KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

The President Biden Thread: All Things President Joe

joan1984 · 17676

Offline Sweetums

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +97/-1
  • Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Don't listen to me.
Reply #400 on: January 23, 2021, 03:19:15 PM
Bore me daddy!

It’s all good, but from 7:50 on, it’s spectacular.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #401 on: January 26, 2021, 11:52:09 PM

In addition to the new format of announcements, I’ll add the part where Biden’s staff isn’t completely blindsided by the new policies either.

_priapism

Reply #402 on: January 27, 2021, 12:03:12 AM
My wife said, “You seem like you’re in a really good mood lately, what’s going on?”  I replied, “Donald Trump is no longer president.” 
 :emot_laughing:

Online MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3084/-41
Reply #403 on: January 27, 2021, 12:03:32 AM

In addition to the new format of announcements, I’ll add the part where Biden’s staff isn’t completely blindsided by the new policies either.

It's truly shocking!

On top of that, all of Biden's Executive Orders are published to the Federal Register, accessible to anyone with an internet connection.

I've found it quite handy, since every time you hear or read someone asserting Biden said this, or Biden wants to do that, or Biden's Executive Order did that, you just click through and read what he actually said:

http://www.federalregister.gov/presidential-documents/executive-orders/joe-biden/2021

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #404 on: January 28, 2021, 10:23:44 PM
My wife said, “You seem like you’re in a really good mood lately, what’s going on?”  I replied, “Donald Trump is no longer president.” 
 :emot_laughing:

Yesterday I heard someone on the news say ‘The president did. . . .’ and I cringed wondering what horseshit has Trump done now, just to smile and remember he’s not president anymore.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1312/-3
Reply #405 on: January 28, 2021, 11:14:06 PM
I've had no reaction like that Jed. My head is spinning at how much the President is doing so fast.

He's looking for solutions to problems while at the same time has up un-fuck all the crap the Trump dump left.

Go Joe...WOO!

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #406 on: February 05, 2021, 02:56:26 PM
Major.  He is such a beautiful dog, and will be the first rescue to live in the White House.

There’s 2!  I knew this was my president.

You can trust a person that truly loves dogs.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2946/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #407 on: February 05, 2021, 03:23:25 PM
May boss has those same socks Sir  :emot_laughing:

Offline Punty

• Not Yet A Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +2/-0
Reply #408 on: March 14, 2021, 11:14:35 PM
Major.  He is such a beautiful dog, and will be the first rescue to live in the White House.

There’s 2!  I knew this was my president.

You can trust a person that truly loves dogs.

One now. One of them bit a secret service agent and has been impeached.

_priapism

Reply #409 on: March 22, 2021, 11:25:51 PM

Offline Rainwater

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +14/-19
Reply #410 on: March 25, 2021, 08:28:34 PM
I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but I just had to turn off the Presidential Press Conference.  I am home taking a sick day, and it was making me feel more sick. 

I have yet to hear one answer to a question that made any sense at all.  It's as if Biden hears the question, starts to answer, then veers down another corridor in his mind.  Don't get me wrong.  Trump is insane, a narcissist who had to go, but why can't we admit we traded him in for a senile old man who can only read from a teleprompter?

Live while you live for you're a long time dead.

_priapism

Reply #411 on: March 26, 2021, 11:03:44 PM

_priapism

Reply #412 on: July 07, 2021, 12:53:32 AM
It’s Morning in Joe Biden’s America
July 5, 2021
By Paul Krugman
Opinion Columnist

Last Tuesday President Biden’s Council of Economic Advisers published a blog post warning everyone not to make too much of any one month’s employment report. It presumably released this in advance of Friday’s report to fend off possible accusations that it was just trying to make excuses for a weak number. As it happened, however, the report came in strong: The economy added an impressive 850,000 jobs.

The job gain was especially impressive given widespread claims that businesses couldn’t expand because generous unemployment benefits were discouraging workers from taking jobs. (Recent benefit cuts in many states came too late to have affected this report.) Well, somehow employers are managing to hire a lot of people anyway.

Oh, and so much for Donald Trump’s warnings that there would be a “Biden depression” if he weren’t re-elected.

That said, the council’s points were well taken. Covid-19 created huge dislocations in the economy, and as we recover from these dislocations economic data are unusually noisy — largely because the standard adjustments statisticians make to smooth out things like seasonal variation don’t work well in an economy still distorted by the pandemic.

At this point, however, we have enough data in hand to declare that the economy is booming. In fact, it’s booming so strongly that Republicans have pivoted from claiming (falsely) that we’re experiencing the worst job performance in decades to lauding the employment numbers and giving credit to … Trump’s 2017 tax cut.

Back to that in a minute. First, let’s try to put this boom in context, by noting that the economy is running hotter than it did during the “Morning in America” boom that gave Ronald Reagan a landslide victory in the 1984 presidential election.

We’ve gained three million jobs since Biden took office, or 600,000 jobs a month. This compares with gains of 340,000 a month in the year leading up to the 1984 election.

