the Small Business Administration.

BIDEN MOVES ON COURT PACKING STANCE, WHILE TRUMP SPARS WITH NBC IN DUELING TOWN HALLS

Osburn's profession was listed as "communications" on the ABC town hall graphic and his city was listed as Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Osburn was quoted in the Philadelphia Inquirer earlier this year as "a former Obama administration speechwriter" who had created a "Philly for Pete group" aimed at boosting former Democratic presidential primary candidate Pete Buttigieg. And the LGBTQ Victory Institute listed Osburn as a senior speechwriter for the Small Business Administration in an article praising the Obama-Biden administration for its LGBTQ hiring practices.

"Amy Coney Barrett's being pushed through at the last minute, even though millions have already voted. So what do you think about ideas from people like Pete Buttigieg and others to put in place safeguards that will help ensure more long-term balance and stability?" Osburn asked Biden. "And what do you say to LGBTQ Americans and others who are very worried right now about erosions of their rights and our democracy as a whole?"

Biden, during the exchange that followed that question, was asked point-blank by Stephanopoulos whether voters deserve to know his stance on court-packing, and Biden reversed his previous stance of refusing to say what that position is before Election Day. He told the moderator that he would take a specific stand on that issue depending on how Republicans handle the ongoing confirmation effort of Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett.

Another questioner at the town hall was Mieke Haeck, who ABC presented as a physical therapist from State College, Pa.

'UNDECIDED VOTERS' AT NBC'S BIDEN TOWN HALL WERE FEATURED ON MSNBC AS BIDEN VOTERS

Haeck is also the wife of Ezra Nanes, a high-profile Democrat in Pennsylvania who in 2018 ran a campaign challenging Republican state Senate Majority Leader Jake Corman. Nanes is currently an at-large member of the Centre County Democratic Committee. Centre County is the county in which State College resides.

"My youngest daughter is transgender. The Trump administration has attacked the rights of transgender people, banning them from military service, weakening nondiscrimination protections and even removing the word 'transgender' from some government websites," Haeck said. "How will you as president reverse this dangerous and discriminatory agenda and ensure that the lives and rights of LGBTQ people are protected under U.S. law?"

"I will flat out just change the law," Biden responded.

The Democrat-tied questioners at the ABC town hall follow controversy earlier this month surrounding a Biden town hall held on NBC, which on Thursday was carrying the forum with Trump.

The Washington Free Beacon reported on Oct. 6 that two attendees who were identified as undecided voters at an NBC town hall with Biden had previously been shown on NBC's sister network, MSNBC, as Biden supporters.

When reached for comment about the participants with Democratic ties, ABC News directed Fox News to comments made by Stephanopoulos at the beginning of the event. 

"And they're a group of -- some are voting for [Biden], some have said they're voting for President Trump, some are still undecided, and we're going to try to take questions from as many as we can tonight," Stephanopoulos told viewers. 

ABC News declined additional comment.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-town-hall-questioners-former-obama-speechwriter-wife-pennsylvania-democrat

Offline eater

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +5/-6
Reply #325 on: October 17, 2020, 01:21:31 PM
doubt the mainstrem media will inform the voters of these scams

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #326 on: October 17, 2020, 01:48:07 PM
Coming soon for viewing by YOU:

Don't miss it, for your own future...[/color]

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #327 on: October 17, 2020, 07:46:51 PM
From the makers of Clinton Cash, which was thouroughly debunked.   Now the right-wing mud-slinging machine is at it again.  The slime just oozes out of Joan's post.  :roll:

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #328 on: October 17, 2020, 09:38:48 PM
From the makers of Clinton Cash, which was thouroughly debunked.   Now the right-wing mud-slinging machine is at it again.  The slime just oozes out of Joan's post.  :roll:

Who did the debunking, and when? Specifics if you can. TY

_priapism

Reply #329 on: October 17, 2020, 10:12:24 PM
The good news is, it’s almost over. And there’s gonna be such a backlash afterwards. I really worry for our nation. I think all of the GOP victims are going to turn on Trump, and blame him for everything that’s wrong with the party. It’s going to be a bloodbath.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 10:41:04 PM by ToeinH2O »

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #331 on: October 18, 2020, 07:52:24 PM
The good news is, it’s almost over. And there’s gonna be such a backlash afterwards. I really worry for our nation. I think all of the GOP victims are going to turn on Trump, and blame him for everything that’s wrong with the party. It’s going to be a bloodbath.

