KB - a better class of pervert

News:

How to search for stories by writer?

Big Papa Usagi · 967

Offline Big Papa Usagi

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +3/-0
on: April 04, 2019, 11:16:59 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong place, but how do I search for all stories/threads by a specific poster?

psiberzerker

Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 11:24:26 PM
it's clunky, but you can click the profile, and search All Posts by Poster.  Usually last-to-first, but it's just a click away from inverting the list.  Unfortunately, that's ALL posts.  So, you have to skim through them for the chapter length ones. 

(Inconvenient for authors like GeminiGuy, who only posts what his phone will handle.)

_priapism

Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 02:02:15 AM
You can also go to a story subforum, and click “started by.”  This will sort all posts by author.  Then use the page function to find your author and you can scroll through all post by title.

Remington555

Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 01:49:21 PM

First, check the author's profile. I, and some others, have a clickable link to all the stories I have posted here.

If not listed on the profile, here's another way to do it, although it's still a bit clunky. Click on SEARCH button (between HELP and PROFILE) on the menu bar.

You have to type something in the first box (Search for:) or it will return an error. I just typed 'THE' in, figuring any story would have the word somewhere in it.

edit: Some authors (Meatbot for one) put their name in the story so it's worth a try to enter the user name in both fields in the top line.

Next, (in the box that says by user:) type the name of the author you want to look for. I used Meatbot as a test and got over 10 pages of results.

DON'T click 'Search' just yet.

First, UN-check the box that says 'Check all' then click the plus sign right above it. Put a check in each of the story forums you want to search (in the right column).

NOW you can click on 'Search' and you will get results.

You may end up getting some replies made by the user, but all the stories should be there as well.

Remmy
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 01:05:22 PM by Remington555 »

psiberzerker

Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 03:23:58 PM
Click on SEARCH button (between HELP and PROFILE) on the menu bar...

Thanks, Remmy.  I hadn't figured out all the tricks (Like unclicking Check All) yet.

Offline Big Papa Usagi

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +3/-0
Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 10:57:14 PM
Thank you all for the help! Odd how there's no find all threads by user link on the profile page, there is in all the other forums I frequent.

_priapism

Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 11:00:38 PM
Thank you all for the help! Odd how there's no find all threads by user link on the profile page, there is in all the other forums I frequent.

We’re run by volunteers, and our software is somewhat ancient.  You can find what you need, but it may take a few more clicks.  Any of the regulars here are happy to help, if you require assistance.

Remington555

Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 02:08:02 PM

Actually at the bottom of everyone's profile page there's a link that says:
Show the last posts of this person.

I clicked on mine and there were 66 pages, which is literally every post I've ever made in the time I've been here (almost a year). They are listed by most recent to oldest, but all the stories I've posted could be read by doing that, but you'd have to skip over non-story posts, like this one.

Remmy

_priapism

Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 04:33:38 PM
It’s the equivalent of binge watching.  If you hit the show all posts and go to the last page, you can read everything a member has ever posted in chronological order from oldest to most recent.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1750/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 04:56:30 PM
It’s the equivalent of binge watching.  If you hit the show all posts and go to the last page, you can read everything a member has ever posted in chronological order from oldest to most recent.

When Barb, Little Bit or IB, go on a posting marathon, that's how I like to view their pictures quickly.  Just scroll through them all in their post history.   

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

psiberzerker

Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 06:43:15 PM
I tried that, but it doesn't clear the topics from Recent Unread, nor sort them out.  Also, I like to be able to scroll up, review the previous submissions in let's say Brunettes and Boobs.  You still have to go in Pics &Vids/LGBTQ Pics & Vids to Mark All as Read.

I am not complaining about having so many hot pictures to sort through.  Not at all, keep up the good work!

Remington555

Reply #11 on: July 12, 2019, 09:49:53 AM

Been there, done that. No, not naming names.

Remmy

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1750/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #12 on: July 12, 2019, 01:05:06 PM

Been there, done that. No, not naming names.

Remmy

So you're a stalker of some of the members?

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Remington555

Reply #13 on: July 12, 2019, 01:11:33 PM

Inquiring minds want to know...

Remmy

PS: Stalker is such a harsh word.  ;D

Offline Army of One

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +192/-2
Reply #14 on: July 13, 2019, 01:14:40 PM
I'm going to put this to the mod team: how about a subforum where we can list all our stories in one post. As some of us here know, this is what RU do, which is helpful, and I think KB could benefit from this kind of "library filing system".

Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

_priapism

Reply #15 on: July 13, 2019, 01:27:39 PM
I'm going to put this to the mod team: how about a subforum where we can list all our stories in one post. As some of us here know, this is what RU do, which is helpful, and I think KB could benefit from this kind of "library filing system".

You can list your stories on your profile, as many do, or just create a post with your stories in “Sex Stories by Members.”

http://www.kristensboard.com/forums/index.php?topic=11065.0
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 06:54:13 PM by ToeinH20 »

psiberzerker

Reply #16 on: July 13, 2019, 03:01:09 PM
At RavishU, we had an Authors and their Stories forum.  It was really handy.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #17 on: August 19, 2019, 12:37:16 AM
DO not use the Forum's search function, it will crash the site.

Use Google: search kristensboard then the search term.