To be fair, Reagan-era job gains took place from a lower base, so it may be more appropriate to compare growth rates. But this still gives Biden the advantage: 5 percent at an annual rate, versus 4.4 percent in 1983-84. And the disparity grows if you compare jobs with the working-age population, which was growing around 1 percent a year in the 1980s but has stagnated in recent years.

So it’s a boom. What’s behind it?

The Republican determination to attribute everything good that happens to tax cuts is almost beyond parody. Some of us still remember how practically everyone in the G.O.P. predicted disaster after Bill Clinton raised taxes, then, when he presided over prosperity instead, declared that the boom of the late 1990s was a result of Reagan’s tax cuts in the early 1980s. Of course, they’re now insisting that good news in mid-2021 is somehow a vindication of stuff Trump did almost four years earlier.

The truth is that Reagan doesn’t even deserve much credit for the boom of 1983-84; most of the credit should go instead to the Federal Reserve, which slashed interest rates in 1982.

But how much credit should Biden get for job growth in 2021? Not all of it, certainly, but quite a lot.

The American Rescue Plan, which greatly increased the purchasing power of American consumers, has surely been an important driver of growth. Even more important, however, has been the rapid rise in vaccination rates, which has led to a plunge in the infection and death rates. Some of us predicted long ago that the U.S. would experience a rapid, “V-shaped” recovery once the pandemic subsided and the economy could reopen; well, the success of the vaccination drive has brought us to that moment.

And political leadership has had a lot to do with rapid vaccination. Yes, the vaccines themselves were developed before Biden took office, and the Trump administration had ordered millions of doses. But the Biden administration took much stronger steps than its predecessor had to coordinate vaccine distribution and get shots into arms.

More generally, anyone who doubts the importance of political leadership in progress against Covid-19 should look at the differences in vaccination rates across states, which have a stunning correlation with partisanship: States that voted for Biden have been much more successful than Trump states in getting their residents vaccinated.

So yes, we are having another morning in America, and Biden deserves more credit for his good morning than Reagan ever did for his.

Obviously things could still go wrong. Vaccination rates have slowed down, in part because of resistance in red states, and the large number of still-unvaccinated Americans makes a wave of new outbreaks possible. Also, while I’m in the camp that sees the current inflation as a transitory problem, we could be wrong.
Above all, short-run economic success is no guarantee of good long-term results. Many people have forgotten the widespread economic despair that prevailed just a few years after Reagan’s triumphalism.

But right now the economic news is good. And Joe Biden has every right to crow about it.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #413 on: July 10, 2021, 09:39:00 AM
Good post.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1604/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #414 on: July 10, 2021, 04:36:08 PM
Another issue that Biden will probably be demonized on is the ending of the US troop involvement in Afghanistan.  It is unfortunate that he will be remembered as the president who pulled the last US troops out, basically turning the country back to the Taliban and their fundamentalist rule.  But twenty years and over 2,300 American deaths and many more injuries, why were we there in the first place?  News reports show Afghan army units leaving their weapons in piles and fleeing at the approach of the Taliban.   Shades of Vietnam, 46 years earlier. 

We need to stay out of the problems of other countries unless those affairs directly threaten us.  This war had nothing to do with 9-11. Most of those bombers originated in Saudi Arabia, and we never invaded that country.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

_priapism

Reply #415 on: July 10, 2021, 08:38:41 PM
Never start a land war in Asia. Invaders of Afghanistan include the Maurya Empire, the Greek Empire of Alexander the Great of Macedon, Rashidun Caliphate, the Mongol Empire led by Genghis Khan, the Timurid Empire of Timur, the Mughal Empire, various Persian Empires, the Sikh Empire, the British Empire, the Soviet Union, and most recently the United States.  Maybe the Mongol’s had the greatest success.  They pretty much killed all the men, and raped all the women.

George Bush II lacked that whole “history thing.” Ironically, the United States armed the Taliban to fight the USSR. See “Charlie Parker’s War.”

So we had no business going there in the first place. Then we certainly had no business staying there for 20 years. Somebody’s got to say “enough.“ And I’m glad old “demented” Joe Biden has the balls to finally do it.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #416 on: July 12, 2021, 03:47:33 AM
Perhaps if we permitted ALL their women to immigrate to the USA we could change their culture.  Make the place livable so the women want to return, or you can go extinct.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #417 on: July 12, 2021, 04:59:56 AM
Perhaps if we permitted ALL their women to immigrate to the USA we could change their culture.  Make the place livable so the women want to return, or you can go extinct.

I’m in favor of that!!!

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #418 on: August 18, 2021, 11:50:33 PM
I think Joe has gone back to DC.  We have a tornado warning with Camp David in the crosshairs.  You remember Camp David, that’s where Trump wanted to negotiate the peace with the Taliban on the anniversary of 9/11.

Offline Clitical Thinking

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +431/-17
Reply #419 on: August 18, 2021, 11:53:23 PM
Another issue that Biden will probably be demonized on is the ending of the US troop involvement in Afghanistan.  It is unfortunate that he will be remembered as the president who pulled the last US troops out, basically turning the country back to the Taliban and their fundamentalist rule. 

Prophetic post is prophetic  :o