I wonder what other nation would take him?  He's sure to choose a country that does not have an extradition agreement with the United States.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #332 on: October 18, 2020, 08:41:41 PM

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #333 on: October 20, 2020, 03:37:14 AM
As a scientist, I approve this message.

_priapism

Reply #334 on: October 20, 2020, 04:53:35 AM

Offline xXshepXx

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +25/-0
Reply #335 on: October 20, 2020, 07:58:02 AM

Those Covid-19 hoax believers belong to the same group as the moon landing deniers though. So they'll never believe in science anyway.
Which is a kinda funny paradox, because whenever those guys try to defend their "fuck yeah 'murrica" superiority to us "Yuropoors", they come up with the argument "Guess, who landed on the moon."

I'm not okay, you're not okay. But hey, that's okay

Offline Hoss

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +88/-2
  • Desperate is not a sexual preference....
Reply #336 on: October 20, 2020, 08:12:51 AM

I wonder what other nation would take him?  He's sure to choose a country that does not have an extradition agreement with the United States.

Currently, Australia's borders for International visitors (apart from NZ) are closed due to Covit...so we are safe!!! :-* :-*

Australian Kissing.....just like the French - but done "Down Under"...

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1761/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #337 on: October 20, 2020, 01:23:27 PM
I think all of the GOP victims are going to turn on Trump, and blame him for everything that’s wrong with the party. It’s going to be a bloodbath.

That's exactly what my very Republican father said on Sunday during his visit at our house.   I hadn't thought of it, but yes, everybody will start the distancing process on Nov 4 if he loses.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #338 on: October 20, 2020, 09:55:28 PM
I think all of the GOP victims are going to turn on Trump, and blame him for everything that’s wrong with the party. It’s going to be a bloodbath.

That's exactly what my very Republican father said on Sunday during his visit at our house.   I hadn't thought of it, but yes, everybody will start the distancing process on Nov 4 if he loses.

It’s kind a like an odd story of Frankenstein. When the Koch brothers funded the tea party back in 2009, they thought they could energize the party, and fight back gains made by Obama and the democratic party.  They had no clue they were creating this wild bunch of people you didn’t hear much from before, who immediately began to make additional demands, to vote out traditional Republicans, and change the face of the republican party to something that no one ever envisioned it being in the first place. Now they’re left with this huge mess of angry white under educated voters, that are beyond redemption, a basket full of deplorable’s, and I don’t know that the Republican party can do to regroup to the traditional conservative model. I think we’re going to continue to see one demagogue after another pushed to the front. I predict it will take three or four election cycles to sort all this out. It’s not going to end on November 3.

_priapism

Reply #339 on: October 21, 2020, 08:46:40 PM
Wall Street Journal
October 21, 2020

This week I went to the polls in Texas. Truth be told, I am a pro-life, pro-Second Amendment, small-government, strong-defense and a national-anthem-standing conservative. But, I also believe that black lives matter, that the Dreamers deserve a path to citizenship, that diversity and inclusion are essential to our national success, that education is the great equalizer, that climate change is real and that the First Amendment is the cornerstone of our democracy. Most important, I believe that America must lead in the world with courage, conviction and a sense of honor and humility.

If we remain indifferent to our role in the world, if we retreat from our obligation to our citizens and our allies and if we fail to choose the right leader, then we will pay the highest price for our neglect and shortsightedness.

I voted for Joe Biden.

Ret. Admiral William McRaven, commander of U.S. Special Operations Command, 2011-14.